riot comedian/old spectre

tv dr m/john

kid reading bf/newspaper man

varient transformastion john

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dc minimates are dead,but these are movie version,so they dont have to be classified as comic minimates but movie minimates like the spirit or ghostbusters

Unfortunately, it still rests under the DC banner, which means if DC doesn't want Minimates, then there are no Minimates.

Think about the Spider-Man movie 'mates, or the X-Men movie mates, or the Iron Man or Hulk ones. They still fell under the Marvel banner. The only difference is that whoever produced the movie also had to sign off on the 'mates.

Watchmen movie 'mates would be the same. We'd need DC and Warner Bros to sign off for these to get made, and DC has made it pretty clear that they are not in the market for new Minimates.

Please, can't we let this horse die with some dignity still intact!

cant you let a boy dream?! :sad:

• 3 weeks later...
I thought "The Spirit" was owned by DC comics?

It's not. DC has a license from Eisner Studios (owner) to publish Spirit comics.

I think DC is generally missing the boat on a lot of toy licensing opportunities. Marvel is definitely milking their cows for everything they are worth.

The Spirit is still an active member of the DCU, and the comic bears the DC logo and not Eisner's, so I'm pretty sure it's a DC owned property, even if all they do is publish. Maybe we can get some more DC minimates out of this I need a Vic Sage and a Rorschach to chillax together. (Kingdom Come #2 reference)

The Spirit is still an active member of the DCU, and the comic bears the DC logo and not Eisner's, so I'm pretty sure it's a DC owned property, even if all they do is publish. Maybe we can get some more DC minimates out of this I need a Vic Sage and a Rorschach to chillax together. (Kingdom Come #2 reference)

Loved that scene. One of my favorites. Not only because of Rorschach, but because it shows some of Superman's tyrrany and you really get to see the other option.

Loved that scene. One of my favorites. Not only because of Rorschach, but because it shows some of Superman's tyrrany and you really get to see the other option.

Superman is a dick, plain and simple and I just loved seeing Rorschach and The Question hanging out, they are perfect. Both psychotic conspiracy theorists who are happy to kill anyone in their way violently.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 years later...