UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 60

Nessex

i'm pretty sure i'm the only person who buys minimates from my comic shop. and they often get in box sets like the last zombies and alpha flight waaaaaaaay after i've caved and bought them elsewhere. they still have all but one of the Songbird sets (i bought the one). so i'll definitely need to pick up my sets there cuz i'm worried they'll quit ordering them... but because i'll probably need doubles of the x-men suits, and based on the decals, maybe i'll pick my second set up from Luke, too.

Edited by CortherX

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very excited for this wave, the Brotherhood alone are enough for me, and while I don't prefer these costumes for the X-Men as a whole, I must admit something that will likely be an unpopular opinion.....I like this costume for Banshee more than his classic costume. It's probably nostalgia for when I was younger and bought his 90s figure knowing nothing about the character, but just thinking he looks cool. and kudos to DST, the interchangeable heads to create multiple characters is very smart.

I finally got Winter Soldier, and now Pyro...it truly is all good. In the hood.

So, I'm already looking at possibly picking up two cases. Which will be a first since, ordinarily, I only pick up two complete sets.

Current list of known characters to use the Blue and Gold suit:

Wolverine

Banshee

Forge

Gambit

Storm

Jubilee

Psylocke

Legion

Joseph

Animated Morph

Legion

Warpath

Shatterstar

Rictor

Sunspot

Cecilia Reyes

Jean Grey

Polaris

Moira

Amanda Sefton

90's Kitty Pryde

Siryn

Boom Boom

Feral

Guido (more work than I'm willing to do but still on the list)

So are there any more that I'm missing?

As for possible decals ideas; Boom Boom with her mouth wired shut from X-Cutioners song which would also go with the current Boomer release and maybe Animated Morph good, bad, and Senator Kelly Transformation (like DoFP Mystique)?

This is the kind of series Star Trek Legacy needs, and with so many characters in common uniforms, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Absolutely.

I'm in for a case of these now. Any good ideas for a head/hair combo for Cecelia Reyes?

Maybe TWD Michonne head and Dreadlock zombie hair?
Great call! Better still as I've already got the parts. Zombie's eats will need to be painted, but I can manage that. And I've got a TR Lara Croft head ready for Kitty.

Oooh, good call!

I'm in for a case of these now. Any good ideas for a head/hair combo for Cecelia Reyes?

Deadlock zombie is a perfect hair piece. And Michonnes are populous enough to be able to get one for cheap I'd think

A few questions:

Which Michonne head would be best, facial expression wise?

Anyone willing to paint my Dreadlock Zombie ears for me, if I send them the head?

Can anyone reccomend a graphic novel with the x-men in these outfits please?

These costumes first appeared in Uncanny vol 1 258 designed by Jim Lee (in the comics Forge made them)

66dca057-a8a3-4e30-8a26-ba241db7e448_zps

They became par the course for years and in Uncanny 275 after the X-Tintion Agenda they became the unifying identity for the fragmented team. Logan, Betsy, and Jubes had just arrived from fighting Mandarian. Banshee, Forge, Jean Grey, Beast, Gambit & Storm had just reconnected before the crossover. The team had just put them on when Lila Chenney appeared to take them into space to fight the Imperial Guard and the fake Skrull Professor X. The team wore these throughout the space mission and through the Muir Island Saga which lead to the relaunch with the Blue & Gold team. The X-Forcers were thrown in them when they were in "jail" for a bit. Jubes wore it before the Generation X storyline. New training mutants like Cecilia & Joseph also wore them until they "earned" their custom uniform.

Oooh, good call!

Deadlock zombie is a perfect hair piece. And Michonnes are populous enough to be able to get one for cheap I'd think

A few questions:

Anyone willing to paint my Dreadlock Zombie ears for me, if I send them the head?

Oooh, good call!

A few questions:

My only issue with the Michonne hair is that headband. That white headband can be an issue. I have been using that hair piece on Photon/Spectrum/Captain Monica for a while.

Wow. I haven't been really in the Minimates crowd for a while as I got burnt out on all the movie based waves, but to finally see Brotherhood Minimates as well as Banshee and Forge in the outfits I wanted to complete my 90s X-Men teams... My Minimates appreciation has come back in full force.

The only thing that would make this all even better would be a 90s X-Factor reveal. ...And Power Pack.

Edited by MST3KFan

Wow. I haven't been really in the Minimates crowd for a while as I got burnt out on all the movie based waves, but to finally see Brotherhood Minimates as well as Banshee and Forge in the outfits I wanted to complete my 90s X-Men teams... My Minimates appreciation has come back in full force.

The only thing that would make this all even better would be a 90s X-Factor reveal. ...And Power Pack.

Stop toying with my emotions. Power Pack mates would be the best thing ever.

Stop toying with my emotions. Power Pack mates would be the best thing ever.

Wow, what a great wave! Even as someone who's not particularly an xmen fan it's great to get the brotherhood, especially blob, and they all look great to me!

Not a massive fan of that particular xmen costume but I love the concept of all the extra swappable heads - that really is something I would love to see more often where possible - it makes great business sense in order to sell multiple packs and gives the fans a great chance to build teams!

Oh, and the banshee face looks pretty awesome!

This set will not be out before the new year. We won't have orders in until November 20 or so. I highly doubt we're going to try to rush them out.

I also doubt we're going to be adding any more accessories to any of these sets, sorry.

And nobody said we weren't going to be making any more X-Men Minimates, just that they will not be a focus next year. The Avengers are obviously going to get some love, in movie form and otherwise.

Hey Luke, how about a decal that can be applied to Blob's chest that looks like the Sandman one from your set? It could have some ripples out to look like a hand got stuck.

These look good! I assume this will follow the movie 4-4-2-2 ratio for the standard case, Zach? If so, please tell me both 4's will be the X-men and the 2's will be the Brotherhood. And if that is the case, Luke would/could you sell regular cases instead of the custom ones so we can get 4 of each X-men body?

Thanks!