UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Watchmen Minimates

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... so who do we have to kill to make this happen? Alan Moore? Dave Gibbons? DC Direct? Zack Snyder (for the movie versions)?

All of them, I don't care! I'll have to hire someone, though...

assassins-creed-20060921105332117.jpg

Honestly, there are a lot of other DC characters that I would prefer to get prior to this (golden age JSA, Titans, unreleased JLAers). But whatever the case, I don't think there is much of a chance of getting this. As is often the case, the Kubricks will have to suffice. . .

Edited by karamazov80

Lucky for all of us, I have with me a trusty device that I use to commune with the spirits and answer all of my yes-or-no questions. I'll need silence as I open a channel with the spirit world though, so shhhhhh!

Do we need Watchmen Minimates?

Very Doubtful

Hmmm, a bit negative. Let's rephrase it...

Do we want Watchmen Minimates?

Signs point to yes

That sounds a bit more like it. Now, the big question:

Will we ever get Watchmen Minimates?

Reply hazy, try again

Ok, one more time:

Will we ever get Watchmen Minimates?

Not while Georg Brewer is running things

That was oddly specific. :blink:

ha ha ha ha ha, LOL :lol:

Now let me try!

Any chance of Watchmen Minimates?

<3 It's lookin' good!

Any chance of Inhumans Minimates?

Sure! <3

... Any chance I'll become popular in school if word gets out I collect Minimates?

Forget about it!

... that's what I get for using the big, gay, sarcastic pink Magic 8 Ball. :blink:

Edited by NorthRaider

As is often the case, the Kubricks will have to suffice. . .

It was like when I was a kid and we didn't have money to buy real meat and we had to eat Spam instead. I guess at least Kubricks don't have that weird gel on them or make that 'spwooosh' sound when they come out of the package.

YES - wedo need them, but DC minimates are dead.

The closest we will get is:

post-2737-1238466366_thumb.jpg

dc minimates are dead,but these are movie version,so they dont have to be classified as comic minimates but movie minimates like the spirit or ghostbusters

dc minimates are dead,but these are movie version,so they dont have to be classified as comic minimates but movie minimates like the spirit or ghostbusters

Unfortunately, it still rests under the DC banner, which means if DC doesn't want Minimates, then there are no Minimates.

Think about the Spider-Man movie 'mates, or the X-Men movie mates, or the Iron Man or Hulk ones. They still fell under the Marvel banner. The only difference is that whoever produced the movie also had to sign off on the 'mates.

Watchmen movie 'mates would be the same. We'd need DC and Warner Bros to sign off for these to get made, and DC has made it pretty clear that they are not in the market for new Minimates.

Please, can't we let this horse die with some dignity still intact!

Sadly, I think the chances of getting "superhero squad"-ish Watchmen would be far more believable; and how wildly-inappropriate and unlikely are those? Or, since I'm throwing-out impossible ideas (that fare better than Minimates), could you imagine Fisher-Price Imaginext Watchmen?!? :lol:

Unfortunately, it still rests under the DC banner, which means if DC doesn't want Minimates, then there are no Minimates.

Yes, but unlike DC Minimates, Watchmen don't fall under the DC Universe umbrella. They're a separate license. DST wouldn't have to worry about stepping on Mattel's contractual toes.

Thing is, with so many characters to do from this movie, how would DST offer them? A series of 4-packs seems kinda weak. They might be able to get two solid 7-figure waves out of it, though. Would that be enough?

They could offer Dr. Manhattan in a variety of flavors, from 2-inch to 3-inch, opaque and translucent, suited and buck nekkid.

It's definitely got potential. Wish DC saw it that way. Stupid DC.

Dammit, now I'm gonna be dreaming up never-gonna-happen wave lineups for this thing.

Let's see: Crimebusters, Minutemen, civvie variants, Moloch, Black Freighter (:pirate:)...

Yup, this would have been the best two moviemate waves ever. Stinkin' Spiderman 3 :P

Eh, just one wave:

Rorschach/Comedian

Nite Owl/Silk Spectre

Ozymandias/Dr. Manhattan

VARIANT: Prison Rorschach

Wait, why am I doing this to myself? We'll never get Watchmen minimates! WE'LL NEVER GET THEM I TELL YOU!