• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

HBO's series is not exceptional, purely because nigh on everything that company does is alwaysĀ Ā exceptional . It's hard going , particularly for me as an Englishman , to decipher what isĀ actually factual ,what is obviously fictional & what is obviously a cross-over where fiction transcends fact ?Ā  Obviously I know that the showĀ is fiction .

The scenes about Tulsa were obviouslyĀ fiction....'obviously fiction'....an 'alternate reality' ........"how dare they " I thought ..."this is inflammatory !!" Ā 

....... then I Googled 'Tulsa Massacre' .

Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā 'ckinhell

Ā 

Minimates ? I'm not sure . Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2019 at 9:59 AM, buttheadsmate said:

HBO's series is not exceptional, purely because nigh on everything that company does is alwaysĀ Ā exceptional . It's hard going , particularly for me as an Englishman , to decipher what isĀ actually factual ,what is obviously fictional & what is obviously a cross-over where fiction transcends fact ?Ā  Obviously I know that the showĀ is fiction .

The scenes about Tulsa were obviouslyĀ fiction....'obviously fiction'....an 'alternate reality' ........"how dare they " I thought ..."this is inflammatory !!" Ā 

....... then I Googled 'Tulsa Massacre' .

Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā 'ckinhell

Ā 

Minimates ? I'm not sure . Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

If it makes you feel "better" a lot of Americans didn't know about it either as it wasn't taught as a part of the "normal" history curriculum.

Sad. The Tulsa Massacre took place less than 100 years ago yet there areĀ people today utterly unaware of it even in the United States.

Imagine doing the same with the sinking of the Titanic, the Holocaust, or letting the events of September 11, 2001 slip through the fingers of recent memory.

If Minimates can help expose the real history or the world, so be it.

• 1 year later...