UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 19

Nessex

I'm not saying he looks bad, I like the way the new dome looks.

And I understand that Sandman was in a big money movie, quality notwithstanding, but so was Pyro. Nudge nudge. Wink wink.

X2 did okay (not SM3 money), but we weren't making movie Minimates in 2003, or we'd probably have at least a movie version by now. (Albeit one that looks nothing like the comic version.)

Also, Minimates weren't as complex then as they are now, so things like tubes and flames were not common when the first Sandman came out.

Also, we started off with the Ultimate X-Men. I'm not even sure what Ultimate Pyro looks like.

While popularity and play patterns and Chuck's love of Spidey play their part, Sandman's five figures probably owe more to timing, tooling and licensing than anything else. If Pyro had returned for any X-movie, things might be different.

You'll get your Pyro.

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised to see Mysterio and Wolverine included in this wave. I didn't think there was any way to improve Mysterio but I dig the gold gloves.

Wolverine is just a waste, I would have much preferred X-23 or Kitty to go along with Wave 59.

Quicksilver was due for an update and makes sense since he is higher profile now. I hope we get a new Vision or Wasp with him.

The photos remind me of a funny story about Phil (the band). Back in the 90s or so (before camera phones became so prevalent), whenever the lead guitarist was approached by a fan and asked if they could take a photo, the publicist would always say 'you get in the photo too and I'll take the photo for you.' Then he would purposely crop out everyone's head. It wasn't malicious or mean more of a joke.

I'm loving this wave so far. Quicksilver desperately needed a new face and darker shorts. I've also always wanted an Ends of the Earth Spider-Man. The first Mysterious never really did much for me. The colors were a bit too muddled for my taste. Anyway I hope Vision is the last reveal!

this TRU wave is like an answer to my prayers

okay so the line up seems to be:

EOTE Spiderman/Mysterio

Godkiller Ironman/ Ronan

Anka Wolverine (YESSS)/59 Sentinel

Quicksilver/???

my guess would be an updated Vision or Marvel Now! Magneto

or maybe Crystal??

Edited by undeadpool

this TRU wave is like an answer to my prayers

okay so the line up seems to be:

EOTE Spiderman/Mysterio

Godkiller Ironman/ Ronan

Anka Wolverine (YESSS)/59 Sentinel

Quicksilver/???

my guess would be an updated Vision or Marvel Now! Magneto

or maybe Crystal??

STOP. JUST. STOP. My heart could not take it if we got a Crystal and my emotions cannot be toyed with.

We haven't revealed the line-up yet, but someone here has more or less guessed it. Only off by one!

whistling.gif

>

A few much needed B-list (entering A-list) re-dos, a few fairly modern costumes for the A-listers.

>>TRU 19 is maybe 50% '60s-friendly? Ronan and the three long-awaited re-dos could be considered '60s. Maybe even the army builder. But IM and the other two big heroes are very much modern.

Everyone else in 19 we've gotten comic Mates of before, but three not for a long time, and I believe all three have been asked for. Two are new (or recent) costumes for Marvel mainstays. One is a returning army-builder.

Eight different figures. Not themed, a pretty diverse group. Avengers, X-Men, GOTG and Spider-Man. No overlap with 60. BUT one overlap with 59.

1. Iron Man/Ronan. No other GOTG-related characters.

2. New costume/re-do. Ties in to another box set.

3. New costume/army builder.

4. Re-do/Re-do.

So far we have

GOTG Iron Man / Ronan

Spidey / Mysterio

Wolvie (new costume) /Sentinel

Quicksilver / Redo is all that is left.

I'd be up for Vision.

I actually don't mind Now/Anka Wovlerine, cause I like the outfit, but its inaccurate. Since he has the gauntlet claws due to the fact he can't use his normal claws, I may just try to make some. Another Sentinel is.. another sentinel, so not a big deal since I could always use some more. Hopefully AIM is up next with Army Build Redux 2.0 Eletric Boogaloo.

Mysterio, I love mine, but I can always use another, especially since you can use it to make the Orb quite easily, and for cheap. And I can reuse my smoke effect + Whatever DST includes with him (I'd imagine a clear or smokey version of Dr. Strange's Strange Tales Stand.

Excited for Ronan, but I don't like Godkiller Iron Man (I think the outfit is super ugly) and I prefer the Black/Gold one from a few TRU waves ago.

I'm really excited with this wave! I hope Quicksilver comes with classic Scarlet Witch, but then I'd prefer to have him in green just for accuracy. A new Vision is necessary since the last one is not quite good as a Vision mate should be.

As for the Sentinel, is it going to be the same from Days of Future Past boxset? I couldn't tell by the picture...

I'm really excited with this wave! I hope Quicksilver comes with classic Scarlet Witch, but then I'd prefer to have him in green just for accuracy. A new Vision is necessary since the last one is not quite good as a Vision mate should be.

As for the Sentinel, is it going to be the same from Days of Future Past boxset? I couldn't tell by the picture...

No, it's the wave 59 sentinel that comes with the Iceman and variant Bobby Drake

Edited by NerdyTrev