UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 19

Nessex

I'm really excited with this wave! I hope Quicksilver comes with classic Scarlet Witch, but then I'd prefer to have him in green just for accuracy. A new Vision is necessary since the last one is not quite good as a Vision mate should be.

As for the Sentinel, is it going to be the same from Days of Future Past boxset? I couldn't tell by the picture...

Well, we already got a great Scarlet Witch in the AvX boxset, unless you meant the Green Color Error one.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The photos remind me of a funny story about Phil (the band). Back in the 90s or so (before camera phones became so prevalent), whenever the lead guitarist was approached by a fan and asked if they could take a photo, the publicist would always say 'you get in the photo too and I'll take the photo for you.' Then he would purposely crop out everyone's head. It wasn't malicious or mean more of a joke.

And this is why nobody has ever heard of the band Phil.

Sentinel is Series 59 modern Sentinel. Both will come with tentacles and I believe both come with alternate damaged faces, although I need to double-check. Sorry some people think that Sentinel is bad/inaccurate; I think it's pretty nice, but I guess I'm the only one who's played with it so far. I don't know that it's based on a specific Sentinel model.

Zach, are you gonna blueball us tonight on that last reveal? wink.png

I guess that would be pretty harsh. Posting now.

Vision looks great and checks another must-have off my list!

you guys are doing a great job with the Marvel-Now looks Zach

and thanks for the instagram teases, they sure made my day tongue.png

Does Vision come with alternate limbs or is the one arm always gonna be mid-phase?

Edited by undeadpool

I'm really excited with this wave! I hope Quicksilver comes with classic Scarlet Witch, but then I'd prefer to have him in green just for accuracy. A new Vision is necessary since the last one is not quite good as a Vision mate should be.

As for the Sentinel, is it going to be the same from Days of Future Past boxset? I couldn't tell by the picture...

Well, we already got a great Scarlet Witch in the AvX boxset, unless you meant the Green Color Error one.

Gosh, I've always thought that green costume Quicksilver had for some time was intentional, not an error! lol

As for the Scarlet Witch, I was talking about her First appearance look, but I'm glad to have a new Vision, even if it's the current look. Great wave, I would just change that Sentinel, since we'll have two in wave 59, but anyway...

plf5jy8.jpg

designed and drawn by the fantastic Valero Schiti who also did the art for the Battle Beasts comic so its not the first time DST has done renditions of his work wink.png

also since it looks like no ones posted a link to the instagram pic

i8SQaZV.jpg

Edited by undeadpool

Doesn't Quicksilver still look like that, though?

He's a part of the new X-Factor so his costume is totally new. It's an orange and black bodysuit with a translucent eye-piece.

As for Vision, I'm glad they went with the NOW! look, as I like it a tad bit more than the classic one. As for the whole wave, I think it'll prove to be this year's 17. Mostly re-dos but they look so well done that I'm sure everyone will love them. Wolvie could have used some sculpted parts, but it's nothing an extra space-suit Wolverine can't solve.

Not sure how I feel about the Vision. I prefer the old one, but the new look is okay. I wish they would have used the old collared cape

Gosh, I've always thought that green costume Quicksilver had for some time was intentional, not an error! lol
As for the Scarlet Witch, I was talking about her First appearance look, but I'm glad to have a new Vision, even if it's the current look. Great wave, I would just change that Sentinel, since we'll have two in wave 59, but anyway...

Sorry, I meant that Scarlet Witch's was a color error. She has a green whimple and cape I believe.

I actually think the All-New X-factor costumes are the best the team has ever had especially when drawn by Kris Anka

Z1ysypM.jpg

there are very few Marvel Now looks that I dont want, Marvel has always been good about updating designs and id say their current initiative is the strongest yet

True that. NOW! has been excellent as far as redesigns go. They are modern adn slick, yet not too busy or armor-y (see the Nu52, where everyone has collars and armors). What I think is the "key" is that they didn't just change every character's costume, but they changed only those that made sense. Spider-Man was a new man, Cykes was a rebel, Wolverine lost his HF. I just hope that when the ALL-NEW! Wave happens (the last Q&A did give me some hope and come on, who'd pass on a wave full of redesigns of A-listers?) it contains the new Ghost Rider and Moon Knight. I'd also take Strange, Superior Tony, FalCap, Loki and Thor (Worthy and Unworthy). Hell, here's the line-up:

FalCap/Medusa

Thor(Worthy)/Loki

Superior Tony/Ghost Rider

Moon Knight/Doc Strange

TRU:

Moon Knight (armor)/Unworthy Thor

Medusa/Maximus

Hyperion/Deathlok

X-Face Cykes/Black Panther (re-do)

Well, I think I'll have more days where I don't visit the MMV - seems like more news happens lol. Anyway, thanks for posting all those pics Zach, much better than just seeing the line-up in one go! Guess I may as well throw in a few comments on this wave while I'm here.

First and foremost it's great to see that we finally have another TRU comic wave! That said, I'm in the camp that always prefers new characters over redos and then classic over modern, but I realise that TRU waves these days don't really go for obscure characters too much so this is probably as good as you can expect really. My random thoughts on the choices are:

Ronan: great - a new classic character and villain!!

Iron Man - no real opinion, not one of my favourite looks for him but if he gets us a ronan then he's all good in my book lol.

EOTE Spidey - not a look I know but a cool looking variant.

Mysterio - looks nice what I can see but I agree with those who didn't think he really needed updating as the first is very good. Seems like a slightly wasted opportunity to give us a new spidey villain or maybe an updated kraven with a sculpted vest if going down the redo route.

Quicksilver - a good update and nice to see a different avenger and so glad it's the classic look! Hope we get him in green soon too.

Vision - very welcome though would have liked the classic look in solid form more as we don't have that. However, he's a good choice with Avengers 2 in mind.

Wolverine/Sentinel - not to my taste really but I understand these kind of packs are probably needed to attract TRU to carry the line so fair enough.

Who'd pass on a wave full of redesigns of A-listers?

Isn't that what this wave is? I don't mean that in a negative way, but I don't know if it's wise to start campaigning for a wave of redos when we get so many already. The good news is you're almost guaranteed to get all the redesigns you want, but hopefully they'll be spread around instead of filling an entire wave.