UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 60

Nessex

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a picture of my Zombie Brotherhood Mates.

Zombie%20Brotherhood_zps80gea6x4.jpg

Thanks to Luke's decals and I enjoyed tweaking Blob to make him look like a Zombie and ripping open bodies to consume flesh and brains. I even gave him a fleshy hunk to nibble from.

I did try to make Pyro's hair look more dirty because we all know Zombies don't take proper care of themselves.

I darkened it with a mustard colored sharpie pen, but I also made the mask part more orange than it was as most zombie minimates seem to have a coloring that is just off from the normal minimates.

Here are a few customs I did with parts from Wave 60 and some decals from Luke.

Banshee%20Morph%20Gambit%20Custom%20Mini

Shadowcat%20Forge%20Gambit%20Custom%20Mi

Yes, I did two Gambit customs, one to pay a little tribute to his classic look and the one with the parts to use on Banshee's body from the package. Kitty is on a Storm body. I only wish that Doc Oct was more yellow for Banshee. I am going to use Iron Fist's body parts for making Siren.

Edited by Captain Paco

I did a little reworking of Zombie Pyro, Zombie Avalanche and Zombie Blob.

Brotherhood%20Zombies_zpsarmeiksc.jpg

I did some cutting of the harness on Pyro, I added some bloody spots to Blob and I cut Avalanche's shoulder harness and gave him a zombie arm for some more variation. Destiny was not changed from the first image.

I did a little reworking of Zombie Pyro, Zombie Avalanche and Zombie Blob.

Brotherhood%20Zombies_zpsarmeiksc.jpg

I did some cutting of the harness on Pyro, I added some bloody spots to Blob and I cut Avalanche's shoulder harness and gave him a zombie arm for some more variation. Destiny was not changed from the first image.

Okay now I want to see a series of photos from you, of this set progressively getting more and more zombified.

Not sure I will be working on them any more. However, if I do, I will share the pics.

Edited by Captain Paco

I've literally had sleepless nights over obtaining this wave .

The first thing I've noticed is that the set I have came from custom 'carton #12 of 45 ' .........just recently it has been stated that case numbers are not indicative of production numbers (AOU blind cases might confirm this) but I'd be really interested in whether other 'case numbers' are out there in the wild. There must be more than 45 ? unsure.png

Regards 'paint', tampo misalignment & other horrors ? I must be lucky because I have nothing special to report ....if I was critical whistling.gif I'd have to say that the Yellow of the chests put the Yellow of the arms to shame but TBH I don't think it's a killer.

All in all a beautiful bunch of Minimates .

Edited by buttheadsmate

The first thing I've noticed is that there were 45 custom cases produced .........just recently it has been stated that case numbers are not indicative of production numbers (AOU blind cases might confirm this) but I'd be really interested in whether other 'case numbers' are out there in the wild. 45 ? unsure.png

That is definitely not accurate. Pretty sure Luke alone received more than that, even with the error.

The first thing I've noticed is that there were 45 custom cases produced .........just recently it has been stated that case numbers are not indicative of production numbers (AOU blind cases might confirm this) but I'd be really interested in whether other 'case numbers' are out there in the wild. 45 ? unsure.png

That is definitely not accurate. Pretty sure Luke alone received more than that, even with the error.

I've literally had sleepless nights over obtaining this wave .

The first thing I've noticed is that the set I have came from custom 'carton #12 of 45 ' .........just recently it has been stated that case numbers are not indicative of production numbers (AOU blind cases might confirm this) but I'd be really interested in whether other 'case numbers' are out there in the wild. There must be more than 45 ? unsure.png

Regards 'paint', tampo misalignment & other horrors ? I must be lucky because I have nothing special to report ....if I was critical whistling.gif I'd have to say that the Yellow of the chests put the Yellow of the arms to shame but TBH I don't think it's a killer.

All in all a beautiful bunch of Minimates .

I have edited my post .

Mine was 5 of 91. I normally buy just a full wave, but with this I had to get a full case, so I'm really not surprised that these are more difficult to find. Regardless of how anyone feels about the characters, there's no denying that this is a superbly planned, designed, and executed wave. The fact that everyone except Pyro cones with an alternate look is just fantastic. The only issue I have with any thing is that the X belt is off with that bit of yellow at the bottom of it, but that's a minor gripe for an otherwise excellent wave.

Just got the last set to finish wave 60. I do not know who to put Storm as, Pyslock or Storm.....Hmmmmmmmmm

post-9944-0-51099300-1432763626_thumb.jp

Hey Captain Paco, what I was thinking is you could cut a corner of Blob's boot as well as foot, glue the foot corner on the boot. Thus making the effect the boot is ripped.

Just got the last set to finish wave 60. I do not know who to put Storm as, Pyslock or Storm.....Hmmmmmmmmm

FullSizeRender.jpg

Hey Captain Paco, what I was thinking is you could cut a corner of Blob's boot as well as foot, glue the foot corner on the boot. Thus making the effect the boot is ripped.

I never thought of that; maybe I might try it.