UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Watchmen Minimates

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

watchmen-minimates.jpg

A Diamond Select Toys release! We may not know who watches the Watchmen, but now fans of the epic superhero film can watch the Watchmen join their Minimates mini-figure collection! This new box set features four of the movie’s heroes and anti-heroes: Dr. Manhattan, Nite Owl, Rorschach and The Comedian! Each 2-inch Minimates mini-figure features 14 points of articulation and fully interchangeable parts and accessories, including alternate unmasked heads. Plus, Dr. Manhattan glows in the dark! Packaged in a full-color blister card.

Box Set SRP: $24.99
Summer 2017

18 minutes ago, MisterMiracle said:

Those look AMAZING!  I'm so pumped about these.  Do you think we'll see a Silk Spectre & Ozymandias 2-pack at some point? 

I'd guess they'll be in the TRU assortment Zach mentioned in the other thread. I'm sure at least one of these figures will be LCS exclusive so assuming it's a three pack TRU wave, there'll be at least one other TRU exclusive. Maybe the original Night Owl or Silk Spectre?

Not to be a party pooper, but... there are like, 2 or 3 Watchmen threads beingbumbed. Could they be merged into one, or have a new official one be created?

Anyway, apart from that, this is a historic minimate moment. I remember when the movie hit and everybody thought that we'd never get Watchmen mates. And that was the majority's opinion for years after that. Well, today that's changed. I gotta say, it makes me think the DC line will come back one day...

I'm kind of "whatever" about Watchmen as a property in general and while I liked the movie, it seems like ages ago that it came out. I pretty much bought no merch from it (which I kinda feel like no one did and most that stuff died at retail) That said, these Minimates look fantastic and I'll definitely be picking them up. Really sharp work with these guys.

I hope Rorschach has some fun alternate faces.  

I'm hopeful that these guys get some cool accessories. 

5 hours ago, Kostisfire said:

Not to be a party pooper, but... there are like, 2 or 3 Watchmen threads beingbumbed. Could they be merged into one, or have a new official one be created?

Anyway, apart from that, this is a historic minimate moment. I remember when the movie hit and everybody thought that we'd never get Watchmen mates. And that was the majority's opinion for years after that. Well, today that's changed. I gotta say, it makes me think the DC line will come back one day...

Since the movie is pretty comic-accurate, and the Watchmen universe just merged with the DCU, I think we can consider this to be essentially a DC Comics line. :)

Batman-and-the-Flash-Watchmen.jpg

5 hours ago, SCW said:

I'm kind of "whatever" about Watchmen as a property in general and while I liked the movie, it seems like ages ago that it came out. I pretty much bought no merch from it (which I kinda feel like no one did and most that stuff died at retail) That said, these Minimates look fantastic and I'll definitely be picking them up. Really sharp work with these guys.

I hope Rorschach has some fun alternate faces.  

I'm hopeful that these guys get some cool accessories.

The DC Direct figure line was pretty great, if I recall. I wasn't collecting much at the time, but I wish I had picked up some of them. Later series with Suited Manhattan, Silk Spectre's mom and the original short-shorts Nite Owl definitely hung around, but I think the early waves did pretty well. The Kubricks lingered at TRU, but I think a new appreciation for the movie has started to kick in. Not quite nostalgia, but a fond remembrance of a well-done film.

Not a ton of accessories here, though. Pistols for Comedian, flight stand for Manhattan, hairpiece for Nite Owl, grappling gun and unmasked head/hair for Rorschach, if all goes to plan.

Edited by DSTZach

I'm really excited for this line and I'm hoping I can get help with any TRU releases because we won't do get those in Canada usually.  But ya! I kind of wish there was a way to make the Rorsache mask one of those pullover type pieces like wave 28 deadpool and several spider men, but then the hat would be a problem.  And hopefully the smiley face bloody button shows up somewhere (maybe as an accessory)

These look very nice, even if Dr. Manhattan isn't... accurate. :unsure:

I hope they sell well, as I do think that Watchmen merch hasn't been as big a seller as many thought it would be.  The movie is still quite polarizing; there was actually a discussion about it on the AV Club yesterday, and just based on that I think "new appreciation" and "fondly remembered" is a bit of a stretch.  It's not loved but not reviled, which makes it a Zack Snyder movie. :lol:

BTW, I can't be the only one that REALLY wouldn't be too upset if Ozymandias and Silk Spectre never made it out, as they were both the worst portrayals in the movie and the biggest departures from the comics' costumes. I would really like to see some of the Minutemen, though, which I'm hoping will fill out the TRU wave.  My dream, though, is for an Owlship.  Complete with "Hallelujah" Nite Owl and Silk Spectre maybe?

4 minutes ago, hellpop said:

BTW, I can't be the only one that REALLY wouldn't be too upset if Ozymandias and Silk Spectre never made it out, as they were both the worst portrayals in the movie and the biggest departures from the comics' costumes. I would really like to see some of the Minutemen, though, which I'm hoping will fill out the TRU wave.  My dream, though, is for an Owlship.  Complete with "Hallelujah" Nite Owl and Silk Spectre maybe?

I liked all the costumes, so even if the acting wasn't that great when it came to those two, well, I still want them. I'd even take a purple suit Veidt & Bubastis 2-Pack.

18 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Specialty box set. TRU 2-pack assortment TBA.

YES!  So we'll definitely get everyone then.  I'd assume we're getting Silk Spectre and Ozymandias and possibly something like battle damaged versions of Comedian and Rorschach. 

12 minutes ago, hellpop said:

These look very nice, even if Dr. Manhattan isn't... accurate. :unsure:

But we just had a Man-Thing thanks to Walgreens.  Do we really need another one?

4 hours ago, MisterMiracle said:

YES!  So we'll definitely get everyone then.  I'd assume we're getting Silk Spectre and Ozymandias and possibly something like battle damaged versions of Comedian and Rorschach. 

But we just had a Man-Thing thanks to Walgreens.  Do we really need another one?

You could paint the chestburster accessory and apply it upside-down ?