UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Watchmen Minimates

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, gambitron said:

Didn't think I would pick these up but saw them at TRU today and they looked so great I had to have them.

Same here! Picked them up on Thursday and kept marveling at how nice the packaging looked. Finally opened them tonight after work and they turned out great. It was really nice to assemble the entire team in one set. Bring on the Minutemen, GA looks (S Spectre, Nite-Owl) or comic looks... I think I'd be onboard for all of it.

Picked up the exclusive pack and an extra Manhattan and Rorschach yesterday. They really do look excellent in the package. The Ozy and Silk Spectre sets all seemed to have minor paint issues. I wish DST would fix the stand/foot issue as it's definitely present again on this wave.

I think a full wave of Minutemen is pretty unlikely. How many variants of the main characters could they make? I can see an extra Nite Owl and Rorschach but not much else.

I just picked up the TRU set today. Thanks to my TRU's terrible merchandising, it was a bit of a hunt. 

The Watchmen were in the Marvel aisle, next to a peg of Spider-Man 'mates, which weren't merchandised with the Spider-Man product at the front of the store or with the other Spidey stuff in the Marvel aisle. They were in the spot that should have been occupied by Marvel Series 23. That assortment was hanging with the Spidey product. ?

Please tell me im not the only one who fixes stuff like this.

7xoVw5r.jpg

I wish these were of the comic characters, but the movie's pretty close. If anything I wish we got a pudgy Nite Owl. Here's all the alternate looks. It took me a minute to realize that the second crotch piece was Dr. Manhattan's shorts.

Edited by ufemizm

On 7/15/2017 at 6:56 PM, MisterPL said:

I just picked up the TRU set today. Thanks to my TRU's terrible merchandising, it was a bit of a hunt. 

The Watchmen were in the Marvel aisle, next to a peg of Spider-Man 'mates, which weren't merchandised with the Spider-Man product at the front of the store or with the other Spidey stuff in the Marvel aisle. They were in the spot that should have been occupied by Marvel Series 23. That assortment was hanging with the Spidey product. ?

Please tell me im not the only one who fixes stuff like this.

Nope, I've moved entire pegs and placed them in an area that makes way more sense.

On 7/15/2017 at 4:38 PM, NerdyTrev said:

Only three. The four characters from the box set and then the exclusive Ozymandius and Silk Spectre. 

So there's no need to buy the box set then if you have a TRU near you that carries them?

17 minutes ago, MisterMiracle said:

Nope, I've moved entire pegs and placed them in an area that makes way more sense.

So there's no need to buy the box set then if you have a TRU near you that carries them?

When the minimates at my LCS are mixed up I usually can't help my self from putting them back together.

There's no need to buy the box set, especially since you can buy all three packs for a few dollars more at TRU. I think that's kind of a questionable decision if DST wants LCS support on this line, but I'm sure there's a reason.

On 7/17/2017 at 0:18 PM, BuffaloDelorean said:

When the minimates at my LCS are mixed up I usually can't help my self from putting them back together.

There's no need to buy the box set, especially since you can buy all three packs for a few dollars more at TRU. I think that's kind of a questionable decision if DST wants LCS support on this line, but I'm sure there's a reason.

I feel this but I'm hoping to find two of the TRU exclusives and the other 2 packs and then pick up an extra box set from lukes at some point.