UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 19

Nessex

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful, in typical TRU.com fashion, it's any body's guess which set is missing Wolverine/Sentinel or Quicksilver/Vision. Hopefully, eventually, they'll get it sorted out and both sets will be available.

based on my inability to find anymore packs than the original 2 i snagged, my guess would be Wolverine/Sentinel. i have been to several TRUs and I never see them again.

Edited by suicidewatch

so my TRU still had 2 packs of Quicksilver/Vision that have sat unsold on the pegs for 2 weeks (as of this morning). i had left them alone because I wanted to make sure any other collectors in town had a shot at them, but I am gonna go back in the store tomorrow and if they are still there then I am snagging them both. i gathered from the tru.com frustration post that this set has been a pain to get online and nobody wants to pay crazy ebay prices. instead of adding these to the glut of 20 dollar ebay listings I would be more than happy to trade them with anyone on here who can't find them (US only. sorry, I am not paying international shipping). my want/needs list is pretty varied.

*update*

well shit, they were gone. shouldn't have assumed.

Edited by suicidewatch

So the hole in the head is for ....er ...what ?

There's probably a peg in the mask.

So the hole in the head is for ....er ...what ?

Pleasure??? Your weird wink.png

Forgive me . I appreciate the hole in the head is there to take the peg of the mask (helmet ?) & you'll appreciate that I have , in the past, questioned the necessity of the 'peg & hole' design . I have accepted that some people might think it necessary.....I ,for one , don't . You could put that mask on backwards & it would make no difference to anybody..... except perhaps 'Peter'.cool.png Once the mask/helmet is removed we have a beautifully designed paint-job wrecked by the superfluous hole in the head ..........what on earth is going on the painted-masked head ? A hairpiece ?

Minimate parts can vary .....hands & feet are fairly renowned for dropping off but has anybody here had hassle with their helmets dropping off whistling.gif

Edited by buttheadsmate

I agree that the hole occasionally looks horrible, my least favorite being Professor X. But certain MM like Blob from XOW don't have hole pegs and look terrific. It's interesting why some have them and some don't.

I suspect it's not so much about the hole but about tooling for the mask that already includes that peg.

Toolings are phenomenally expensive. Altering the existing die or creating a new one could end the entire line. Even if it were affordable, people could be killed. Do you want that? Do you?!

Besides, we're gonna buy it anyway, hole or no hole.

I don't know if this is news, but tru.com has all of them back in-stock.

I thought so, too -- as I had already placed an order on Fri morn. But it's not. Apparently someone made a mistake by checking the "in stock" box (they're looking into the issue) -- just got off the phone with a CS rep since my whole order was cancelled. And they are not getting anymore. Was totally irate, too.

Interestingly enough (not), my cancellation email stated that I had ordered too many (just one) of each & that was the reason for said cancellation. Go figure.

My order went through. I only order one of each of Ezekiel and vison packs.

Really?? When did you place your order? I only ordered one of Spidey & Vision packs.