UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 19

Nessex

• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just know Zach owns a green suit, purple tie, and bowler derby...

Figure 1 (not made in a long time/60s) Kraven

Figure 2 (not made in a long time/60s) Bulked-up Rhino

Figure 3 (not made in a long time/60s) Captain Mar Vell

Figure 4 (New/recent costume) Captain Marvel

Figure 5 (New/recent costume) X-23

Figure 6 (returning army builder/Possibly 60s) Sentinel

Figure 7 Ronan (Possibly 60s)

Figure 8 Iron Man (Modern)

Final answer. Till Zach says otherwise Edited by Mnemosis

A few much needed B-list (entering A-list) re-dos, a few fairly modern costumes for the A-listers.

TRU 19 is maybe 50% '60s-friendly? Ronan and the three long-awaited re-dos could be considered '60s. Maybe even the army builder. But IM and the other two big heroes are very much modern.

Everyone else in 19 we've gotten comic Mates of before, but three not for a long time, and I believe all three have been asked for. Two are new (or recent) costumes for Marvel mainstays. One is a returning army-builder.

Eight different figures. Not themed, a pretty diverse group. Avengers, X-Men, GOTG and Spider-Man. No overlap with 60. BUT one overlap with 59.

1. Iron Man/Ronan. No other GOTG-related characters.

2. New costume/re-do. Ties in to another box set.

3. New costume/army builder.

4. Re-do/Re-do.

Iron Man / Ronan

Scarlet Spider / Kraven...Vulture...Electro...Mysterio?

Wolverine (2014 suit) / Wave 59 Sentinel

Quicksilver / Vision

Edited by youbastards

I'm very surprised all of you guys are guessing Spiderman villains as the compliment to the box set, I asked about villains at one point and at no point has Zach ever confirmed that there was a single villain in this wave. I'm always hopeful we get villains in a wave, but I think you guys might be disappointed this time.

The thing is... What 60s era Spider characters would compliment the box set?

Otherwise, we have a pair of X-themed boxsets. So we borrow a figure from wave 59 - none of them would mesh in a set designed to compliment either the X-Force or DoFP set, except the Sentinel, but it's the WRONG Sentinel. So the figure from 59 would be part of one set while there'd be another set complimenting an X-box set. Then we're back to your final set having to represent both Spider-Man AND the Avengers. Doable, sure, but it seems less than likely...

I could be splitting hairs here, but would two more Spiderman villains really complement the Deadly Foes box set? It's not the Sinister Six, so it would just be two more villains in his rogues gallery. I'm not going to be upset about it if you're right, but I'm not sure about that one.

I don't think "complement" needs to mean "complete the team."

Hell, for my money, I hope I'm wrong. I'd take any two members of Capullo's X-Force (or one member and Stryfe) over Kraven any day (I know, I know...) However, we have to consider the other clues, too. They'd be new costumes/characters, not redos. And yet, not modern at all. Same for anything tying into the DoFP set.

If you consider Ronan a villain, which I absolutely do, then there are three villains in this assortment -- four if you count a character who has been far more good than bad. Sorry I did not see the question. Lots of questions and speculation here.

And not to be splitting hairs, but did I use the word "complement"? I see "ties in to," but I think "complement" was someone else's word. If you're going to question who teamed up with who when and who fought who when, then it might not match up.

I'm just trying to keep Ultimate characters out of 616 packs at this point. We almost had a riot last time.

If you consider Ronan a villain, which I absolutely do, then there are three villains in this assortment -- four if you count a character who has been far more good than bad. Sorry I did not see the question. Lots of questions and speculation here.

Maybe Black Knight in place of Mar Vell? Still, though... assuming the Sentinel is correct, that means one of the Spider-Man tie in figures is wrong as that would be too many villains. So.. Bulked up Rhino aaaaand...?

Peter Parker or maybe web wing Spider-Man. Final answer.

And not to be splitting hairs, but did I use the word "complement"? I see "ties in to," but I think "complement" was someone else's word. If you're going to question who teamed up with who when and who fought who when, then it might not match up.

I'm just trying to keep Ultimate characters out of 616 packs at this point. We almost had a riot last time.

Ok so this could be Banshee, SUnfire or Rogue since they all had a little shade in their past.

Bu-but I like the Ultimate characters and designs....

F Ultimates

Ultimates 3 was bad. Reaaaally bad, but come on. Ultimate Spider-Man was great. Same goes for X-Men and F4 up until Ultimatum. And the first 2 Ultimates were damn great. Hell, I even enjoyed the various minis they put out (Iron Man, Thor,etc). The Hickman series was fantastic as well. Besides, the Ultimate you wasn't supossed to recycle classic stories and have the exact same characters. It was designed to offer a modern and different take and it did just that.

There are still some Ultimate characters I'd like to get, like the rest of the Ultimates: Widow/Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver, Giant Man/Wasp. At any rate, I think Zach wasn't so much referring to a general dislike of the Ultimate U so much as this specific set featuring one 616 character and one Ultimate character: pack1162f_lg.jpg

(Hail Ivan!)

Anyway, I'm still guessing that Quicksilver will make an appearance in this wave. And that's probably the only guess I will hazard.

The MCU has pretty much become what the Ultimates brand started out as....it's time for Marvel to put it to rest.

Yeah, the current Ultimate U is in a really bad shape (FF got cancelled, Ultimates is awful and the only good book is the Miles one) and it's time for it to finally die. But I wouldn't be against Marvel creating Ultimate 2.0. Basically a new universe contained in 3 or 4 titles. The thing I liked about it was that you could just buy these 4 books and a couple of minis here and there and you could know everything. In the regular Marvel U half a story is published on Spider-Man and the other half on Scarlet Spider. One third on Nova, another one Iron Man and another on X-Men. I understand the marketing policy but it creates some problems for the readers.

There are still some Ultimate characters I'd like to get, like the rest of the Ultimates: Widow/Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver, Giant Man/Wasp. At any rate, I think Zach wasn't so much referring to a general dislike of the Ultimate U so much as this specific set featuring one 616 character and one Ultimate character: pack1162f_lg.jpg

(Hail Ivan!)

Anyway, I'm still guessing that Quicksilver will make an appearance in this wave. And that's probably the only guess I will hazard.

I'd buy anything from the Ultimate U because of 2 things:

1) I started reading comics with Ultimate Spider-Man and sometimes the F4 (when the shop had an issue at stands) so the Ultimate U will always be "my" U. I prefer the canon 616 versions but I still love it, I can't help it.

2) Most of the costumes are kick-ass. They have this modern yet comic book-y feel about them and it just works. Plus, the teams weren't as big and you can easily complete the various rosters. Goblin Hulk is one of my most wanted figures, alongside Ultimate F4 and Moon Knight.