UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 19

Nessex

I'm guessing it's the typical post holiday store reset delay. Wave 18 wasn't found in stores until January 18, 2014 (per the MMDB), so I'm betting we see them in the next few weeks.

Unless TRU decided to just fill in the unearthed Atari 2600 E.T. cartridge landfill with TRU 19 and SDCC Bluntman & Chronic sets, as that is also a strong possibility.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to say I found Wave 18 on Jan. 8th I was hoping to find wave 19 around the same time but no luck yet

On a side note......we've only had one Marvel (non movie) wave at TRU in a whole year!? I guess I was spoiled in 2013 thinking 3 or so waves were the norm :)

We're almost to February and no sign of this wave yet. At this rate, 2015 isn't looking good. Of perhaps even greater concern, both of the TRU's closest to me are either out of stock on minimates or have limited/clearance quantities of Amazing Spider-Man 2 left. The TMNT waves appear to have moved very quickly and Marvel hasn't been re-stocked in quite some time.

TRU waves tend not to have hard release dates, at least not ones that are made public or shared with DST. The "official" date has historically been when the first person finds them in the wild. Forcing you to obsessively check your local store every few days, and possibly spend money on something else rather than leave empty-handed and disappointed, is a feature of this system, not a bug. :)

Can we please stop bumping this thread to ask if these are out yet? The first person that finds them will let us know, I'm sure.

I like to think everyone who has found them is just too shy to say anything

I think it goes a little like this, played out in hundred of homes across out great land, in fact the guy who goes to the very TRU you also shop at and left a full wave on the pegs is thinking this right now:

“well I should let everyone know they’re out... but I don’t want to brag, plus I’d feel bad if my TRU got them first and someone else has to wait two week... plus, my phone doesn’t take good photos and I’d be SO embarrassed if someone said ‘pics or it didn’t happen’ how could I defend my gentlemanly honor?! You know, I’m sure someone else will say something in an hour and I can chime in with a ‘me too!’ and that’ll be enough”

THREE WEEKS LATER (read in the Spongebob time narrator voice in honor of the new license!)

“Gee Wiz, still no one I can reply ‘me too’ to! Ah, golly, I don’t want people to not check their TRU’s if these are out, but I REALLY don’t want to send them to TRU if mine just got a sample case and everyone else won’t get them for another few weeks... plus I got a better phone but I already swapped around parts to make my perfect Vision and Quicksilver so I’d feel really bad having to explain why my pics aren’t accurate versions of the character... awegeeeze! what’s a guy to do...”

Atleast you guys live in the states , I live in Canada and TRU doesn't even stock mminimates I've only ran into on set and that was a clearanced avx box set ... so I've got Lukes and eBay Priddy much, I just hope I can find mysterio.