UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 60

Nessex

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful work Luke!

I was going to wait on these, but it's Free Comic Book Day, which means big sale, so... yeah, all but Jubilee/Destiny. Which I don't particularly want anyway. Thoughts:

-20 years later, all these belts and pouches still look dumb. rolleyes.gif

-Pyro is ridiculously great. My one quibble is his smiling head, and I can't get the !@#$ mask off to switch it out. wallbash.gif

-Love Banshee's head, hair, and cape, but the sonic scream part is outstanding. I'll have to get an extra for my Black Canary custom.

-Forge is nice, but didn't he wear brown fringed boots with this outfit? I might pop on the ones from this figure:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=2043&n=Elyana

-Blob is nice, though the painted on bands are a little weak.

-I wasn't planning to get the Storm/Psylocke/Avalanche set, but I figured I might as well take advantage of the price. Didn't really like Avalanche's chest block, so I was thrilled they included parts for an alt look for him.

-Storm/Psylocke is pretty meh. I was hoping Psylocke would at least have that great hairpiece X-Force Psylocke has, but no dice. If anyone wants to trade for her (hers?) let me know.

Still, considering this wave is the X-Men in fugly 90s costumes, it's a winner.thumbsup.gif

These look awesome. I'm so excited for this sticker set.

Forge not getting his head-band kinda bummed me out (although, i know what they did it - he wasn't wearing it on the cover of #275). So - i'm stoked to see it included here.

Couple of questions, Luke - what colour are Psylocke's eyes? They look kind of greenish on the preview, but i'm wondering if that might just be my monitor.

They're usually Blue or Violet/Purple depending on what incarnation of Betsy is being drawn. Japanese Betsy usually has purple eyes (although when i did find pictures of her with Green eyes when she was drawn by Joe Mad).

Also - will the set come with leg & arm stickers for FA Banshee? Or will you colour match the sticker to an existing minimate that we can pinch arms/legs from?

I was using the Joe Mad reference art. I can change them to purple.

There will be 2 versions of green Banshee and Siren - one set matched to BO3 Iron Fist and one set matched to Deadly Foes Doc Ock. So depending on your preference for the exact shade of green, and the availability of parts, you will be able to choose either base figure.

Custom cases sold out at Luke's, (before I got mine ?) this has to be one of the most looked foward to/ popular waves of all time.

There will be 2 versions of green Banshee and Siren - one set matched to BO3 Iron Fist and one set matched to Deadly Foes Doc Ock. So depending on your preference for the exact shade of green, and the availability of parts, you will be able to choose either base figure.

Oh wow - that's an awesome idea. Brilliant!