UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 60

Nessex

Not inventing the wheel here but I just took a Terrax mound stuck a flight stand to it and just kept on trucking. Sorry for the photo quality.

[edit for space]

Very cool. I like your Cecilia set up too. What face did you use for her?

Just realized I never answered this. I used one of my spare BSG Tory that I wanted to use some day for an M or Misty Knight custom. I used the face it for a trial run of Mirage before she got made. I used her left over hair piece for White Tiger & Domino since I didn't think the hair that came with them worked and this hair was more wild which suited the characters. Hail Ivan.

fig0671flg.jpg

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got the last set to finish wave 60. I do not know who to put Storm as, Pyslock or Storm.....Hmmmmmmmmm

FullSizeRender.jpg

Hey Captain Paco, what I was thinking is you could cut a corner of Blob's boot as well as foot, glue the foot corner on the boot. Thus making the effect the boot is ripped.

I never thought of that; maybe I might try it.

I was thinking of trying the cutting of the boot and bare foot to try that look for Zombie Blob; however, the bare foot is actually bigger than the boot. I will have to give it a little more thinking before I do go through with it.

My case arrived last friday. Even with some paiting flaws I loved this series! The good poart is taht with a lot of extras, you can choose the parts with best paiting.
I started to read comics regularlly a few issues before this team been assembled so I followed their entire arc and beyond but this team became my favorite! Whem DST showed this series I got crazy! It was the first time I made an preorder (beeing from outside US, it´s hard to make preorders, you always need to wait a few items get in stock and made a bigger order, to optimize the shipping costs) and I can´t be happier! The wait worth it!

And made a quick dio for them too
image_zpsq0krl4jh.jpg

Edited by Gregio

Love it! I have the same "big three" villains posed together alongside MY X-Men display, too

Even old, this Apocalypse is still great! I had other plans for him and Sinister, I made a diorama barely based in the X-Cutioner' Song saga but used the dio for my Aliens figures! And these X-Men deserved more epic foes around them

Edited by Gregio

My case arrived last friday. Even with some paiting flaws I loved this series! The good poart is taht with a lot of extras, you can choose the parts with best paiting.

I started to read comics regularlly a few issues before this team been assembled so I followed their entire arc and beyond but this team became my favorite! Whem DST showed this series I got crazy! It was the first time I made an preorder (beeing from outside US, it´s hard to make preorders, you always need to wait a few items get in stock and made a bigger order, to optimize the shipping costs) and I can´t be happier! The wait worth it!

And made a quick dio for them too

image_zpsq0krl4jh.jpg

amazing , how do you make your dio back grounds ?

That one actually are the display stand from two of Matrix action figures, by McFarlane Toys. But usually I use depron, that is a harder foam. Easy to cut and rigid enough to support a relative weight. I'll put some pics from my collection (and the dioramas) in the Pictures Thread.

so I ended up buying 3 complete sets of Wave 60 and I am gonna sell my extra Brotherhood mates (as well as a couple of other lots I have of extra figures). is their a certain thread or forum where people post about lots they have up for bid on eBay?

Edited by suicidewatch

• 2 weeks later...

254-1.jpg

Forgive my ignorance but who are these characters? The only ones I recognize 100% are Banshee and Forge.

If I had to guess I'd say there's Mohawk Lad (Legion?), Lunge Girl (Moira?), The Aryan (Sunder?), Chick-with-Gun (Sandy Stuart?), and Emerald Locks (Polaris?) but I'm sure I'm way off.

Isn't the redhead Jean? I know I read that comic, way back when, but I can't recall. The one with the gun is definitely Moira, and that's Legion with the mohawk. I think that's Sunder and not Strong Guy; if memory serves, both Legion and Sunder (a minor Morlock) were living on Moira's island when this "team" was put together. And, if I'm remembering right, Polaris was in her post-Malice "no magnetic powers but really strong" phase.

Just got my set from Luke and Jubilee from a kind soul from Instagram and gosh! Now I hope this wave was bigger as well!

Given its success, I think a complementary wave would be sold out too. My suggestion is:

- Savage Island Rogue/ Kazar

- Savage Island Magneto/ Zaladane

- Lilandra/ Professor X wearing that red robe

- Gladiator/ Deathbird

Man, would that make me happy!

If you try to Sell us a Ka-Zar without a Zabu, Dannii, so help me..... nono.gif

lol but where could we include it if it were as big as Lockjaw (is that its name in English? That inhuman "dog"?)

Anyway it's sad to hear that Marvel is boycotting itself restricting the use of one of its major comics line... :(