UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 60

Nessex

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-2972777

It could be all three ladies from this pic in one pack (heads) - Storm, Jubilee, Psylocke.

Guys could be Wolverine & Gambit in one pack, then Forge, then Banshee.

Banshee & Forge = new characters. Wolv = non-59, 19 crossover. Women = new looks. Then Destiny/Blob/Pyro/Avalanche. 4 women, 7 guys.

...they could get extra sneaky and make Banshee classic green & yellow, so you'd need the other pack to make his Blue & Yellow look.

It could be all three ladies from this pic in one pack (heads) - Storm, Jubilee, Psylocke.

Banshee & Forge = new characters. Wolv = non-59, 19 crossover. Women = new looks. Then Destiny/Blob/Pyro/Avalanche. 4 women, 7 guys.

...they could get extra sneaky and make Banshee classic green & yellow, so you'd need the other pack to make his Blue & Yellow look.

Yeah, I think this is it.

Jim Lee Style Wolverine with alternate parts for Gambit, Forge

Jim Lee Style Psylocke with alternate parts for Storm, Jubilee

Classic Banshee (swap parts with Jim Lee Wolverine for that version)

Classic Sunfire

Blob

Pyro

Avalanche

Destiny

That would be amazing, lots of characters via part swaps! Behold, the power of Minimates©!

Edited by youbastards

Just to recap, here are all of Zach's comments from this thread.

60 is themed, though. Three new semi-classic hero looks (plus one re-do), four new classic villains.

No army-builder. Eight characters.

Trying something different with this assortment, I think you guys'll like it. You'll probably want us to do it more often.

Not Age of Ultron or Under Siege.

We are doing Vs., but the new thing we're trying is not that. I think we've done several all heroes vs. all-villains waves before, although maybe not a themed one. 47 was FF themed, heroes vs. villains, I'm sure there were others.

Forgot that two of the heroes have never been made before, either! Should make people happy all around. Two instant teams, too!

...Man, I hope this gets approved.

To be fair, half of Series 60 is probably unguessable. It's something that's been asked for, I'm sure, but we have not talked about it very much here. And the new thing, which is an aspect of those specific figures, not the packaging, is something that has been suggested, but perhaps not in this context. The other half has been guessed already.

We know Zach mentioned in one of the other threads that DST is going to start marketing the interchangeable parts feature in the packaging, is DST also finally implementing Build-A-Figures?

Here we go, from the Minimate Vehicles Lost Play Pattern thread:

You're going to see "Mix-and-Match" and "with bonus parts" on a lot more packaging. Need to work on the visuals.

Doc Ock has been wrong in the past...

There is no variant pack, where two sets have the same character in them.

But people may want to buy doubles (or more) of multiple packs.

Every character has a name, let's put it that way.

Thanks Mnemosis! Sorry we didn't get to talk more in Chicago.

Quicksilver is only tangentially connected to Series 60 at all.

Well, then that should make it easier to figure out. He wasn't on a team with or married/related to any of the people in the assortment. Not in the 616.

Fair enough, here's another one:

One character is in TRU 19 AND Series 60. Only one. Different looks completely.

There was also mention of wave 60 completing 2 teams. I don't know if that means it will contain 2 complete teams, or if it finishes work started by earlier sets though.

I was just re-reading Zach's comments about Wave 60, and he said:

>Not Age of Ultron or Under Siege.

We are doing Vs., but the new thing we're trying is not that. I think we've done several all heroes vs. all-villains waves before, although maybe not a themed one. 47 was FF themed, heroes vs. villains, I'm sure there were others.

Forgot that two of the heroes have never been made before, either! Should make people happy all around. Two instant teams, too!

...Man, I hope this gets approved.

I'm interpreting that as this single Wave will make both teams with no requirement to own prior releases.

I made a mistake, Series 48 was themed and a Vs. wave, not 47, which was themed and mostly heroes.

And by themed, I mean the four packs aren't from four different corners of the MU, like TRU 19. They're all from the same corner, and are actually specific to two teams.

And by two "instant" teams, I mean that each side of the Vs. forms a group of people who were on a team together, and can operate as a unit right away. I did NOT say "complete teams." One team people will want/need to complement with other Minimates, and the other people could ARGUE is incomplete, but it's possible that we haven't made those characters yet.

Yay.

Are 58 and 59 still scheduled for October 1st?

If it's down as having a specific ship date on our ship dates list, that's pretty much a lock. I no longer give specific dates for items that are not currently being prepared for delivery.

Cool, thanks for clarifying.

So...is it X-Men themed? smile.png

Maybe, maybe not. It certainly has no characters in common with Series 59, that's for sure.

And if it IS mutant-based, I would not look a gift horse in the mouth. Next year will be an Avengers-heavy year. I mean, obviously, but also in ways you are not privy to just yet.

Also, four of the characters in this assortment are currently dead.

There are four female characters in this assortment.

Wouldn't the Imperial Guard also make sense paired with those uniforms? Don't I recall a big Jim Lee drawn story where they go into space wearing the matching blue and yellow outfits? Or maybe the Starjammers? Or some kind of mix, with Corsair, Gladiator, Liliandra, and the Skunk Lady whose name I don't feel like trying to spell?

Classic Sunfire

Blob

Pyro

Avalanche

Destiny

That would be amazing, lots of characters via part swaps! Behold, the power of Minimates©!

gobgw94yd8fov8dvbjyk.jpg

And I'm pretty sure it's Minimates®. wink.png

Yeah, I think this is it.

Classic Sunfire

Blob

Pyro

Avalanche

Destiny

this is both what I most believe is going to happen, and what I most hope is going to happen