UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

One year later...

groundhog7s

Hey all. Long time no see?

Well, it was one year ago today that I lost my job and one year ago tomorrow that I decided to officially leave MMMV. As I've thought a lot about things today, I decided I wanted to come back here again just to say 'thanks' to those that always made this a pleasant 'home away from home'. I still interact with some from here and the Chicago meet-up was a nice treat as well, but I guess it just seemed right to stop by today and say how much I really appreciated this place. I know the door is always open to come back, but it's never quite felt right whenever I've tried (even this seems kind of awkward). This is a great community for the most part, but it's still centered around things that aren't really a part of my life (if that makes sense).

Life has changed and is moving in a different direction now, but I always enjoyed the time I had here. I've said it before and I feel it's worth repeating, this group here has found a unique balance most collector groups will never achieve. Things like mutual respect and camaraderie were always the norm and not the exception. And to those that were part of it, I just wanted to say thanks again. I'm sure I'll stop in every so often and say this again, but when I think of the constants that has changed in a year it was hard to ignore here.

Um, that was all.

Oh, and it's one year later and there's still no plans for a Squirrel Girl Minimate? I really thought I'd left the movement in good hands, but it seems my trust was misplaced.

Edited by groundhog7s

Nice to see you around these parts again and glad things are moving in a more positive direction.

I really thought I'd left the movement in good hands, but it seems my trust was misplaced.

In fairness, I've been working pretty hard behind the scenes to counter any attempt to get this figure made. Call it petty, spiteful revenge for your leaving if you will. . .that's a pretty accurate way of describing it, but it is satisfying for me.

Oh, and it's one year later and there's still no plans for a Squirrel Girl Minimate? I really thought I'd left the movement in good hands, but it seems my trust was misplaced.

They just confirmed that Squirrel Girl will be showing up in the new Spider-Man cartoon this season. So that's something, at least...

Grannyhog!

I remember I was at Rob's wonderful place when he said you left. That really caught me by surprise.

But I'm glad you're doing fine and please feel free to come here when ever you feel like it.

Cheers!

Zach, if you read this: Give this man a Squirrel Girl 'mate!

yes.gif

I'll try to pop in more often, but it's still difficult to be here and not be afraid I'll start wanting to get back into things again (which would be bad). It's like being a recovering alcoholic and visiting a bar to see old friends.

Actually, it's more like being an ex-junkie going to hang out in a crackhouse.