UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Netflix Defenders Minimates

BrobotC

With the new Netflix Daredevil series currently filming, anyone think that we'll be able to get a box set based on the eventual Netflix Defenders special? With characters like DareDevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, it would be a no brainer!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the original intent wasn't neccessarily a box set of the 4 characters that look like their onscreen incarnations but instead a 4 pack of the comic versions. Either way I am all for more mates.

By the time Daredevil hits Netflix we'll have had fairly recent comic versions of Daredevil, Iron First, and Luke Cage so you would think that would make a comic boxset less likely.

Wasn't there a recent Ask DST question on this subject? Or maybe it was on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Either way I'm pretty sure the response is "no plans but never say never." I would suspect though if the first show is massively popular it would be something they would explore.

I'd tend to get more excited about TV boxed sets than movie waves.

Movie waves have been lacking lately thanks to late reference material. Silver Samurai, Harry Osborn, and a bunch of Iron Man armors and X-Men are glaring holes in my collection. Episodic television can be treated just like monthly comics, something that's ongoing rather than a big event with a narrow window of opportunity to sell to retailers.

I'm all for TV-based Minimates. With any luck, Fandral will show up on MAOS after DST finally decides the series is worth pursuing.

• 3 weeks later...

With all the great casting choices that have been announced for Daredevil, I would love a boxset or whole wave for the shows with some supporting characters. A D'Onofrio Kingpin is a must

Quoted for truth.

I have to say though, I'm pretty bummed that they're moving forward with the Jessica Jones show and not with Moon Knight.

I have to say though, I'm pretty bummed that they're moving forward with the Jessica Jones show and not with Moon Knight.

Patience. Depending on how the Netflix shows perform, I'm sure Moon Knight and Punisher and others are waiting in line to be next.

Edited by MisterPL

So they've confirmed Jessica Jones is the second series, I wonder if Iron Fist or Luke Cage will be third. I wonder what the timing is going to be, like DareDevil and JJ in 2015? Iron Fist and Luke Cage in 2016 and then the Defenders mini-series in 2017? Maybe the schedule will be more compressed....but I'd love some more MCU minimates even though some others don't.

With Absorbing Man and Mockingbird confirmed for AoS season 2...I'm all for AoS boxsets as well! :)

Edited by Zylek

They do apparently have the rights to Punisher.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/10/20/marvels-kevin-feige-were-trying-to-figure-out-what-to-do-with-daredevil-now/

"We’re trying to figure out what to do with Daredevil now. Punisher could show up at one point."

Namor is still at Universal. Spidey's at Sony, of course, and Fox still has X-Men and FF. Some – like Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, and apparently Spider-Woman – are shared.

It looks like Daredevil is anchoring this first series of shows. I wouldn't be surprised to see The Punisher anchor a followup.