UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 60

Nessex

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so - 3 heroes & 4 Villains. That's 7 characters.... which is pretty much standard for a specialty wave.

*IF* the 4 villains are the Brotherhood or Wrecking Crew, that would make one of the Heroes an Army Builder, right?

Brotherhood would make it an X themed wave, so maybe Stepford cuckoos or Multiple Man maybe? Not sure who it would be if we were getting the WC.

That's true - although i don't think we've seen a specialty wave without that wasn't a movie wave since they first started.

No army-builder. Eight characters.

*Promptly eats own words*

That is literally, the best news I've had all day! Now let's see:

It's themed but it's not GotG. The villains are classic but we haven't gotten any of them. The heroes have new semi-classic costumes.

Possible themes:

1)Avengers

2)X-Men

3)Spider-Man

4)Cosmic

1)We haven't had an Avengers wave in a while and the slots could easily be filled.

2)This year we got the DoFP wave, the DoFP set and we'll be getting the O5 wave and X-Force set. I wouldn't hold my breath for yet another X wave.

3)There are tons of Spider villains that we need out there but most of the characters we need have already been made. I wouldn't put my money on it.

4)I can't see how you can have a cosmic wave without any GotG (old and/or new) so that's a longshot as well.

As you can see, I'm leaning towards the Avengers. Why:

1)We haven't had an Avengers wave since the movie wave. I guess you can count the NOW! wave as an Avengers wave as well. Still, it's been a long time.

2)Avengers 2 comes out in May so the dates between releases are far apart enough to not hurt sales.

3)People are constantly asking for figures from this particular side of the Marvel U and there are tons of options.

Going with my Avengers guess:

1)Wonder Man (hero re-do, it's been a while since we've had him and he could benefit from a re-do)

2)Wasp (it's been a while since we got her and there are tons of costumes to choose from)

3)Vision (it's been a while, he's in A2 and there are many costumes to choose from)

4)Quicksilver (he's in A2 and he could use a new updated costume)

5)Black Knight (he started as a villain so that counts and I'm not hearing otherwise! LALALALALALA Black Knight, Black Knight, Black Knight is coming)

6)High Evolutionary (new villain)

7)The Executioner (new villain)

8)Amora (new villain)

the only problem with saying it's not an X themed wave is that they've already said they're working on tie ins into the xforce box set.

Capullo Sunspot, Feral, and Warpath. Another Cable? Stryfe, Toad, Pyro, and Blob

Zach said that apart from the Ronan/IM pack, there is a 2pack on tru 19 that complements another box set. Maybe that's it.

Edited by Kostisfire

Maybe its a boxset we don't know about yet.

Could be. But I still think that it's unlikely getting yet another X-wave when we've already had 2 this year along with a box set. Whereas Spidey got a box set and Cap a comic wave alongie their movies, the X-Men got both, plus another box set. Besides, 2015 is an Avengers year, not an X-Men year.

Edited by Kostisfire

Hmmm... you could be right...

BUT... 19 shares a figure with wave 59. That is almost certainly the Sentinel. Therefore, that 2-pack is the X-Men tie in. You're still going to need Spider-Man AND the Avengers represented. Taking up a slot with an X-Force set would mean Spider-Man an Avenger sharing a package. possible, but it doesn't seem likely

Plus, Deadpool vs X Force is a book right now. if they're ever going to put out some X-Force figures, it would make sense to do so now

the only problem with saying it's not an X themed wave is that they've already said they're working on tie ins into the xforce box set.

Capullo Sunspot, Feral, and Warpath. Another Cable? Stryfe, Toad, Pyro, and Blob

Tweaking this...

Sunspot/Toad

Feral/Stryfe

Warpath/Pyro

Deadpool/Blob

I know we've got enough Deadpools, just as we have enough Cables, but I feel like DP is the more marketable of the two

Edited by Mnemosis

Hmmm... you could be right...

BUT... 19 shares a figure with wave 59. That is almost certainly the Sentinel. Therefore, that 2-pack is the X-Men tie in. You're still going to need Spider-Man AND the Avengers represented. Taking up a slot with an X-Force set would mean Spider-Man an Avenger sharing a package. possible, but it doesn't seem likely

Plus, Deadpool vs X Force is a book right now. if there ever going to put out some X-Force figures, it would make sense to do so now

But 19's army builder is a figure we haven't gotten in a long time. Having 2 army builders doesn't add up.