UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 19

Nessex

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think often here long time collectors forget what "in need of an update means" I agree with the mentality that if a mate is now nigh-impossible to find that it deserves a re-release and if the mate has a chance to be improved in that release than by all means go for it

Personally I think Mysterio and Quicksilver are great updates (Mysterio mainly for the pallet swaps). Quicksilver's hair is AWESOME (and the sole reason he required an update) is it a wolverine movie hair (which is what I ended up using in a custom) or a new mold?

this wave is complete win for me

1. Quicksilver is a much needed update

2. Mysterio looks better than the original, much more dynamic

3. any Spidey variant from Slott's run is more than welcome for me (Big Time and both Superior's are my current favorite Spidey mates)

4. Vision both needs more love and I always love getting modern comic looks

5. Wolverine is very much wanted, love all of Anka's designs and I need this to go with my Marvel Now collection

6. Ironman same as Wolverine, much needed design, very cool looking mate, always up for more armors

7. RONAN!!! one of my top wishlists wants (up there with Avalanche so touche DST ;) )

i think often here long time collectors forget what "in need of an update means" I agree with the mentality that if a mate is now nigh-impossible to find that it deserves a re-release and if the mate has a chance to be improved in that release than by all means go for it

Personally I think Mysterio and Quicksilver are great updates (Mysterio mainly for the pallet swaps). Quicksilver's hair is AWESOME (and the sole reason he required an update) is it a wolverine movie hair (which is what I ended up using in a custom) or a new mold?

this wave is complete win for me

1. Quicksilver is a much needed update

2. Mysterio looks better than the original, much more dynamic

3. any Spidey variant from Slott's run is more than welcome for me (Big Time and both Superior's are my current favorite Spidey mates)

4. Vision both needs more love and I always love getting modern comic looks

5. Wolverine is very much wanted, love all of Anka's designs and I need this to go with my Marvel Now collection

6. Ironman same as Wolverine, much needed design, very cool looking mate, always up for more armors

7. RONAN!!! one of my top wishlists wants (up there with Avalanche so touche DST wink.png )

We both became members here around the same so I guess we're both long time collectors & yet again I don't disagree with a word you've said in the above post .

My point is that I am surprised....yeah let's call me 'surprised' to see revisions of QS & Mysterio in a TRU wave....not gutted,not angry , not outraged.....surprised! If they had been in 'Best of wave' then I would be singing from the rooftops. I'm personally not in the camp that doesn't want updates ( check out the 'Best of minimates' thread which I inaugurated when no-one else seemed particularly interested) I regularly applaud the revisionist 'mates we get in those waves......& elsewhere. Luke's terrific box set is another example of some wonderful updates that trounce previous items.........I won't embarrass him or I over how many sets of them I've ordered from him despite my love (which continues) of the first Carnage we got. I like the old, I like the new but undoubtedly I like new characters the best.

Yes I embrace updated Minimates & if characters such as Quicksilver & Mysterio are considered to be 'nigh-impossible to find' then I guess bring 'em on again ......Mysterio is undoubtedly expensive on ebay whilst Quicksilver is mysteriously scarce on ebay which truly flabbergasted me . ohmy.png

TRU Wave 18 was nigh on perfect for me, spectacular new versions of a villain,a villain's drone & an army builder ,a Cap, a Wolvie (very nice) & a Thor , ....& two new beautiful grails I've been clamouring for for years ...........check it out I never moaned once except to say....

.....it was nigh impossible to find. biggrin.png

PS I'd like a link to wherever the new Pietro minimate is shown please.

Going by the database, it looks like the locator's been on every single TRU assortment bar the Captain America: The First Avenger wave. I mean, it's not like TRU's going to have any direct competition on this wave, in particular. People knowing where to find other figures in the line could only help, I'd imagine, especially in cases of split teams, such as Gamora being exclusive to specialty (not that that stopped people from panicking over that one...)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...