UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 60

Nessex

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am REALLY hoping that the Brotherhood is coming! Pyro, Blob, Avalanche and Destiny would be amazing, and they would go so well with the Days of Future Past set that was just released. As for the heroes, I really loved the idea mentioned earlier of Banshee coming with parts to make Siryn and Thunderbird (who is still dead too…right?) coming with parts to make Warpath. I'd instantly buy two of each! And those guys would go so nicely with the X-force box set coming out. Then maybe the other heroes would be Sunfire (just cuz) and either a Wolverine anchor (maybe blue and gold for people to army build/customize into other x-members), or (wishful thinking) a redo of classic Storm or Scullcap Cyclops? Soooo excited to see what we get here. :)

I totally see where you're coming from, but two of your points are based in a fallacy

Speaking for myself, the assumption of an X-themed wave comes from a few points:

3) early in the thread, Zach said he villains had been guessed. The Wrecking Crew and Brotherhood were the two front runners at the time

5) one of the troop builders suggested in the Carnage Contest thread is in this wave, but not as a troop builder

3 - What Zach actually said was half the wave was guessed, but he didn't specify which half. While it could be the Brotherhood, it could also be The Enforcers (highly unlikely), members of the Masters of Evil, the Frightful Four, the Defenders, A version of the Offenders, or any of the wacky (and I mean that lovingly) lineups that people have come up with.

5 - Zach also made it a point to say that Doc Ock isn't always correct. My reading being that the information was either wrong or out of context.

But I dunno man. Personally at this point I'm holding out for some kind of version of the Masters of Evil consisting of the Wrecking Crew spead between two sets via interchangeable parts OR some kind of weird Brotherhood that's just gonna make everyone sad, like the one that had Exodus and Mammomax in it (who are both dead, BTW).

I'm excited for the news coming out of NYCC.

I totally see where you're coming from, but two of your points are based in a fallacy

3 - What Zach actually said was half the wave was guessed, but he didn't specify which half. While it could be the Brotherhood, it could also be The Enforcers (highly unlikely), members of the Masters of Evil, the Frightful Four, the Defenders, A version of the Offenders, or any of the wacky (and I mean that lovingly) lineups that people have come up with.

5 - Zach also made it a point to say that Doc Ock isn't always correct. My reading being that the information was either wrong or out of context.

But I dunno man. Personally at this point I'm holding out for some kind of version of the Masters of Evil consisting of the Wrecking Crew spead between two sets via interchangeable parts OR some kind of weird Brotherhood that's just gonna make everyone sad, like the one that had Exodus and Mammomax in it (who are both dead, BTW).

I'm excited for the news coming out of NYCC.

You've got me dead to rights on 3, but 5? Zach said, in the carnage contest thread, somebody here will be happy with wave 60. Doc Ock went on to speculate that one of those characters would be the wave's troop builder. Zach has since strongly implied, if not outright stated, that while one of those characters would make the cut, it would not technically be a troop builder. A case such as blue and yellow Wolverine would be the perfect iteration of that... You want multiples to make Gambit, or Joseph, or captive X-Force from X-Cutioner's Song, but they aren't actually "troops," just multiple characters in matching outfits.

As for Exodus's Brotherhood, you're now officially the villain of my story.

I am REALLY hoping that the Brotherhood is coming! Pyro, Blob, Avalanche and Destiny would be amazing, and they would go so well with the Days of Future Past set that was just released. As for the heroes, I really loved the idea mentioned earlier of Banshee coming with parts to make Siryn and Thunderbird (who is still dead tooright?) coming with parts to make Warpath. I'd instantly buy two of each! And those guys would go so nicely with the X-force box set coming out. Then maybe the other heroes would be Sunfire (just cuz) and either a Wolverine anchor (maybe blue and gold for people to army build/customize into other x-members), or (wishful thinking) a redo of classic Storm or Scullcap Cyclops? Soooo excited to see what we get here. :)

Wes, that's some brilliant planning. Banshee (new) w/Siryn parts, Thunderbird (redo) w/ Warpath parts, Forge (new) w/ Wolverine parts (plus, you can use him to make blue and yellow Banshee, Gambit, etc), and then your fourth could either be X-Force Sunspot (Capullo OR Liefeld), Blue and Yellow Storm, or GSXM Sunfire

Or maybe it's:

Gladiator

Smasher

Wolverine as Fang

Binary

Also, four of the characters in this assortment are currently dead.

Oh, so it's a Daredevil's girlfriends wave.

^Ha.

I just had the greatest thought, if the villains ARE the masters of evil (which I am all about), then one of the heroes could be Jack of hearts! Iv'e always wanted to see him blow up again, and now with the help of modern day technology I can!

I'd be stoked for the brotherhood, but come on. Jack of hearts.

Also, four of the characters in this assortment are currently dead.

Oh, so it's a Daredevil's girlfriends wave.

Too soon! daredevil.gifsad.png

Jack of Hearts in very high on my want list. Such a cool look. I don't think he's ever had a figure of any kind. But I don't see him on the horizon any time soon.

He would fit perfectly in a box set with Nighthawk, Hellcat, and the Human Fly ("The Wildest Super-Hero Ever — Because He's Real!"). . .if DST cares about making profit, then they'll make this happen.

Edited by karamazov80

If JoH gets a mate before Black Knight...

Man, we've had so many obscure and hideous '90s figures so far, that nothing could shock me at this point. But I think a Black Knight is inevitable, whenever we get the rest of the Masters of Evil, of course (Melter and classic Radioactive Man). We'll probably get those guys right after DST finally wises up and gives us the Frightful Four that we all demand.

Well as we know, speculation is frequently a thankless task (lol) but while I would love some of the characters being talked about here, especially the black knight/masters of evil to be made, I really do think all the signs for this wave point to it being x-related and to mystique's brotherhood being included. They would certainly be very welcome, as would banshee and sunfire were they to happen.

However, the few comic releases that we have had lately have been very (in fact almost exclusively apart from Luke's set) "x heavy" so as someone who is much more interested in the avengers side of the universe, am I the only one who's pretty intrigued by Zach's "avengers" comments about next year??

I'm really hoping that means we get some new unmade classic avengers and villains!

Man, we've had so many obscure and hideous '90s figures so far, that nothing could shock me at this point. But I think a Black Knight is inevitable, whenever we get the rest of the Masters of Evil, of course (Melter and classic Radioactive Man). We'll probably get those guys right after DST finally wises up and gives us the Frightful Four that we all demand.

Everything you said. All of it!

I keep thinking that an Avengers: Under Siege theme would be a great idea. Cap, Thor, Black Knight and Wasp vs any four villains from that story. How about... Mister Hyde, Goliath, Blackout, and Titania? You can't tell me this doesn't make as much sense as the Jean DeWolffe Saga wave.