UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 19

Nessex

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I get a Moon Knight mate i'll be the happiest person alive. At least until the Moon Knight tv show and/or movie arrive. Also, what costume would you prefer? The pimp suit? The bone armor or the super-hero look?

PS: Did anyone read today's latest Moon Knight issue? It was fantastic.

There are two GOTG-related characters, but you already know who they are: Ronan and Iron Man. No Ghost Rider. No Moon Knight.

Everyone else in 19 we've gotten comic Mates of before, but three not for a long time, and I believe all three have been asked for. Two are new (or recent) costumes for Marvel mainstays. One is a returning army-builder.

New classic characters are in 60.

Zach can you tell us how many new figures to expect from this wave? it sounds like theres atleast 5, will there be 4 packs all together or just 3? will there be bleed over from the LCS wave?

There are two GOTG-related characters, but you already know who they are: Ronan and Iron Man. No Ghost Rider. No Moon Knight.

Everyone else in 19 we've gotten comic Mates of before, but three not for a long time, and I believe all three have been asked for. Two are new (or recent) costumes for Marvel mainstays. One is a returning army-builder.

A new AIM Soldier perhaps? It did just get a figure in the recent Marvel Legends Cap series.

I really hope it's a new AIM Soldier. I don't know about any of you, but I only started collecting recently, and my MODOK is very lonely.

Awesome news about Wave 60. Can't wait for the big reveal on either.

Ok so it looks like this:

1 Ronan

2. Ironman

3. Remake 1

4. Remake 2

5. Remake 3

6. New or New Costume

7. New or New Costume

8. Army Builder Redo

Is this correct?

Edited by thereasonsy

AIM for the army builder is an obvious guess, but what other ones are out there? I suppose a sentinel would pair well with cyclops and magneto but is that too soon after DoFP? The Hand? That may make sense if there is a connection to the forthcoming tv shows?

Is there a themed connection between 60 and TRU 19?

TRU 15 included Kuurth/Nul that complimented the Mighty/Worthy boxsets and the Firelord/Air Walker set that complimented the Heralds boxset (plus the Silver Surfer/Thing set).

So maybe TRU 19 includes a two pack that compliments the Infinity boxset and another two pack that compliments another box set.

A set with another Sentinel (army builder) that compliments the DoFP boxset? Foes of Spiderman? Age of Ultron?

I keep holding out hope that we'll seeing the missing X-Force members and was hoping this *might* be the place for them.... but i guess 90's costumes aren't quite 'modern' any more.

Still - you could argue that Sunspot & Warpath would be new (unmade) costumes. #wishfulthinking

Ronan/Iron Man

X/Y

A/AIM Soldier

B/AIM Soldier

I'd guess X and Y to be Wolverine/Magneto .That leaves A and B who are - if we follow conventional logic - some sort of variation on each other. Following the looser connection of Strucker/Viper, I say Captain Marvel/Wasp. They're both key female Avengers who rank as high B-listers, I'd say. But could her current association with the Guardians preclude Carol's involvement?

There's a new Sentinel coming in Wave 59 so I doubt they'd double up with one in back to back waves.

If it's not an AIM Soldier then I'd say it could be a new Kree especially given the 2 GotG themed figures. Zach said there would be 2 GotG themed figures (Ronan and IM) but I don't think he said it would only be 2 GotG figures.

Eight different figures. Not themed, a pretty diverse group. Avengers, X-Men, GOTG and Spider-Man. No overlap with 60. BUT one overlap with 59.

1. Iron Man/Ronan. No other GOTG-related characters.

2. New costume/re-do. Ties in to another box set.

3. New costume/army builder.

4. Re-do/Re-do.