UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 60

Nessex

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bigvis, saying "I kind of hope it's not Wrecking Crew" is one of the worst possible things you can post on this forum. You better start running now. I'll try to hold them off for as long as I can!

I'm PSYCHED. 7 new characters, 1 re-do? 4 villains? Themed with no army builder? Allow me to wishfully think...

1) X-MEN

Cyclops: skullcap re-do, Banshee, Sunfire, Mimic

Destiny, Avalanche, Blob, Pyro

2) AVENGERS

Falcon: red/white classic re-do, Black Knight, Tigra, Mockingbird

[Wrecking Crew] OR any 4 of:

Melter, Black Knight I, Living Laser, Man-Ape, Whirlwind, Tiger Shark, Egghead, etc.

3) DEFENDERS

Doctor Strange: re-do, Hellcat, Son of Satan, Nighthawk

Baron Mordo, Dormammu (video game version doesn't count), Attuma, Nebulon

None of these may be likely, but the above is the kind of assortment I'd be all over.

I guess it could also be Thor + Warriors Three, against Surtur, Ulik, Enchantress, Executioner.

This is quite enjoyable.

What about Thor and The Warriors Three vs. The Wrecking Crew

I'm thinking the same thing. Zach said two of the heroes are new and two of them are re-dos. Thor has been done countless times and Volstagg popped up as part of the Thor movie TRU wave. Neither Hogun or Fandral have been done and I'm sure fans would just kill to get their paws on those two mates. The possibility of owning a Wrecking Crew at one time would allow me to die a happy man. Fingers crossed.

Two instant teams, too!

...Man, I hope this gets approved.

I think you guys are onto something...could be the best wave ever! Would also explain Zach's "hoping it gets approved".

Thor / Wrecker

Fandral / Piledriver

Volstagg / Bulldozer

Hogun / Thunderball

Edited by youbastards

Ugh the suspense is killing me. I hope we get some new X-Men mates! Banshee, Sunfire (re-do), Forge, and Brotherhood (Pyro, Avalanche, Toad, Blob, Destiny, Mastermind, green Quicksilver any of the above).... Or X-Force Sunspot, Siryn, Warpath...

It's amazing how fast we went from the post-SDCC "marvel minimates are clearly dead, I'm selling my collection" to "SQUEEEEEEE"

wink.png

Fandom is fickle.

Also, I think we may be mistakenly conflating "some people here will be happy" with "these two waves are 100% fanwank"

I'm PSYCHED. 7 new characters, 1 re-do? 4 villains? Themed with no army builder? Allow me to wishfully think...

1) X-MEN

Cyclops: skullcap re-do, Banshee, Sunfire, Mimic

Destiny, Avalanche, Blob, Pyro

Strictly speaking, Blob & sunfire could technically be 're-do' characters. Movie Blob & AoA Sunfire :/

Although - i would LOVE to be proven wrong!

I think you guys are onto something...could be the best wave ever! Would also explain Zach's "hoping it gets approved".

Thor / Wrecker

Fandral / Piledriver

Volstagg / Bulldozer

Hogun / Thunderball

Forgive me for asking - but how well known are the Wrecking Crew outside of marvel comic readers? I know i'm not familiar with what any of their powers are. And are the Warriors Three big enough to sell a wave? I know i'd buy it just for the great designs and bright colours... but i'm wondering if WS & W3 are maybe a bit too (please don't hate me) B-list?

I'm basically asking if this wave idea has enough general sales appeal?

Well, they've been in several cartoons and the big Hasbro toy lines, so I think there is decent recognition. The Warriors Three have been major supporting characters in Thor books for 40+ years, and have been featured in both Thor films. They aren't household names, by any means, but then again neither were Viper, Strucker, Winter Soldier or Falcon when Wave 54 hit.

After all the movie waves we've gotten, 60/19 are going to be great regardless of the lineups.

Yeah, i take your point about Viper & Stucker. I guess Flacon & WS were about to be major players in a marvel film, though.

Still - if either of the popular theories/wishes are right, id' be damn happy. Brotherhood or W3+WC would both be awesome.

Zach do you eat popcorn or m&m's while you sit back and watch us spin our wheels ;) As for a redo. Maybe Firestar since she is an A-Lister (X-Men/Avengers)? As for the other slots I smell a Banshee / Sunfire pairing just from the amount of bitching we have done over the years.

Ugh the suspense is killing me. I hope we get some new X-Men mates! Banshee, Sunfire (re-do), Forge, and Brotherhood (Pyro, Avalanche, Toad, Blob, Destiny, Mastermind, green Quicksilver any of the above).... Or X-Force Sunspot, Siryn, Warpath...

Firestar is not an A-lister. I know she was in Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, but even her Avengers run did nothing for her. That said, I don't know why Marvel has never made HER their poster girl, given her TV background. Maybe the setting yourself on fire thing? The same reason they dropped Torch from the FF cartoon? I thought that was in the past, but...

And I forget why I dropped any info on 60/19 in the first place, but I usually only post info in response to questions and speculation from others. Really, I do it to squelch flights of fancy more than anything, although I guess I like giving you guys hope in comic Minimates once again. Seeing people excited and not doom-and-gloom is certainly nice, but I don't do it to watch you tie yourself up in knots.

...Although it's kind of fun to see somebody guess something completely wrong. :D To be fair, half of Series 60 is probably unguessable. It's something that's been asked for, I'm sure, but we have not talked about it very much here. And the new thing, which is an aspect of those specific figures, not the packaging, is something that has been suggested, but perhaps not in this context. The other half has been guessed already.

So, will all cases of wave 60 be 'god' cases? Or will one of the 2-packs still be 1 per case? Thanks Zach, for teasing us!

...Although it's kind of fun to see somebody guess something completely wrong. biggrin.png

Yeah, I'm also laughing at all these deluded fools who don't realize we're getting Hellcat and Nighthawk. But I'm not laughing in a cruel way, so it's OK.