UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 60

Nessex

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the time when Avengers Mansion got blown up and all of the Avengers had to go crash at Xavier's, and they were like, "dang, our uniforms are all jacked," and Xavier was like "no problem, you can use these X-men training uniforms!" and all the Avengers wore these outfits, too?

Is Jubilee's visor going to be translucent?

Also, I'm not sure which issue it was but I remember Cable wearing blue and yellow in Marvel vs Capcom 2. His first minimate was that costume but unfortunately he didn't have anything on his back. Hopefully we'll get an updated version with a sculpted harness.

Edited by Dio

Is it just me or does this series have the potential to be the most successful assortment ever? I don't recall so many people looking for excuses to buy multiple CASES of any previous wave. I'm actually considering it myself now. This might blow out faster than the Fantastic Four Series 48.

The most recent tease for what is most likely leading to Marvel's upcoming Secret Wars storyline:

http://www.newsarama.com/22444-next-marvel-2015-teaser-x-men-years-of-future-past.html

Which makes wave 60 that much more sweet and fortuitous (or perhaps purposefully planned?)

And on a personal aide note, there's just something about seeing Art Adams drawing that era of X-Men...

Wow, clever marketing push if that WAS intentional. it even makes me wonder, if this IS something in the works for a little while, whether or not DST had specifically been asked to hold off on making the Brotherhood

and personally, seeing Art Adams draw ANY X-Men is okay with me

every time I see his work it shames me that I never think to list him as one of my favorite artists when asked

Oh yes, that Art Adams stuff is fantastic! Those old X-Men annuals were definitely some of my favorites as a kid. Hopefully he's not just doing promotional stuff and covers. If not, these may be the first comics I buy new in years.

Edited by karamazov80

My most wanted decals for this set/to tie in with it:

Banshee green/yellow costume chest block

I'm curious what you are planning to do for the rest of the figure? Aside from the head and "wings" there's not much similarity in the two looks.

Remember the time when Avengers Mansion got blown up and all of the Avengers had to go crash at Xavier's, and they were like, "dang, our uniforms are all jacked," and Xavier was like "no problem, you can use these X-men training uniforms!" and all the Avengers wore these outfits, too?

No! Does anyone have any pics of this?

No! Does anyone have any pics of this?

I think it was in Sarcasm Comics Annual #1. Or was it Giant-Sized Sarcasm Comics? laugh.png

Good idea, I'm sure a lot of people have extra Doc Ocks now. The chest is green underneath too, would just need a decal.

Doc Ock body with chest decal

Banshee head, hair, cape

Morbius collar painted yellow

That collar is the plan, and yeah some Doc Ock bits ought to be PERFECT

Honestly, I hadn't gotten that far. I just figured if we had the head and wings, the rest would be cake

The most recent tease for what is most likely leading to Marvel's upcoming Secret Wars storyline:

http://www.newsarama.com/22444-next-marvel-2015-teaser-x-men-years-of-future-past.html

Which makes wave 60 that much more sweet and fortuitous (or perhaps purposefully planned?)

And on a personal aide note, there's just something about seeing Art Adams drawing that era of X-Men...

Earlier this morning I was thinking to myself how "House of M" & "Avengers Disassembled" are next.

So the pairings are:

• Wolverine (with Forge parts) vs. Blob
  • Storm (with Psylocke parts) vs. Avalanche
  • Banshee (with Gambit parts) vs. Pyro
  • Jubilee (with alternate head) vs. Destiny

Anyone else Jubilee was paired with Pyro instead? He doesn't seem to have an alternate look.