UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 19

Nessex

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, all that goes out the window if they do a cosmic wave with a PROPER ROCKET RACCOON. other_beatingA_DeadHorse.gif

Are you okay if they make a Rocket from the kid body? I could support that.

Chuck did say at C2E2 that they wanted to do a boxset of the Classic GOTG but Marvel wouldn't allow product for versions of the GOTG other than the Movie versions as to avoid any brand confusion.

Yet they were okay with the comic Cap wave hitting shelves at the same time movie product for The Winter Soldier was being stocked.

"Brand confusion." Marvel has it.

Even if Wave 19 is themed, there is no reason to think that the Iron Man/Ronan 2-pack compliments the theme. Wave 18 (Captain America themed) included the Wolverine/Ultron Drone 2 pack that complimented the Age of Ultron box set, wave 16 (did it have a theme? Marvel Now?) included the Colossus and Emma Frost 2 pack that complimented the A vs. X box set, and wave 15 (Fantastic Four themed) included the Kuurth and Nul 2 pack that complimented the Mighty/Worthy box sets.

Edited by pappymojo

Since Rocket is less than 25% the size of an adult human, I think a full sized mate of him would look a little goofy even if they went the shorter arms and legs route. Just my opinion.

Yeah, I agree. I like the way they did Rocket Raccoon with the movie GOTG wave. I wouldn't mind seeing a wave of comic versions of these characters.

Of course, all that goes out the window if they do a cosmic wave with a PROPER ROCKET RACCOON. other_beatingA_DeadHorse.gif

Are you okay if they make a Rocket from the kid body? I could support that.

>Chuck did say at C2E2 that they wanted to do a boxset of the Classic GOTG but Marvel wouldn't allow product for versions of the GOTG other than the Movie versions as to avoid any brand confusion.

Yet they were okay with the comic Cap wave hitting shelves at the same time movie product for The Winter Soldier was being stocked.

"Brand confusion." Marvel has it.

"But... but... that's not Star-Lord! That's Star... Hawk! I'm so confused!" thud.gif

I would definitely accept Rocket with kid sized proportions, though he probably needs specially sculpted legs to look right. Something like the movie Lizard legs (which is what I used for my custom).

I could go for 19 being a hodge podge wave

Iron Man & Ronin

Thor with Axe & Loki

Captain Marvel with Chewie & Kid sized Rocket with extra Ferkins

X-23 (ANX Uniform) & Professor Pryde (With jacket and guns to hang out with Star Lord)

My question for this is what the case break down will be:

4-4-2-2 (Modern Traditional)

5-4-3 (ASM2)

4-4-4 (GotG)

And how much overlap?

I'm thinking .........

Back-ordered / Out of stock

Back-ordered/Out of stock exclusive

Unavailable/Unavailable

Pegwarmer/Pegweigher

& the TRU.com mystery pack

Order what you want & they'll send you whatever they've got

.....................TRU were doing blind-pack Minimates way way way before they even realised they were.

I'm thinking .........

Back-ordered / Out of stock

Back-ordered/Out of stock exclusive

Unavailable/Unavailable

Pegwarmer/Pegweigher

& the TRU.com mystery pack

Order what you want & they'll send you whatever they've got

.....................TRU were doing blind-pack Minimates way way way before they even realised they were.

It's funny because it's true! :)

Yeah we don't seem to suffer brand confusion over xmen. I personally really hope we get some classic guardians either in this wave or a box set - now seems the perfect time to me.

Yeah - but Marvel aren't in charge of X-Men films....

I'm still really disappointed that the Indymates didn't take off, I feel like there are so many really cool independent characters that it would be great to get, that don't necessarily support their own line, kind of like that series Toybiz did after they lost Marvel Legends.

Yeah we don't seem to suffer brand confusion over xmen. I personally really hope we get some classic guardians either in this wave or a box set - now seems the perfect time to me.

Yeah - but Marvel aren't in charge of X-Men films....

Actually, from what I understand, they do have quite a bit of creative control, they just don't exercise it like they used to.

Pre-Disney, Marvel wanted to see Fox succeed because that helped Marvel out of bankruptcy. These days Disney and Marvel are doing what they can to get these properties back, from canceling venerable titles (FF) to killing off popular characters (Wolverine). They're not pushing Fox movie properties at all in marketing or merchandise. There was zero reference to Days of Future Past on Marvel.com or in Disney's correspondences to licensees.

With X-Men, I'm sure Disney's hoping that without Marvel's help, Fox will fall on its own sword and they'll sell rights back to Marvel. Of course now that Rupert Murdoch is eyeing Time Warner, Fox might end up not needing comic book franchises if WB/DC joins the family.

While I agree that they definitely aren't promoting Fox and Sony's properties as much as they are the Marvel Films series, when I see things like the new Fantastic Four that's being made or ASM2 I really have a hard time blaming them or feeling sorry for anybody involved. X-Men is the only non-Marvel series that I feel like is being treated with respect, for the most part.

I like the tone of the X-Men films but it seems the series may be running out of steam. They need a new star. Jackman's getting too old to play Wolverine and while the ensemble cast assembled for First Class was stellar, they've only got one picture left in their 3-picture deal before they run into the Star Trek problem of everyone asking for significant raises.

If they can do with X-Force and Deadpool what they did with X-Men and Wolverine, they've got another dozen years ahead of them. Otherwise it's reboot time. (Assuming they keep the franchise.)