UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I donnt know if I can be bothered anymore (not suicide, dont panic)

'm looking at the diversity which is cool and I'm not a competist
but its just my thing for the majority I love the Aliens stuff and Jay
and SB are right up my street for friends, but and there is always is
one, There is no comic stuff. Films are good but have a very short window

I'm
not going to stop posting but I do see myself posting less in the
minimate threads as I cant be arsed whishlisting like alot of others
after 4 pages.

thank god for Cntrl v :)

Ok this maybe be weird but the auto save/edit nuked my first post I did put my age (43) Its just me I am finding it hard to try n collect I started with mates because of marvel an now in my eyes its getting left behind

I admit I'm a comic fan above all but now it seems secondary

Consider it a way to give your wallet a rest this year. I'm expecting more Marvel comic releases in 2015.

That said, there appears to be another glut of Marvel movies in 2016 (Captain America 3, Age of Apocalypse, Doctor Strange, Sinister Six) so… brace yourself.

It wouldn't be so tough if we got really big comic releases like 2 AFX Brotherhood of Mutants boxsets or some much needed classic X-Men stuff. I think this would be the best time for DST to really look at the wish listing, the Banshee/Sunfire kind of packs and throw the comic fans a little something special.

Sorry you're thinking of getting out, MiniFiend. Marvel is not taking a back seat, but I understand your frustration.

Politician, we are always looking at what fans want. Series 54 was a lot of requested comic figures, and keep in mind that Series 50 was entirely based on a wish list in this very forum.

Not every series can be based on wish lists, but some highly requested figures may be in Series 60/19. And we're working with AFX on a new two-pack, so hopefully that fills some holes for people. Sorry it's not two four-packs.

Edited by DSTZach

I get how you feel Minifiend. The total lack of new classic comic minimates this year has left me in the minimate doldrums too. For the first time I no longer look forward to new wave announcements with much excitement because I'm expecting them to be movie figures or retreads of characters I already have plenty of. And as an avengers/thor fan primarily there hasn't been much new to cheers about for years. However, I live in hope that my favourite ever toy line will make a recovery one day - maybe in waves 60/19 if Zach's hints are anything to go by! :)

Well, strictly speaking I guess not, although the excellent wave 54 was very early this year and was announced last year, so it doesn't feel that recent. The dofp set doesn't actually have new characters (unless you count trask's head) though I agree the "classic" feel to it is one of the more appealing releases of the year. I think a large part of the issue for me is I like the old school '80's and earlier look for characters, so even wave 54, good as it was, went for mainly modern looks.

And as an avengers/thor fan primarily there hasn't been much new to cheers about for years.

Thor may have had his comic glut in 2011-2012, with a ton of different versions and two box sets based on Fear Itself, but there have been plenty of comic Avengers products since then. TRU 16, 17 and 18 (with Thor and Absorbing Man) were mostly Avengers, as well as Series 54. Series 51 had Avengers supporting characters, and 50 had the Zemos. The Hulk, Ultron, Iron Man and the Red Skull have all been in box sets in the past year. Plus the DVD mail-away. I actually thought we were Avengers-heavy, but I guess that includes the movie lines .

I hear what you are saying Zach and certainly the zemos from wave 54 and the TRU18 absorbing man were among my favourite releases in recent times, and we all know how good the character selection of wave 54 was. Many of the other examples you cite though are modern versions of characters and the a-listers that we have plenty of though. While that is obviously appealing to many people, to this long term collector who grew up in the '70's it seems like a long time since we got a new b-list avenger (modern falcon excepted) such as swordsman, mantis, moondragon, hellcat, tigra, mockingbird etc, or any of thor's classic supporting cast/villains. I appreciate you can't please all the people and that you do what makes business sense, so it must be popular, but it just happens that for me the line has largely gone away from my area of interest. Don't worry though - I will be sticking with you! :)

I was just hoping for some single 616 Marvel reveal at SDCC that made me go

thefountain.gif

It doesn't in any way negate the non-Marvel stuff we were shown, but 616 Marvel Minimates is the first Becky from Roseanne, and everything else is Becky 2. Sure, Becky 2 was hotter than Becky 1 and went on to be hilarious in Scrubs, but it just wasn't the same as having Becky 1.

We just need a teaser, Z. A silhouette or something to whet the appetite. A carrot on a stick. smile.png

Edited by youbastards

If the Infinity set had been on display, it might have been impressive. I'll see about doing a post next week.

60/19 is a ways off. We will probably show something else new for Marvel before NYCC, but it is probably not going to make you see God.

• 1 month later...

Ok just have to share because this is a great place.

I'm still not as 100% as I used to be as for me I want 616 not movie figures or/and 616 of the movie figures but I unstand why we dont because of consumer confusion.

Just got to put this pic out there as ppl that where here a few years ago know my life went southish and it was this forum the fun and the straight talking an out right genorioty of ppl that blew me away..That an Dr Doomsy that I have said before made me laugh when I should have been crying an that custom will always get my vote every year.

Over the last few weeks Karma has swung my way and here is a big pic way

IMG_20140902_143123.jpg

Yes thats me with my new noisy toy. its road legal but I need to do some major engineering on it control wise as my knees and ankles are knackered so have to swith the controls to handlebars. Ive done it before just akes time an money :) Ohh an Im sorry about my dog being excited

Great pic man. I love the trike. I should get you a shirt from New Orleans and send it over. I am in the Harley dealership about once a month getting something for my Sporty custom.