UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 60

Nessex

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Classic Vision might be a long shot, but we'll see what happens after AoU.

And

we consider this a pretty mixed assortment of A and B list. Even with

an anchor character, figure two can't necessarily be "anybody," but if

you're specifically looking for characters that have never been made, I

would increasingly look towards specialty, as those characters are not

likely to make the cut at a mass retailer. Wave 60 will have several.

From the TRU 19 thread... thought this would be interesting! speculation please continue.

I've already said here that Wave 60 will have new, never-before-made characters. And people have been speculating ever since.

I have no idea if TRU 19 and Series 60 will hit at the same time -- the only reason we have been talking about them in the same breath is because they are the next two comic waves to be revealed. But I don't know why people are still looking for a connection between them, given that we've already established that TRU 19 shares a figure with Series 59.

Considering that the original five X-Men actually FOUGHT Quicksilver when he was briefly with the Brotherhood, and both series have Sentinels, Series 59 and TRU 19 are far more connected than TRU 19 and Series 60, which were not designed with any thematic or team-atic connection.

my assumption, going off of my thinking, is that we're only looking for the connection between Quiksilver and wave 60 so we can figure out who is in wave 60. every single clue you give us is important. so now that we know that nobody in wave 60 ever served on a team with Quicksilver in the 616, it cuts down the number of possibilities of who could be included

Has it been established that the connection is between Quicksilver? It might be a similarity between Vision which could mean, another Avenger or maybe Jocasta, seeing as though they were both creations of Ultron. Maybe it's another Spidey villain to go along with the DFOS set. Like, Kraven, or Vulture. Someone who served on the Sinister Six with Mysterio. I'm probably jumping the gun with this one but, Ronan and maybe modern Capt. Marvel? They're both Kree related right?

Again, if it has been established that the character that links the two waves is Quicksilver, and I missed that, disregard everything I have just said. I was just opening up some doors.

Zach's already said the wave is "unguessable" so he won't give any hints that will give it away. Maybe if we all stop guessing he'll become bored and let us know.

Come on Zach, wave 58 & 59 are due out on Oct 1st, as the Marketing Supervisor you don't want to leave your customers without a new wave to look forward to. :P

I still think it's some Jim Lee X-Men vs. Mystique Brotherhood...

Forge (new character)

Banshee (new character)

Wolverine (re-do)

Storm (new look/existing character)

Wolverine can have parts for Gambit while Storm can have parts for Jubilee and Psylocke.

Blob

Avalanche

Pyro

Destiny

Sadly, Toad is out as he served alongside Quicksilver on the original team. Which is fine, because he wasn't part of Mystique's group. We might get Rogue instead of Destiny?

Wolverine, Ironman or Spiderman make the most sense as the shared character,

Ronan, Mysterio and the Sentinels dont warrant that many releases in the same year and Zach has said another Vision isnt likely right now and that Quicksilver isnt directly related to the wave.

i dont wanna go off on rampant speculation personally and im sure someone here as guessed a majority of it already but if we have to get new versions of any of the 3 aforementioned characters, I still want a true Weapon X Wolverine, an updated Modular Ironman or Space Ironman and for spidey id take an Amazing Bagman, an updated 2099, or modern Scarlet Spider if that counts

So we have:

-3 new semi-classic hero looks and one re-do. One of these characters is in 19.

-The shared is not Vision or Quicksilver so we're left with Wolvie, Spidey and Iron Man.

-The costume of the shared character in 60 is completely different from his costume in 19.

-4 new classic villains.

-It's themed.

-Zach did say in another thread (19 I believe) that we'll get our Pyro.

My guess:

4 new classic villains: Pyro, Avalanche, Blob and Destiny. Along with DOFP Mystique we complete her version of the Brotherhood.

3 new semi-classic looks: I have no idea TBH. Maybe the Jim Lee training uniforms with extra parts for all of the characters? It has been mentioned several times and that seems like the most logical choice to me. Thing is, I can't see the theme. Yes, it's X-Men vs Brotherhood, but it's classic Brotherhood vs 90s X-men.

There was also mention of wave 60 completing 2 teams. I don't know if that means it will contain 2 complete teams, or if it finishes work started by earlier sets though.

Could we be seeing Banshee & Sunfire? They'd finish of a team that was started years ago (GSXM), and would leave enough slots for Freedom Force/Brotherhood.

Or are they 'classic' rather than just 'semi-classic'?

(i personally think of them as definitively classic)