UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 60

Nessex

Hey Luke, how about a decal that can be applied to Blob's chest that looks like the Sandman one from your set? It could have some ripples out to look like a hand got stuck.

These look good! I assume this will follow the movie 4-4-2-2 ratio for the standard case, Zach? If so, please tell me both 4's will be the X-men and the 2's will be the Brotherhood. And if that is the case, Luke would/could you sell regular cases instead of the custom ones so we can get 4 of each X-men body?

Thanks!

I think they're going to be vs packs with one X-Man and one Brotherhood member.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This set will not be out before the new year. We won't have orders in until November 20 or so. I highly doubt we're going to try to rush them out.

I also doubt we're going to be adding any more accessories to any of these sets, sorry.

And nobody said we weren't going to be making any more X-Men Minimates, just that they will not be a focus next year. The Avengers are obviously going to get some love, in movie form and otherwise.

You mean... my hopes haven't been dashed into pieces?

Well, that's good for all those who wanted these. I can't say I'm super enthused by them. I kinda think these looks are a bit boring, and I'm sort of bummed that we got this look for Banshee before a proper classic one. Between that and 54's Modern Falcon, I have to say I'm feeling rather bittersweet about getting long demanded characters in looks I'm not fond of. At the very least, the Brotherhood look pretty cool, so that's good.

Nice. Only problem is that we need more leg belts per figure. And unnecessary leather jackets/coats. And lots of pockets on their belts.

How are you gonna decal something to a curved surface?

with an adhesive of some kind?

Nice. Only problem is that we need more leg belts per figure. And unnecessary leather jackets/coats. And lots of pockets on their belts.

How are you gonna decal something to a curved surface?

with an adhesive of some kind?

Got it. How are you going to apply the sticker to something that's not flat without wrinkling it?

I’m probably going to end up buying two complete sets of wave 60 because besides the blue and yellow

X-men figures most of the other figures have different appearance also. Destiny can be unmasked, Blob can be bare foot, Avalanche has his classic look but is there any other look for Pyro. Like a quick custom using his pieces.

For other quick customs recipes mentioned for the basic Costume Body and then Michonne’s head and Dreadlock Zombie‘s hair. For Forge’s headband look I was going to use Ryu ’s hair.

What would be a good head and hairpiece for Legion?

I was thinking maybe Kazuya’s hair.

Edited by Scorpion

speaking of missions had with the dreadlock hair, does anybody here have a Michonne and a dreadlock zombie that they could take a picture of the combination?

speaking of michonne's head with the dreadlock hair, does anybody here have a Michonne and a dreadlock zombie that they could take a picture of the combination?

Here you go. I have put the hair on my Frenzy custom but you get the idea. I usually use the hair for my Tag custom but I can't remember if I painted the ears or not. I think this is the Hooded Michonne head.

post-1790-0-04586900-1413113483_thumb.jp

post-1790-0-71420200-1413113508_thumb.jp

I'd like to request an animated Morph face decal too, if possible.

Edit: Yeah, I painted the ears to match the Sunspot head I use for Tag.

Edited by Psyguy

Can anyone reccomend a graphic novel with the x-men in these outfits please?

These costumes first appeared in Uncanny vol 1 258 designed by Jim Lee (in the comics Forge made them)

66dca057-a8a3-4e30-8a26-ba241db7e448_zps

They became par the course for years and in Uncanny 275 after the X-Tintion Agenda they became the unifying identity for the fragmented team. Logan, Betsy, and Jubes had just arrived from fighting Mandarian. Banshee, Forge, Jean Grey, Beast, Gambit & Storm had just reconnected before the crossover. The team had just put them on when Lila Chenney appeared to take them into space to fight the Imperial Guard and the fake Skrull Professor X. The team wore these throughout the space mission and through the Muir Island Saga which lead to the relaunch with the Blue & Gold team. The X-Forcers were thrown in them when they were in "jail" for a bit. Jubes wore it before the Generation X storyline. New training mutants like Cecilia & Joseph also wore them until they "earned" their custom uniform.

Oooh, good call!

I'm in for a case of these now. Any good ideas for a head/hair combo for Cecelia Reyes?

Maybe TWD Michonne head and Dreadlock zombie hair?
Deadlock zombie is a perfect hair piece. And Michonnes are populous enough to be able to get one for cheap I'd think

A few questions:

Which Michonne head would be best, facial expression wise?

Anyone willing to paint my Dreadlock Zombie ears for me, if I send them the head?

Oooh, good call!

I'm in for a case of these now. Any good ideas for a head/hair combo for Cecelia Reyes?

Maybe TWD Michonne head and Dreadlock zombie hair?
Deadlock zombie is a perfect hair piece. And Michonnes are populous enough to be able to get one for cheap I'd think

A few questions:

Which Michonne head would be best, facial expression wise?

Anyone willing to paint my Dreadlock Zombie ears for me, if I send them the head?

My only issue with the Michonne hair is that headband. That white headband can be an issue. I have been using that hair piece on Photon/Spectrum/Captain Monica for a while.

I'm thinking the wave 6 machine hair piece for it. No head band and no painting required

Zach - this wave is shaping to be awesome. I love the alternate looks idea.

Is there any chance that you guys would consider a more domed/bee-hive head-piece for Destiny? Or is it too late for changes to the line?

01+DESTINO.jpg

I'm wondering how a Morbius collar painted yellow would look on Banshee. He was sometimes drawn with one, right?

Yeah, I remember him having a huge collar.

Does anyone have a green/yellow body that would work for a classic banshee custom? Loki? Rogue (we'll have to get rid of those boob lines though)?

Nessex, I think were pretty much locked, sorry.

That's cool - it's a small nit-pick in an otherwise exceptionally exciting wave. I suspect i'll end up with Multiple Destinys (Destinies?) and be able to tweak one.

with some epoxy and grinding bride of frankensteins hair piece would suffice for destiny's head piece

Ooooh - that's not a bad idea. Thanks Dave smile.png

On page 32 Joeycrypts "I'm thinking the wave 6 machine hair piece for it. No head band and no painting required."

What is the wave 6 machine hair piece? Do you know if Minimate Database has a picture?

Does anyone know of a complete list of people who wore the Blue and Yellow Uniform? (Not the Black and Yellow Uniform)

Prowlar posted a great list on page 31.

But it does not show any pictures and it was missing Charlotte Jones. (A very minor character)

Who is the black hair girl next to Moira MacTaggert. (Sorry for the long post and I couldn’t figure out how to quote a post.)

66dca057-a8a3-4e30-8a26-ba241db7e448_zps

Edited by Scorpion