• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant seem to copy the quote correctly but anyways

this:

DSTZach, on 22 Sept 2014 - 12:37, said:snapback.png

youbastards, on 22 Sept 2014 - 12:30, said:snapback.png

Cool, thanks for clarifying.

So...is it X-Men themed? smile.png

Maybe, maybe not. It certainly has no characters in common with Series 59, that's for sure.

And
if it IS mutant-based, I would not look a gift horse in the mouth. Next
year will be an Avengers-heavy year. I mean, obviously, but also in
ways you are not privy to just yet.

This makes me think X-Universe but not X-Men. X-Force, X-Factor, Excalibur or Generation X. I always liked Pollina's X-Force the best but I undrstand that I'm in the minority.

He would fit perfectly in a box set with Nighthawk, Hellcat, and the Human Fly ("The Wildest Super-Hero Ever — Because He's Real!"). . .if DST cares about making profit, then they'll make this happen.

As much as I want Nighthawk and Hellcat... I think the Human Fly would be the star of that set for me. 19 issues of fun right there.

I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to be speculating about anymore on this thread but I'm down for Mystique's Brotherhood and I would flip if the two Zach mentioned were classic Sunfire and Banshee. That would be one heck of a wave... best one for me since the Strucker wave if it happens.

There are four female characters in this assortment.

Snl-so-freakin-excited.gif

Jim Lee Style Wolverine with alternate parts for Gambit, Forge

Jim Lee Style Psylocke with alternate parts for Storm, Jubilee

Classic Banshee (swap parts with Jim Lee Wolverine for that version)

Classic Sunfire

Blob

Pyro

Avalanche

Destiny

That would be amazing, lots of characters via part swaps! Behold, the power of Minimates©!

Don't even..... just.... i can't take the speculation. I have to keep telling myself that this cannot be it, in order for me to not get my hopes up.

A post from Zach is like watching an episode of Lost. You get the answer to one question, and two new ones to obsess over.

Quoted for Truth!

The speculation game wears me out. But I'll just say... how 'bout the X-Men vs the Imperial Guard? Maybe a Death of Phoenix wave, with Cyclops, Marvel Girl (Jean's wearing her green skirt costume in that issue), Wolverine and... I dunno, Angel? Vs. Gladiator and three other Guardsmen?

Wolverine in the Fang costume perhaps? I could get behind this.

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2972777

It could be all three ladies from this pic in one pack (heads) - Storm, Jubilee, Psylocke.

Guys could be Wolverine & Gambit in one pack, then Forge, then Banshee.

Banshee & Forge = new characters. Wolv = non-59, 19 crossover. Women = new looks. Then Destiny/Blob/Pyro/Avalanche. 4 women, 7 guys.

...they could get extra sneaky and make Banshee classic green & yellow, so you'd need the other pack to make his Blue & Yellow look.

Yeah, I think this is it.

Classic Sunfire

Blob

Pyro

Avalanche

Destiny

That would be amazing, lots of characters via part swaps! Behold, the power of Minimates©!

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2972777

It could be all three ladies from this pic in one pack (heads) - Storm, Jubilee, Psylocke.

Guys could be Wolverine & Gambit in one pack, then Forge, then Banshee.

Banshee & Forge = new characters. Wolv = non-59, 19 crossover. Women = new looks. Then Destiny/Blob/Pyro/Avalanche. 4 women, 7 guys.

...they could get extra sneaky and make Banshee classic green & yellow, so you'd need the other pack to make his Blue & Yellow look.

Yeah, I think this is it.

Classic Sunfire

Blob

Pyro

Avalanche

Destiny

I'd be very ok with that line-up as the reveal for this wave!

Whatever the line-up ends up being, I haven't looked forward to a wave this much for what seems like a long time. I don't collect any movie mates so this year has been pretty lean for me. I'm with Nessex, very excited that there are 4 females, especially as TRU 19 doesn't have any. If youbastards is right then it would be a dream set for me. Must be patient!!!

Whatever the line-up ends up being, I haven't looked forward to a wave this much for what seems like a long time. I don't collect any movie mates so this year has been pretty lean for me. I'm with Nessex, very excited that there are 4 females, especially as TRU 19 doesn't have any. If youbastards is right then it would be a dream set for me. Must be patient!!!

I strongly doubt that youbastards is correct. Zach said four females but youbastards has 6 male figures plus Destiny and a single figure with alternating heads for Storm, Jubilee and Psylocke. I have no faith that this is what Zach meant.

Edited by pappymojo

Wouldn't the cuckoo's work within the "not technically an army builder" thinking? I don't know much about them.

That was my thinking as well. I haven't read much of them but my impression is that they are like twins but with extremely enhanced telepathic connections between them all. They have individual names and personalities but are really close to each other.

They could also technically fall into the "dead" category as a few of them have been killed. Weren't there like 7 or 9 of them to start and then they got whittled down to the 4 or 5 there are now? Like I said, haven't read much of them but I do recall at least 1 or 2 are dead.

Wouldn't the cuckoo's work within the "not technically an army builder" thinking? I don't know much about them.

It's possible that Zach was saying that there wasn't a dedicated army builder slot, referring to the common release pattern where two of the eight slots are dedicated to a single duplicate figure of a generic soldier, such as the SHIELD and Hydra agents. The Cuckoo's and Multiple Man are not generic figures. They are actual characters with names. Also, they wouldn't be getting two slots. So, it could be one slot dedicated to Multiple Man as a character, for example. This would play into Zach's other comment that people may still want to buy multiple sets of particular packs.

Edited by pappymojo

Yeah I realized upon reflection that they'd already done that Wolverine...

...plus that wouldn't really meet the "unguessable" criteria. That's the one that really throws me. Cuckoos meet the criteria that would make the "female count" with our BoEM (Destiny) assumption work. But I don't know what team they'd logically fit into. "4 women" does pretty much obviate the Wrecking Crew as the villains though, unless one of the heroes is a Cuckoo, which makes no sense vs. TWC. All 4x heroes can't be women b/c of the link to W19.

Assuming BoEM is correct, that leaves 3x females plus (presumably) Wolverine on the hero side, which seems highly unlikely. If I'm doing a wish-wave though, could be BoEM vs. Wolv, Rogue FA, Storm FA (re-do), Kitty FA (or Ariel or Sprite). But then none of those are new characters... (and it would make too much sense thematically and therefore be guessable)

wallbash.gif

Wolv... Cuckoos... Multiple Man... Banshee. There. Done. Unguessable. But not a team... Hrm.