UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 19

Nessex

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with Valo on the redesigns, I'd gladly pass on a wave of redos.

Very happy to see a new TRU assortment and hope they will be available in a wide selection of TRU locations. Unfortunately, being a bronze age fan and not a Marvel Now fan,or a redo fan there isn't much here for me.

I'll gladly purchase classic Ronan, it looks great from the teaser photo.Hats off to DST for finding a slot for him after not making it into the four pack. I'm more than satisfied with the original Mysterio but I'll buy this one to use his head for an Orb custom. No knowledge of that Spidey look but pretty sure that armor can be used elsewhere for a custom. Don't need the two Avengers and will definitely pass on the wave 59 Sentinel. Those shoulder pads drive me nuts in every photo I've seen. DOFP Sentinel would've made me jump and I'd have grabbed a few packs.

Who'd pass on a wave full of redesigns of A-listers?

Isn't that what this wave is? I don't mean that in a negative way, but I don't know if it's wise to start campaigning for a wave of redos when we get so many already. The good news is you're almost guaranteed to get all the redesigns you want, but hopefully they'll be spread around instead of filling an entire wave.

In a way yeah, it is. But there are still some great new costumes out there, namely Pimp Suit Moon Knight and the new Ghost Rider. I want more classic stuff but seeing as I started off with Ultimate and then got into 616 the very, very old school stuff aren't my cup of tea. I like some and I am indifferent to some. TBH, I'd take pimp suit Moon Knight and all new Ghost Rider over Toad any day of the week. I know, I know, blasphemy and all that, but I don't have any emotional investment in Toad or Mastermind.

I'm more of a "out with the old and in with the new" person (with a few exceptions) when it comes to comics so the re-dos and all-new, now!, ultimate, superior, etc waves/characters are my favourites. So yeah, I'd love to see one or two "new" waves at either lcs and/or tru every year. Thing with the classic is that when you have tons of material to adapt so they can fit an entire wave with a certain story-line/era. But when it comes to re-designs you only have the A and B listers in new costumes, so most of them are grouped together.

I am not much of an A-List character fan but I have to say I love this wave and how they announced it. Most of these are packs I only want one character but that's life. I need more Sentinels for the Danger Room so will pick up that set. If I ever get to SEE the GOTG figures I would display Iron Man there but would buy this purely for Ronan. We are just two off then from having The Annihilators. As for Quicksilver and Vision. I had forgotten my classic Vision was a custom. Lame I know. Still would want this set since I feel like Pietro can use an update and hoping for an X-Factor presence in 60. I may rotate out Visions but will wait to see. Either way he is a great looking figure I'm just not a huge Vision fan to display multiples. Mysterio I missed out on the first time and I will be buying two just to make an Orb as well. Spidey is just there as usual.

To be clear Kostisfire, I'm not arguing that the versions and characters should not be made, I just don't want to see them all released together at the expense of the new. To me, the ideal formula for redos or new versions of major characters is "Major character with new hat/New character" That way the old and new fans have something to gain. I think part of my hesitance to embrace the new Mysterio is I still remember when the first Spider-Man/ Mysterio two pack was announced, and now we have a second one with the same two characters. If Spidey had been the Kaine Scarlet Spider, I'd be more on board.

It's only common sense that A-listers be included. The average customer that enters a TRU most likely isn't a comic book ethusiast who would know the vast amount of characters within the Marvel Universe. The line wouldn't have survived this long relying completely on the demand of avid collectors. In order to draw in new collectors or sell to the average American child you have to include characters who are widely recognized.

To be clear Kostisfire, I'm not arguing that the versions and characters should not be made, I just don't want to see them all released together at the expense of the new. To me, the ideal formula for redos or new versions of major characters is "Major character with new hat/New character" That way the old and new fans have something to gain. I think part of my hesitance to embrace the new Mysterio is I still remember when the first Spider-Man/ Mysterio two pack was announced, and now we have a second one with the same two characters. If Spidey had been the Kaine Scarlet Spider, I'd be more on board.

I 100% agree on that. What I mean is that when the re-designs hit, the A listers are only 4 or 5, while the B, C, etc... are many more. I'm not saying that you need to put all of them together, but you need 4 A listers to go along with the 4 B,C, etc.. (when talking about an 8 figure wave that is). That's what I mean by redesign wave, As and Bs together in their new costumes, not all As thrown in a wave.

It's only common sense that A-listers be included. The average customer that enters a TRU most likely isn't a comic book ethusiast who would know the vast amount of characters within the Marvel Universe. The line wouldn't have survived this long relying completely on the demand of avid collectors. In order to draw in new collectors or sell to the average American child you have to include characters who are widely recognized.

I never disagreed with that, I only stated that a mixture of new and old would be the best of both worlds for both new and long-term collectors. Since these are sold in two packs, you have the luxury of an anchor character but the secondary one can be absolutely anyone you want, and sometimes I feel like they don't exploit that to the best of their ability.

But I am not against this wave, I will pick up all of them, I'm simply saying that if I'm going to spend my money on these there is a way to do what I'm suggesting while still being marketable. That all being said, I suspect I'm going to love wave 60 which seems to be much more of what I'm describing.

Didn't Zach say back before wave 16 that TRU was less interested in the obscure characters now (probably due to the amount left on the pegs)? This seems like the kind of character mix we should reasonably expect. Most of the characters we don't have yet would seem to be a poor fit for TRU now.

Classic Vision might be a long shot, but we'll see what happens after AoU.

And we consider this a pretty mixed assortment of A and B list. Even with an anchor character, figure two can't necessarily be "anybody," but if you're specifically looking for characters that have never been made, I would increasingly look towards specialty, as those characters are not likely to make the cut at a mass retailer. Wave 60 will have several.

I have never been so happy that Marvel is killing Wolverine. Maybe, just maybe, there will be a year where he doesn't have to take up a space before they resurrect or retcon the whole death thing. Don't get me wrong, I really do like that look it's just that I can't help but feel disappointed getting another Wolverine while there is another likely never to be completed team. By the time a slot opens up for the possibility for All New X-Men X-23 Marvel will have changed the uniforms again. Ah well, I'm sure I'll be over it by the time they start hitting the shelves.

I have never been so happy that Marvel is killing Wolverine. Maybe, just maybe, there will be a year where he doesn't have to take up a space before they resurrect or retcon the whole death thing. Don't get me wrong, I really do like that look it's just that I can't help but feel disappointed getting another Wolverine while there is another likely never to be completed team. By the time a slot opens up for the possibility for All New X-Men X-23 Marvel will have changed the uniforms again. Ah well, I'm sure I'll be over it by the time they start hitting the shelves.

Its okay. Wolverine will still haunt our spaces during his death.

Legacy of Wolverine boxset

3 Wolverine's and a Funeral Wave

Weekend at Logan's 2 pack.

Actually, that wouldn't be so bad. Lady Deathstrike, All-new X-23, Daken's new costume and either Mystique or Sabertooth (Inverted or otherwise) wouldn't be so bad. They are the stars of the Logan Legacy mini after all.

Edited by Kostisfire

Actually, that wouldn't be so bad. Lady Deathstrike, All-new X-23, Daken's new costume and either Mystique or Sabertooth (Inverted or otherwise) wouldn't be so bad. They are the stars of the Logan Legacy mini after all.

I'd hate to hear what you'd consider bad.

Edited by stack32

I'd hate to hear what you'd consider bad.

Aren't people asking for an All-New X-23 to complete the ANXM team? Isn't Deathstrike really outdated when compared to newer mates? I get not wanting another Wolverine but why not all these other characters? Plus, different strokes for different blokes.

I hate Storm and Beast with a burning passion and I'd like to see those characters burn in Mephisto's realm for all of eternity, but I'm not going around critisizing the taste of those characters' fans. I love Daken and will take any variation of him. Deathstrike would be a needed update, X-23 is the last member of ANXM (Kitty is a fairly easy QC, FC jean body, yellow shoulder pads and Lara Croft's face and hair and you're done)and Sabertooth will be getting a new costume. So yeah, for me that'd be a pretty darn good box set.

Sorry, I didn't think you were actually being serious. X-23 I get. I've always thought Deathstrike was just a horribly ugly design. I would have thought the new Mystique would somewhat satisfy her fans but I could see why it might not. Sabretooth seems like a better bet for an Axis tie-in to me but maybe something Wolverine-related would be better.. And I didn't realize Daken actually had fans, but maybe his new costume is cool.

Sorry, I didn't think you were actually being serious. X-23 I get. I've always thought Deathstrike was just a horribly ugly design. I would have thought the new Mystique would somewhat satisfy her fans but I could see why it might not. Sabretooth seems like a better bet for an Axis tie-in to me but maybe something Wolverine-related would be better.. And I didn't realize Daken actually had fans, but maybe his new costume is cool.

Current Deathstrike has a pretty sweet costume actually. If DST follows suit with doing one or two box sets based on Marvel's summer event, then Original Sin is probably next, though since it doesn't have many designs maybe AXIS gets it spot. I could see it. But a Logan Legacy SDCC set makes a bit more sense to put him in. Or an All-New NOW! wave. As for Daken, he has quite a few fans actually. Most people on the forums seem to like him and his solo book was great. Plus, say what you want, but the man has style. I'd buy a box set just of Daken's outfits.