UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 19

Nessex

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day

Count mine as a vote for liking the holes, even for bald or masked characters. I like the customizability & accept it as part of the aesthetic of block figures. At the end of the day though, it doesn't matter either way to me.

At the end of the day.................. it gets dark .

The only reason for the hole in the head was for production purposes .......if there was another reason ask yourself why & how a pegged hairpiece is going to be interchangeable with a 'hole-less' headed Minimate ?

Pegged hairpieces have 0% more efficiency of 'staying on' than a non-pegged hairpiece . Pegged hairpieces have one chance of being applied to a non-holed head ...........that chance comes after the use of an x-acto .

Devil's advocate: Rufus' topknot, Lady Deadpool's or Nukpana's ponytail, any other "shallow" piece like a small cap (e.g. Glenn or Chef Duff's) or tiny hairpiece (e.g. Ult Hulk's hair or World War Hulk's hair). These would not stay on without the peg.

Totally in agreement re: x-acto though: I've performed that surgery before and will likely do so again. So a few more "un-holed" heads when appropriate would not be the end of the world for me. But to maximize possibilities, I say pegs are warranted, independent of the overall head-hole strategy for baldies.

But I think the thrust of my initial post was just to say that aesthetically, for me personally, I don't mind exposed holes. And there goes any chance I ever had of running for office...

Edited by elhonez

Krule!! Ha!

He'd make an awesome minimate - but i suspect if we got a d-list x-villain like him, we'd never hear the end of it from the 'we've had enough x-men' members of the MMMV. tongue.png

I have no idea who that character is, and I definitely have not had enough X-characters. If we got someone like "Krule" before we got 90's X-Factor or Generation X...I would be quite inconsolable. :(

BHM, so your point is that we have recently made SO MANY pegless Minimates lately, mostly aliens and ninjas and ninja turtles, that my love of interchangeability is unjustified? You are correct, I capitulate my emotions.

Clearly, if we are making so many pegless heads, the hole is NOT for production purposes. As far as I know, it is for stability and staying power, although now I want to ask. I cant say myself that a pegged hairpiece is just as likely to fall out as an unpegged hairpiece -- that would require a pretty broad sampling to say with any certainty. Some of the older, pegless figures seemed to do okay with their hats/masks (there are some, right?), but I have not done shake tests. Do pegless masks spin more freely, covering the face?

And as elhonez says, not every headpiece surrounds more than 50% of the head, or goes down far enough on the sides to grip, so it is absolutely necessary for some head attachments. Is that rare enough that you could just cast those heads special? I guess.

I am happy that some people like holeless heads. I am happy that some people like heads that can wear hats. I do think scrapping the pegs NOW would render the majority of headpieces incompatible with the new generation.

Magnets would, I imagine require additional testing. They might not even be allowed in the UK, I know there are strict rules.

Krule!! Ha!

He'd make an awesome minimate - but i suspect if we got a d-list x-villain like him, we'd never hear the end of it from the 'we've had enough x-men' members of the MMMV. tongue.png

I have no idea who that character is, and I definitely have not had enough X-characters. If we got someone like "Krule" before we got 90's X-Factor or Generation X...I would be quite inconsolable. :(

My thought is always wave relevance.

Do I think... let's say... Kluh is a more important mate than Toad? No. But if an Axis wave is being made, I assume we'll get Kluh. If 90s X-Force is finished off, I'd like to see a couple of minor characters make a showing who we wouldn't otherwise get, ever.

And you know I want 90s X-Factor as much as you, but X-Force is half done... let's wrap it up

But I still don't know who Krule is (and I'm too lazy to Google). If we need X-Force villains, give us Stryfe, Gideon, the friggin' MLF (I can't imagine we'd ever get a full team, but a Zero & Forearm would be awesome). Again, I would hate to have a bottom of the barrel character before ones I actually know. confused.gif

The flipside to the peghole debate is the Pathfinder Ghoul set. One character came with a black cape and hood. The other had a blue body and came with an alternate skull head. Immediately you think easy Skelator custom but then you realize that the skull head doesnt have a hole but the black hood has a peg. So the hood doesnt fit on the skull.

I get that. I'd hate to have Forearm without anyone else, but I guess Zero to go with Stryfe would be ok.

Krule was another eXternal, like Sam and Gideon and Selene. He was all purple with a long red braid and he made it into Toy Biz's line

-600-height-files0_0marveltoybiz0_0xforc

Then again, so did Killjoy lol

X-Men%20Killspree.jpg

Ha! I had that Krule toy when I was a kid. I thought it was the goofiest looking thing... and I lost the hairpiece eventually.