UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 60

Nessex

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think we are on to something with the blue and gold suited X-men and the Brotherhood. If so, I'm going to be over the moon! If Banshee is only in the 90s suit with no green suit parts, I'll be slightly sad…but that doesn't mean we couldn't get a classic one later on (with Sunfire)! This time around, I'm really thinking:

4 new villains = Pyro, Blob, Avalanche, Destiny, 1 redo = Wolverine, 2 new heroes = Forge and Banshee, 4 females = Destiny, Storm in blue and gold suit with Jubilee and Psylocke heads, and since they said 2 teams would be completed, parts for Gambit must be in the mix with Wolverine, Banshee or Forge. Totally epic wave if it comes to pass! Right on par with the FF wave and the Outback X-men wave, which have been my favorites thus far!

I still really want that X-factor wave at some point, but that really may make a better exclusive box set or two (ala Alpha Flight). Hopefully the slow sales of the Alpha Flight sets on the after-market haven't soured the chances of someone picking up an exclusive like this.

I really think we are on to something with the blue and gold suited X-men and the Brotherhood. If so, I'm going to be over the moon! If Banshee is only in the 90s suit with no green suit parts, I'll be slightly sad…but that doesn't mean we couldn't get a classic one later on (with Sunfire)! This time around, I'm really thinking:

4 new villains = Pyro, Blob, Avalanche, Destiny, 1 redo = Wolverine, 2 new heroes = Forge and Banshee, 4 females = Destiny, Storm in blue and gold suit with Jubilee and Psylocke heads, and since they said 2 teams would be completed, parts for Gambit must be in the mix with Wolverine, Banshee or Forge. Totally epic wave if it comes to pass! Right on par with the FF wave and the Outback X-men wave, which have been my favorites thus far!

I still really want that X-factor wave at some point, but that really may make a better exclusive box set or two (ala Alpha Flight). Hopefully the slow sales of the Alpha Flight sets on the after-market haven't soured the chances of someone picking up an exclusive like this.

Well maybe if we can get the Foes to sell out at Luke's then maybe we can do a kickstarter for the X-Factor minimates.

UXM+275.jpg

I'm not going to lie. I look at those costumes and I think "Dull, Dull, Dull".

Is it neat to have one or two characters with that look? Yeah totally! How else am I gonna get a Forge?

Is it worth having a whole wave of a singular look? Totally not!

The Brotherhood I can get behind (even if I doubt it'll be them), but these yellow training costumes I cannot. Don't take this the wrong way, but I hope all of you hoping for these looks are disappointed. If only because I'm jonesing for a wave I can get excited about again.

If one pack was made as Forge & Storm with alternate parts (Spare, non-metal leg & hand for Forge), you could really make the whole cast without taking up any more than 2 slots in the wave. It'd just be a case of head-swaps and QC's to get everyone else. I'd be ok with this :)

Also - if it IS going to be based on UXM 275 - Could the other 'team' be the Shi'ar? They've been protagonists. You could even argue they were 'villains' at some stage. The royal family is a team of sorts? D'Ken, Lilandra, Deathbird & maybe Gladiator..... It's a bit of a stretch, isn't it?

534010fc75d959b5b1587cfc6ae2e5fd57f288cc

I'm not going to lie. I look at those costumes and I think "Dull, Dull, Dull".

I agree and am glad I'm not alone. I love uniformed looks for teams. Usually.

But with superheroes, I love the unique looks.

If we got those figures, I would buy them, as I love Minimates.

But I would probably never display them.

Could the other 'team' be the Shi'ar? They've been protagonists. You could even argue they were 'villains' at some stage. The royal family is a team of sorts? D'Ken, Lilandra, Deathbird & maybe Gladiator..... It's a bit of a stretch, isn't it?

(Also, would it be too greedy to hope for enough alternate parts to get both her armor and her swimsuit?)

Lilandra_Neramani_(Earth-616).pngbolton-john-classic-x-men-14-cover-lilan

If I could only have one, I'd pick armor definitely. But it'd be cool to be able to get both in one shot.

I thought of that at one point...

And Valo, I'm with you. I'd get some Shi'ar because of how prolific they've been over the years, but... ech.

As for the training uniforms? Do I want to display blue and yellow Wolverine, Jubilee, Storm, and Gambit? No. But do I want to make QCs of Joseph, Cecilia Reyes, and Kitty Pryde to stand alongside Forge and Banshee? Hell yeah!

Ultimate X-Men

Ultimate Wolverine (dead/carryover character from TRU 19)

Ultimate Angel (dead)

Ultimate Psylocke w/ Ultimate Rogue parts

Ultimate Kitty Pryde

Ultimate Toad (dead)

Ultimate Blob

Ultimate Magneto (dead)

Ultimate Mystique

Fits the "unguessable" angle, 4 dead characters, carryover character from TRU19, 4 females (with swappable parts) and part has been guessed (Brotherhood of Evil Mutants).

BAM!

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

Or my original joke guess, Ultimatum

Ultimate Iron Man (carryover from TRU19, new look for Ultimates 3/Ultimatum)

Ultimate Quicksilver swap parts with Ultimate Hawkeye

Ultimate Scarlett Witch (dead)

Ultimate Wasp (dead) swap parts with Ultimate Black Widow

And the Ultimate Brotherhood I previously posted.

It has to be the Ultimate Brotherhood because Zach has mentioned they won't do another 2-pack mixing Ultimate and 616 characters after the Ultimate Spidey "outrage".