UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Watchmen Minimates

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see a second TRU assortment of these some day with 

Adrian Veidt in his purple suit / Bubastis; Doc Manhattan in his suit / Laurie Juspezck in her red dress; "Noir" Rorschach / Moloch

I think a Rorschach in darker colors would be great and calling him Noir is a nice gimmick.

I picked these up at TRU today (PDX folks, Jantzen beach had 2 full sets on the shelves when I left)

They are great but I really don't see the logic of them selling at $7.50 a pack in TRU and the 4 pack at specialty is $25. 
You can go to TRU and get 6 characters for less that the price of the 4 figure specialty boxset, where of the 4 figures are the same.

T.

When the Watchmen kubricks were first released several years ago they were sold blind-boxed & for some while kubrick collectors scurried around getting them .

Once the dust had settled TRU released 2 box sets of them ,identical in every way to the blind-boxed versions . The TRU sets were distributed by a company called Diamond Select & TRU almost ended up giving them away .  

I wonder whether the Watchmen box sets are destined for sale outside of the USA where most Minimate collectors have no access to TRU ?   

I picked these guys up last week from TRU and have really been loving them so far.  I did find one small oddity when I was looking closely at the packaging, specifically the Rorschach/Manhattan bio:

IMG_2756.thumb.jpg.7f2f816074b755c2f3b5953c7de4c7bf.jpg

I think DST got the wrong name for Rorschach, cuz Ernie Kovacs would be this guy.  And while Ernie may well have had a troubled mind, he definitely wasn't Rorschach!

On 7/31/2017 at 0:03 PM, buttheadsmate said:

I wonder whether the Watchmen box sets are destined for sale outside of the USA where most Minimate collectors have no access to TRU ?   

I can see from Glantern's pic that there is a CE mark & the UK Runcorn address on the pack , they'll be available outside of the US ...in the EU.