UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 60

Nessex

Seriously, amazing wave. I'm STRONGLY considering buying a second set and selling off a set of Brotherhood. If anyone here wants just the four villains, we should talk. Oddly enough, Forge and Banshee are the only ones I'll be using as is. The Jubilee head will go to box set Jubes with this body becoming 90s Kitty Pryde. Storm will be QC'd to Cecilia Reyes. Spare Wolverine will become Joseph, and my three remaining figures? Time will tell...

Also, totally thinking of gluing Havok's energy blase from a few waves back to Banshee's face.

You mad genius, you!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, amazing wave. I'm STRONGLY considering buying a second set and selling off a set of Brotherhood. If anyone here wants just the four villains, we should talk. Oddly enough, Forge and Banshee are the only ones I'll be using as is. The Jubilee head will go to box set Jubes with this body becoming 90s Kitty Pryde. Storm will be QC'd to Cecilia Reyes. Spare Wolverine will become Joseph, and my three remaining figures? Time will tell...

Also, totally thinking of gluing Havok's energy blase from a few waves back to Banshee's face.

You mad genius, you!

Aaaaand - now i need to buy *another* set of each. My wallet thanks you, Mnemosis :P

i'm going to need extras, too! i remembered Cecilia, but forgot about Joseph. who else has worn it? Anyone?

Muir Island saga featured a few more mutants in this design (although - they looked a but more like Black & Yellow)

1850093-muir.jpg

So, Strong Guy (who won't be easy to QC cause he's so big), but Polaris, Moira & Amanda Sefton (at least, i think that's her on the cover) would all be pretty easy customs to do. Legion might be a bit harder with that hair.

i'm going to need extras, too! i remembered Cecilia, but forgot about Joseph. who else has worn it? Anyone?

I am going to buy the hell out of this set. Yes, I am annoyed that my First Class X-Men set is about to get replaced but I am so freaking excited for this set. I already need 4 set of them.

Well, those Brotherhood 'mates sure are... something. But as tired as I am of X-Men I do have to admit the hero side of the wave looks pretty cool. The X-Men were wearing those costumes in some of the first comics I read so I'll definitely be picking up enough to complete the team.

No, there is no TRU wave. TRU 19 will come out a bit before this, I believe, and there is no overlap or connection.

No, Gambit does not come with a trenchcoat.

Yes, Pyro's flames will be translucent.

They will be solicited to retailers in a couple of weeks, Luke should have all the details then.

Well that's an awesome wave! I love the new Jubilee heads. Those are definitely better than the original version. I'm pumped that we're getting Forge, Blob, Avalanche, and Pyro.

My only complaints are:

1. Pyro's head looks strange. Can we get a reuse out of the Invincible hairpiece? That might look better.

2. I think Blob needs boots that aren't quite so high. It makes him look like he's wearing pants instead of a singlet. Might I suggest the new Drax boots from the Toys R US Guardians Of the Galaxy wave?

Edited by MisterMiracle

Like Mistermiracle said, what about Pyro’s mask, do you think it might look different when Wave 60 is released.

Like maybe moving the eyes further apart.

Either way this is a great wave, been reading a lot of old X-men comics. I just finished reading the Essential X-Men Volume 1-11. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_Marvel_Comics

Edited by Scorpion

Okay, it's official, I NEED a case. I don't care if the rest of the X-Men never wore those outfits, I'm QC-ing the whole bunch. I always was a fan of uniformed looks so this is right up my alley. But winter 2014? So you're telling me that I have to buy: an Alien case,the Tarantino mates, the Godzilla 4-pack, tru 19, 60, 59, GFT, Infinity, X-Force, the pathfinder wave and 4-pack and find the Mass Effect and TMNT minimates all before the year ends? thud.gif

Edited by Kostisfire

Wow. This is awesome news to wake up to. The fact that we are getting such often-requested villains along with the interchangability of the uniforms makes this a dream wave for me. Throw in the fact that I'm predominantly an X-fan and I'm feeling pretty spoilt right now. Time to retire some of my really early customs. I will probably stick a little sculpt on the top of Destiny's head. I think I'll have plenty of spares because I'm a little scared at the thought of how many of these I may actually buy. Hope this wave is a massive success. Thanks DST!

ya this is a fantastic looking wave and a great send off for everyones favorite Muties until we can get more.

Can I ask Zach, is there a particular team/part of the MU that will be mostly explored next year? or is the verdict still out?

I will be buying multiples of every set, that Avalanche is a dream come true especially with both looks AND that bad ass reuse of the broken concrete used as street chunks! (genius). Pyro looks a little goofy but i think thats the product of Pyro being a goofy looking character to begin with, though the fire pieces are bad ass.

seriously guys, thanks, DST has come through for its fans time and time again and while lately a LOT of fans have been questioning the companies loyalty to its fans, im glad that hasnt discouraged you guys from pulling out all the stops for us.