UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 19

Nessex

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For being a wave with a ton of redos, I find myself pretty excited about everything. The armor on that Godkiller Iron Man looks amazing, that Ends of the Earth Spidey looks sharp as all get out (I'm kinda surprised it took so long to get him), and Ronan is really just the icing on the cake. Can't wait to see the rest of them! And doubly can't wait to have them in my grabby little hands.

To be fair, I'm sure that all of the new versions will be better than the previous ones, I guess as someone who has been here since wave one came out, sometimes I get tired of people justifying a new release by saying "Well I don't have one so we need a new one." I tend to think in terms of, "None of us have one, so we need one."

I'm sure that's a strong factor into why DST releases them, though. Much moreso than concerns over whether or not a figure really "needs" an design pdate from a less refined version. Having said that, I don't recall those old school Pietro figures going for much on eBay. You could probably find one for $2 or so without much difficulty. In most cases, this isn't like Hot Toys, where "missing out" means paying out the rear for the older figure until it gets updated.

Edited by karamazov80

Oh dear God don't give them ideas.

All I'm saying is that there are definitely older 'mates that I definitely think do need an update, I've mentioned that the Leader, Abomination, and Chameleon all definitely don't hold up when compared to the new style, so it's just strange sometimes the choices they make in who gets updated and who doesn't. The fact that we have five Sandman 'mates is shocking to me when you consider the characters that we still haven't had.

Oh dear God don't give them ideas.

All I'm saying is that there are definitely older 'mates that I definitely think do need an update, I've mentioned that the Leader, Abomination, and Chameleon all definitely don't hold up when compared to the new style, so it's just strange sometimes the choices they make in who gets updated and who doesn't. The fact that we have five Sandman 'mates is shocking to me when you consider the characters that we still haven't had.

Comic Sandman needed an update. Those old Sandmans don't fit in at all anymore. I'm all for new characters more than anyone else here and I would prefer them over redos, but I won't turn down a needed update.

Quicksilver is in the spotlight just a little bit right now. Two spotlights, in fact. And if someone wants him mint-in-package, they'll probably have to pay more than $2, right? And is the guy browsing in Toys "R" Us going home and looking on eBay? Maybe, but that doesn't help our sales any.

Sandman was in one of the highest- grossing movies of all time.

Putting aside the specific number of years since the last version, updating Mysterio is as valid a choice as updating the Chameleon, or the Leader, I think. He's also just a cool-looking character. Abomination could use an update, but I imagine we'd probably want or need new parts. That limits how and when we can offer him.

I'm surprised to see Mysterio, I really didn't feel like there was anything wrong with the previous one, I'm sure this one will be good, but of all the Spiderman villains I felt like they pretty much nailed him the first time. I do hope he comes with a Quinton Beck unmasked head.

im pretty sure that was the idead i have mysterio and its probably one of the best minimates made before 2010 but that also means his price tag is gonna raise and suddenly new collectors are missing one of the most important spidey villains in their collections

I for one an very happy to be seeing a new Mysterio. The old one never did it for me. I much favor gold gauntlets and boots over the white we were given.

Very happy to see a new Quicksilver as well, the old one is very dated.

I have no background on the Spider-Man variation. I will have to look up te Ends of the Earth just so I can know what I'm buying!

I was excited for a comic Ronan since before he was announced! I love all things Cosmic Marvel! Now I gotta get some Kree Soldiers to get a whole army!

Quicksilver is in the spotlight just a little bit right now. Two spotlights, in fact. And if someone wants him mint-in-package, they'll probably have to pay more than $2, right? And is the guy browsing in Toys "R" Us going home and looking on eBay? Maybe, but that doesn't help our sales any.

I wasn't making an argument that QS shouldn't be made, so much as I didn't understand why anyone would only go after the new one because the old one was perceived as really hard to get or something (though I could be wrong on that, secondary market prices for these guys isn't my area of expertise anymore). I think he most definitely did need an update, and will also appeal to the more casual Minimate collector comic fans who will likely make up most of the sales for any given pack. So, a great choice for a new release and one that I will definitely pick up.

SWEEEEET.

Thanks for sharing them, YB.

I think I'm gonna display comic Ronan next to movie Ronan and just call him Korath the Pursuer:

Korath_the_Pursuer.jpg

Obviously way wrong color (and not even same headpiece), but they still look similar as is. This way, since they're both great figures, and I love the movie design, I can justify the dual display, since I only have one per character on my shelves.

Plus, it's my collection, and I can call whomever by different names all I want! :P

I would definitely have put Mysterio in the "never need another" category (right there with Dr. Strange and Havok), but I'm not gonna bemoan his inclusion. Good luck improving on the original though.

Jazzed about Ends of the Earth Spidey. Slott's Spidey has certainly given you guys lots of great designs; I'm surprised you've only scratched the surface.

Quicksilver I would definitely put in the "yeah, he's due for an update" category, so bring him on.