UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 60

Nessex

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... everyone here will likely be disappointed when they find out which thing that was guessed is actually right.

It's important to manage the expectation, but i feel like it may be a little too late for that now , mate. LOL

I honestly thought nobody could come up with something more amazing than what we were doing, but I forgot that everybody has their own obsessions and interests, and if you get 20 Multiversers guessing in a room, eventually they will guess the unguessable.

Let's pretend I've got a plan to solve world hunger. Start guessing, let's see what you come up with. I'll submit the best idea to the U.N.

I honestly thought nobody could come up with something more amazing than what we were doing, but I forgot that everybody has their own obsessions and interests, and if you get 20 Multiversers guessing in a room, eventually they will guess the unguessable.

Let's pretend I've got a plan to solve world hunger. Start guessing, let's see what you come up with. I'll submit the best idea to the U.N.

http://www.soylent.me/

It's just a matter of getting it produced and distributed cheaply enough to those who need it. The creator (a bit eccentric from the interviews I've seen) envisions a day when you have a Soylent faucet directly in your home.

You want unguessable? How about...

4793438_orig.jpg,

Owned by Marvel, after all.

Man, I had forgotten about those. I picked up all those great comics that George Perez drew.

Ultraverse was a fun universe at the time, I would love to see Marvel revisit some of those characters.

Edited by youbastards

There was a lot of guessing before Zach stated (page 4) that "half" had been guessed... groups guessed prior to his post:

Wrecking Crew, Mystique's Brotherhood, Enforcers, X-Force, various GSXM subsets (incl. Banshee & others), WCA, Defenders subset (incl. Nighthawk), various Avengers subsets (incl. Falcon, Black Knight, etc.), Power Pack, Runaways, Warriors 3 plus-one

He also stated that 2015 would be Avengers-heavy, but I'm not sure if 60 falls under that spell yet. Very explicitly early on: four new classic villains. (no re-dos here at all?)

wait, are you saying that we are getting our first "build a mate" figure in the form of an 8 inch Galactus maximate. I like your clues Zach "world hunger" good one buddy! you were right, that was almost totally unguessable!

Pretty sure all the freaky genetically engineered crops we've got out there will serve this purpose. . .of course, it's probably doing subtle, but irreparable and ultimately long-term damage to our own genetic codes in the process, and will end up either turning us into a race of mutated freaks, or impotent, or both, but screw it. Carpe diem!

Not to sound rude or anything, but can we stop the world hunger comments. Intentional or not, Zach sidelined the real reason for the thread, and I'd rather go back to speculation on this wave or actual news about the wave. I'm just so anxious for the reveal that it's disheartening to come in and see more soylent green comments.

Edited by Tetton517

I no longer think this series is unguessable. Although the guessing has gotten so elaborate and strange that everyone here will likely be disappointed when they find out which thing that was guessed is actually right.

So we guessed something, accurately, but overshot the reality (is how I read this). Maybe we get blue and yellow Wolverine, but have to supply our own Gambit head? Or... something? I just don't know. But I believe we're getting the Brotherhood, so the rest is CAKE.

Or maybe DST is taking a cue from Luke; one body/head with stickers for other faces and a guide to which existing figures' hair pieces would work. It would actually be kind of clever, though it would only serve the secondary market, not DST directly

Imagine Wolverine with stickers for Gambit, Banshee, and Forge (faces and bionics) and then a little picture chart showing whose hair could be used with which stickers

Although I would love to get four new unique female characters, I would certainly not be opposed to getting the Stepford Cuckoos. I'm all for unreleased modern X-Men characters.

Based on the hints, I'd be happy with either characters that complete teams/sets or new modern characters. I'd be disappointed if we got a bunch of random versions of characters that don't fit into teams we already have.

On a selfish note, I also hope we don't get 90's X-Factor because they have zero sentimental value to me.

One issue with the modern X-Men is that they change costumes faster than X-themed Minimates get released. :-/