UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 19

Nessex

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to check my local TRU in Canada and see if there going to show up doubt it ... so I may need someone to grab mysterio/spiderman and a Ronan/Iron Man pack wouldn't mind quick silver/vision .. I would be willing to pay shipping and cost and abit extra just PM me. Thank you

Edited by masterbob

Just checked the TRU in Burnsville MN and there were not any minimates in the Marvel section, in fact it's been a while since I've seen any Marvel mates there.

Sad as that is -- which is MEGA sad -- it's nice to know it's not just me. So, clearly, TRU hates MN. :(

Overall these Minimates are well done but I do have a few nitpicks, of course:

- I'd sooner have a second set of claws-retracted hands than a spare hairpiece for Payback Wolverine. And what, when he lost his healing factor he lost his trademark hairstyle, too?

- No webs for Spidey? I thought it was a law that all Spider-Man Minimates be packaged with webbing of some kind.

- Vision's cape is slightly translucent. Is that deliberate (as seen in the comics) or just a fluke of the molded-in-color plastic?

- Mysterio would look better with a frosted noggin. I'm tempted to paint it.

- I was really hoping Ronan would come with a corrected apology hammer to replace the upside down one from the movie figure. [sad panda]

- The battle-damaged face on this assortment's Sentinel looks far too much like the battle-damaged face from the earlier Sentinel in the DOFP box set. I'd have preferred the other side of the face to be damaged. Variety, yo.

Otherwise this is another stellar wave.

Wait, PL found these?! What is this, opposite day?

Right? I'm living in Bizarro World.

I imagine you almost fainted dead away when you saw them on the pegs. laugh.png

Meanwhile, I swung by my local TRU after work last night, and found nada. I was thinking about driving to another store, where I usually have good luck, but I didn't want to stay out too late since I had to work today. Only to wake up to six inches of snow, which I completely did not expect, meaning school is closed and I'm home with my daughter anyway. So I guess I should have gone. Still might, now that the roads are clear.

Anyway, you finding these should give everyone hope, since I believe your TRU has basically told you in the past not to expect these. Hopefully that means this wave is going to make it to all those stores that are usually passed over.

When I read they were at the nearby Wilkes-Barre store I wanted to dart down there ASAP but decided to wait a day and try Dickson City. I was truly shocked. Glad I checked the collector's aisle first. Had I looked in the Marvel planogram, I'd had just run right out of the store in tears. It made a great Valentine's present though!

But yes, hopefully this is the beginning of a very long trend. The weather may be playing a role in these getting to other stores depending on location.

Stores in Dallas getting these now. Got my set lest night, they held them at the service desk for me, with a nice big sticker that ripped and left residue on the sentinel box it was on.

Had the service desk girl look up other stores for me and in the process dropped some of them on the floor. Good thing I'm opening these.

As I was driving around today looking for physical copies of my movie (of which, I found none, by the way), I ran into a full set of these at the TRU in Monrovia.

I bought a full set and there was another set and a half on the shelf. The hard to find pack was Wolverine/Sentinel.

Can't wait to get home to crack these suckas open.

Why are people paying eBay prices for these? Again...I have extras at cost + shipping. If anyone needs the Ronan or Mysterio sets, let me know.

Do you ship internationally?

Hell yeah! Just like Pitbull, they also call me Mr. Worldwide.

The army builder is the short pack? That would explain why I've only found 2 at 2 stores... Buttloads of Ronan and mysterio though.

Yeah, that doesn't make sense now that I think about it. I would buy up more of them if they were available because I've always wanted a group of Sentinels and these are my favorite so far.