UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 60

Nessex

Side Note: I kinda wish some comic-book writer would take it upon himself to make Morph an actual 616 character. I know Changeling existed, and he's who Morph in the cartoon was based on. But he's like a wholly different character in a lot of ways. Costumes look nothing alike. Stories differ. Code name differs. And lots of people who only ever watched the 90s cartoon have no idea about the distinction, and still think Morph is an actual X-Man to this day, and not a creation of the cartoon. Furthermore, AoA and Exiles Morph just confuse things even further, as they have the Morph codename, but look absolutely nothing like Cartoon Morph OR Changeling (and to further confuse things, while those two look almost identical, they're two wholly separate Morphs, from different realities.) I kinda wish they'd give Morph the X-23/Harley Quinn treatment... and just inject him in the mainstream comics for the sake of establishing him in the mainstream universe. He could be a resurrected Changeling w/ a name change, or a wholly new character. He can even look like AoA Morph. I honestly don't care at this point. I just want Morph to exist in the 616 Universe, lol.

I know this may be a weird request seeing as he's the easiest custom imaginable but I really want an official Joseph.

Yes, I can just put long white hair on a Magneto, but then I just feel odd. As if, i just lost a figure and I'll never get it back.

If i could get Joseph with a set of his Brotherhood, I would be one happy camper! I wouldn't even really want his entire Brotherhood, Just a box set of him, Blob, Quicksilver, and Mastermind.

Didn't they start that with that new Benjamin character in Uncanny X-Men?

Yeah, his codename is Morph, and I think they made a joke about it.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah - Changeling & AoA Morph are the same person from different timelines. That's what i liked about the original run of AoA stuff. Some dead 616 characters had managed to survive (Like Blink & Morph), while still living 616 peeps were dead (I always assumed Psylocke & Selene had 'died' & been taken into the Brains-trust until that ghastly 10th anniversary series).

Man, the tenth anniversary stuff was just abysmal, and everything since has been pretty damned rough, too

Also, thanks guys... now I want to tweak Colossus AND make Revanche, and NEITHER of those would be cheap to do

Correction, Piotr's not THAT expensive. Then I can not only do a boot swap, but make a powered down Peter (that sounds dirty..)

Oh, this Friday...

as far as X-Men who have not been officially released goes, we have Cecilia, Joseph, Cannonball, Marrow, Maggot, and Sunfire. I made a really easy custom Cannonball using w10 Bishop body, an extra new mutants Cannonball head, regular white arms, and Rachel Grey's yellow gloves. Joseph and Cecilia (and animated Morph) will all be very easy to make once wave 60 hits. so that leaves Marrow, Maggot and Sunfire. I'd also like to see X-Men versions of Husk, M and Chamber, though I would much rather we get a Gen X set first. Since she's been in Amazing X-Men, i took Firestar and popped a red X-Men belt on her, and added her to the team. Oh! I would love to get an Omega Sentinel, too. other than that, there are characters like Mystique, Sabretooth and Lady Mastermind who served as X-Men briefly but quickly betrayed the team. And Lifeguard, Slipstream and Thunderbird III, who were mostly in X-Treme, though i know Thunderbird was introduced in X-Men.

I was confused about the inclusion of Cannonball and Sunfire, until I realized you meant specifically their 616 X-Men outfits. Cannonball had a LOT of different X-Men outfits. The blue one with the pouches was not his best, but not his worst. The Capullo costume would do in a pinch -- packaged samples of that one are in, I think.

You left out Sage, as well, which makes me think there are more X-Men we haven't made than just these.

as far as X-Men who have not been officially released goes, we have Cecilia, Joseph, Cannonball, Marrow, Maggot, and Sunfire. I made a really easy custom Cannonball using w10 Bishop body, an extra new mutants Cannonball head, regular white arms, and Rachel Grey's yellow gloves. Joseph and Cecilia (and animated Morph) will all be very easy to make once wave 60 hits. so that leaves Marrow, Maggot and Sunfire. I'd also like to see X-Men versions of Husk, M and Chamber, though I would much rather we get a Gen X set first. Since she's been in Amazing X-Men, i took Firestar and popped a red X-Men belt on her, and added her to the team. Oh! I would love to get an Omega Sentinel, too. other than that, there are characters like Mystique, Sabretooth and Lady Mastermind who served as X-Men briefly but quickly betrayed the team. And Lifeguard, Slipstream and Thunderbird III, who were mostly in X-Treme, though i know Thunderbird was introduced in X-Men.

I was confused about the inclusion of Cannonball and Sunfire, until I realized you meant specifically their 616 X-Men outfits. Cannonball had a LOT of different X-Men outfits. The blue one with the pouches was not his best, but not his worst. The Capullo costume would do in a pinch -- packaged samples of that one are in, I think.

You left out Sage, as well, which makes me think there are more X-Men we haven't made than just these.

Oh there are dozens. Definitely more than just those. The extent of which can vary wildly depending on how in-depth and nitpicky you want to get. (As per one of my earlier posts)...

Start here...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_X-Men_members

Section 1 is more or less your X-Men Marvel considers official X-Men (some of which i don't even think deserve to be on the list). Then all the subsections get more and more all over the place from there. Temporary Teams. Side Teams. Non-Sanctioned Teams. Etc. Even still, just limiting oneself to section 1, there are a fair few that don't have minimates (mostly in the more modern years.)

Here, I took the liberty...

Mimic, Changeling, Petra, Sway, Darwin, Vulcan, Revanche, Joseph, Ceclia Reyes, Marrow, Maggott, Thunderbird III (Neal), Sage, Xorn, Chamber, Stacy X, Lifeguard, Slipstream, Husk, Xorn II, Lady Mastermind, Omega Sentinel, Armor, Hepzibah, Pixie, Dr. Nemesis, Ariel (The lame one, not Kitty), Danger, EVA (Fantomex's Sentient Spaceship/Organ thing), Frenzy, Legion, X-Man, Warbird (Not Carol. I don't even know who this is, as I'm not up on current comics, but it's on the list), 616 Blink, And M...

And again, that's just the main list. Nevermind all the sub-sections.

Edited by Gillbob316

Here, I took the liberty...

Mimic, Changeling, Revanche, Joseph, Ceclia Reyes, Marrow, Maggott, Xorn, Chamber, Omega Sentinel, Armor, Hepzibah, Pixie, Dr. Nemesis, Danger

And throw in a white costume Fantomex for good measure!

Mind you, Marrow, Maggot, Armor, Xorn, and Nemesis would top this list for me

That Warbird is a Shi'ar and bodyguard to Kid Gladiator. Along with the unmade characters here, you'd also have a number of period specific redos, like the entire Chris Claremont revival team that fought the Neo

It's weird because that Claremont Revolution stuff might be the most forgotten era in X-Men history. You never see any writers call back stuff from that time period, it's almost like it never happened. Never see any merchandise, official or even custom.

I'm kind of curious to go back and read it, however I remember it was really really bad. So bad it was a big reason Bob Harras lost his job as Marvel's EIC.

I'm going to bookmark the discussion from the previous page so that I can bring it up the next time one of you X-fanboys is complaining in a speculation thread about how we NEED a X-Men wave or box set. biggrin.png

Compare that list with the list of major Avengers we are still waiting to see even once- off the top of my head Black Knight, Mockingbird, Tigra, and Quasar- and you can see why I don't think the scales are exactly balanced. And that doesn't even get into the wider Marvel Universe outside of the X-Men canon. There are major characters that are integral parts of the Marvel Universe that haven't even gotten one Minimate, so when people start talking about the need for multiple Boom-Booms, well....wallbash.gif

But you guys are cool in my book.thumbsup.gif

It's weird because that Claremont Revolution stuff might be the most forgotten era in X-Men history. You never see any writers call back stuff from that time period, it's almost like it never happened. Never see any merchandise, official or even custom.

I'm kind of curious to go back and read it, however I remember it was really really bad. So bad it was a big reason Bob Harras lost his job as Marvel's EIC.

Claremont references it. He's the only one. Tullamore Voge has popped up in his Nightcrawler book.

I've never ever heard of that storyline.

Here's the biggest issue... the story in both books revolved around the introduction of "The Neo" who were "as far advanced beyond mutants as mutants are beyond humans." They said this... A LOT. But nothing, anywhere, ever, illustrated this concept. They just had WEIRD powers. The teams themselves, though, we're kind of neat, and the new uniforms introduced were pretty fun.

1087783.jpg

Edited by Mnemosis

Yep. Same with Colossus IMO. In fact, the only nu costume there I kind of dig is Storm. And with Art Adams drawing it, if it don't look good, then it ain't.

Also, we NEED more Boom Booms, please.

Edited by karamazov80

See, I liked all but Kurt and Piotr's.

I enjoy the way Rogue's and Kitty's complement each other, Cable's was a memorial to Scott, Beast's makes a lot more tactical sense than - though how it works with his fur...? Psylocke's is my favorite look for her, conceptually, though the standard bathing suit costume always edges it out for being so iconic. Then there's Jean and Storm who I think just look VERY dynamic in these outfits that pay reasonable homage to their characters, while still having some style. They usually just get a skintight bodysuit and maybe a lightning bolt or Phoenix emblazoned across the front - usually complete with shoulder pads. This look for Storm manages to be regal, functional, and sexy all at once while Jean's is FAR more streamlined than the Lee Classic but more stylish by a mile than the basic Phoenix look.

Wolverine and Gambit are basically just in moderately more armored versions of their standard looks, and both work, but neither is necessarily an improvement.

That Warbird is a Shi'ar and bodyguard to Kid Gladiator. Along with the unmade characters here, you'd also have a number of period specific redos, like the entire Chris Claremont revival team that fought the Neo

Some of the costumes appeared in very poorly rated video games.... but that's about the only place i remember seeing them:

X-Men_Mutant_Academy_Cover.png

Speaking of lasting effects of that story arc...

The whole Jean/Psylocke power swap thing... that was never really explained all that well, to my recollection. Whereby Jean was now supposed to have some of Psylocke's Telepathy, making hers stronger, and Psylocke now had Jean's Telekinetics...

Did they ever give that a real explanation? All I ever remember was "It happened in the hidden time between this story arc and the last one. We'll explain it later." and then they never explained it.

And what's the deal with Psylocke's powers these days? Does she still have Jean's Telekinesis? I can't even keep track anymore.

And as far as I knew, her psychic knife (shaped like a fist weapon, from her ninja bathing suit years) was originally like, a non-tangible thing she used to scramble people's brains. Then after the swap, she started using the telekinetic katana, which was the glowing pink sword, but since that was TK it WAS supposed to be tangible, and she cut things with it. And writers seem to have like... transposed concepts from both weapons and gotten them all confused and mixed up. And she wields like... a psychic sword now, it seems, that's sometimes tangible and sometimes isn't... which is why I'm still confused about if she's telekinetic or not.

I typically know loads more X-Men trivia than most, but the whole damn thing always confused me, and still does to this day.

Does she fly?

Anyway, if in fact Psylocke still has TK powers, that would be a lasting effect. I'd think. (Though I'm not sure she does.)

Edited by Gillbob316

It always seemed like a p*ss-weak effort to make Psylocke more useful on the battle-field with her 'mountain shattering TK'. I *kind* of understood why they did this with Emma Frost. Her secondary mutation was needed to save her on Genosha & it made her a lot more writable as a field agent for the x-men, rather than just a teacher. Plus - it kind of tied into what a snob she was/is.

But Psylocke was already quite physical. They had already screwed with her and turned her into a deadly ninja assassin. The TK just seemed like sloppy, poorly explained 'magic' to give her a new look and power.

Say what you want but Claremont's second run did get us this gorgeous Jean Costume.

Jean_Grey_(23).jpg

And when paired with Davis we got these costumes:

newcover252.jpeg

Which we have seen a few places including the Island's of Adventure Theme park. That being said, it was a mess. I just don't think they gave him the time he needed and the audiences were too impatient. Comics now are more flippable IMHO and not really building up to anything unless it is a Bendis/Hickman title.

Yeah, THAT is the Jean costume. Tied with the Lee costume as my favorite, and ONLY because the Lee costume was more relevant, lasting longer and making it to the cartoons. Simply on merit of it's design, I will always love this costume best.

But I disagree on Claremont's returns to the X-family. Every... SINGLE... time, I swear his writing gets worse. And it's largely because, by default, he seems to ignore everything everyone else has been doing. He just starts writing the book he'd be writing if he'd never left, and it's obnoxious. Unlike Peter David, who successfully integrates the work other writers have done and layers it into his modern stories.