UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 19

Nessex

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are you finding these? My TRU has a unique section just for Marvel and Star Wars now and there are no signs of minimates. There doesn't seem to be an empty peg for where they should be going either.

I found mine in the collector's aisle next to the "adult" collectibles. For some reason they're not merchandising them with the rest of the Marvel toys at my store.

I was wondering if any of our resident customizers here were going to try to give Quicksilver a proper hairpiece? Both Quicksilver minimates have included rehashed Wolverine hairpieces instead of brand new sculpts. I for one find them both very detracting to the minimates (the latest one being the worst of the two). I get it that DST was just trying to save on tooling at the time(s). Does anybody else feel the same way? And can anybody suggest a good base hairpiece in which one can achieve this look with a bit of customizing?

2559.jpg

It's not perfect, but I've been using the Asteroid M Magneto hairpiece for my old Quicksilver (with an Invaders Namor head. The Quicksilver head on Namor makes a nice Defenders version).

i hope these arrive in Portland, Or this week. i go back to work on the 2nd and won't have as much time to go hunting.

if anyone IN Portland could pick me up the Vision/Quicksilver and Iron Man/Ronan sets and meet up somewhere in town, I'd be willing to pay you an extra dollar each for your services!

Edited by CortherX

Where are you finding these? My TRU has a unique section just for Marvel and Star Wars now and there are no signs of minimates. There doesn't seem to be an empty peg for where they should be going either.

My TRU also has the Star Wars/Marvel super double aisle with two kiosks in the middle of it. The Marvel Minimates have been moved to the kiosk facing the Avengers 2 toys at these stores (H = half kiosk) The arrow is where the 2 packs were in one store, at the other store the infinity box sets were put in about the same area, but on a corner wire frame

I H I

I H <- I

I I

I H I

I H I

Edited by Shogi

Found these at the Woodfield IL Toys R Us/Babies R Us by the mall. They still had a couple of spidey and mysterio, ronan and iron man, wolverine and sentinel, and also vailant x o man of war and bloodshot.

I thought I saw someone asking for a comparison of these two and I didn't see if anyone had taken a pic yet

Wave%2019%20Sentinel%20Compare_zpsubdobp

New X-Men Sentinel (left) and Wave 19 (right) are almost exactly the same. The paint seems a slight shade different and the eyes on wave 19 has a circle in it. The chest tampo seems slightly larger too

Well, I saw these today. Was going to get a few of them, and. . .in typical local TRU fashion, there was one checkout open, with about 10 people in line, and they were going slow as molasses. Kids were waiting in the car with mom, and I wasn't about to make them wait 20-25 minutes for me, so. . .nada. Thanks once again, Toys R Us.

Wow, YB, Ronan and Nysterio pics are out of this world!

Back on topic, it's a head scratcher for me why either of the quicksilver hairpieces are not a unique character specific sculpt. It was a totally different time for mates when the first one hit, when we didn't know if the line was ending or not, but this new one, there's almost no excuse for it not to be a new sculpt, I'm surprised more people aren't up in arms about it. To me, it's a bigger deal than some black paint on a costume is.

Times like that I take advantage of the checkout in Electronics everyone seems to forget.

If you had a normal, functioning Toys R Us I bet that would be a good option. But I almost never see any employees back in that section. There was one associate today, right next to the checkout area, sloooooowly putting some stock out on display, instead of stopping to open up a new line and help with the backup. I felt even worse for the poor schmucks trying to get help at the service desk. Once I waited there literally 20 minutes for someone to get a bike from the back I had ordered online and was trying to get via in-store pickup. At that point, I just asked for a refund and left. One of the worst run stores I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. Edited by karamazov80