UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ohi everyone!

Hello! Long time board lurker here. Thought I'd introduce myself and post some pictures of my collection.

I've been collecting since 2011 when my friend turned me on to it. I've never really liked collecting figures, since they take up a lot of space, so Minimates are perfect. My collection's not as big as some of yours (the prices on some of the older guys is nuts!), but I've managed to snag some decent gets from eBay. I used to work at Toys 'R' Us, so my friends that work there still let me know when the new waves show up. biggrin.png

I'm only really into the Marvel and Walking Dead series, but my girlfriend has been trying to persuade me into picking up some of the DC characters since she loves any of the Lantern stuff. I'm not too into getting every version of the different characters, and just try to stick with getting the definitive version and throwing that into my display.

Below are some pictures. The display is still under construction as I'm trying to get more buildings, and I'm probably going to put something down to make it look like there is a street (Sorry about the bluriness. My phone kind of sucks!)

post-6503-0-71875000-1406504223_thumb.jp

post-6503-0-36329300-1406503995_thumb.jp

post-6503-0-97133700-1406504012_thumb.jp

post-6503-0-65167200-1406504033_thumb.jp

post-6503-0-26260600-1406504068_thumb.jp

post-6503-0-71760100-1406504083_thumb.jp

post-6503-0-38582400-1406504104_thumb.jp

Ha - 'Brock Pest Control'. That's cool. What a fun way to display your colelction.

Welcome to the MMMV smile.png

Edit: Is AntMan punching Wasp in the face? ohmy.png

Edited by Nessex

Nice display! What chopper is that you used for Ghost Rider?

Thanks! The chopper is from a C3 WWE construction set called "Undertaker's Entrance". I found it at Toys 'R' Us this past Saturday. They were having a 30% off sale on them, so it was fate.

post-6503-0-98926400-1406508049_thumb.jp

It also comes with some cool undead-y, demon-y looking stuff. Not sure how I'll incorporate them, but they were worth keeping.

post-6503-0-59776900-1406508191_thumb.jp

The only problem I had is that Mr. Ketch's coat tail is too long for him to ride

it. Luckily, since I don't have any spares at the moment, the Undertaker

figure that came with the set had a little leather jacket I can use as a

place holder. Probably gonna replace him with a Johnny Blaze as soon as

I can.

Ha - 'Brock Pest Control'. That's cool. What a fun way to display your colelction.

Welcome to the MMMV smile.png

Edit: Is AntMan punching Wasp in the face? ohmy.png

Hey, thanks!

Yeeeeah, he is. My friends always bring up the time Hank smacked around Janet whenever we talk about them. I was actually debating if I was going to put him on the villain side, since we say he's one of the worst in the Marvel universe.

Edited by Tommy Wiseau

Welcome to the 'verse!

I agree with the other guys, great display!

If you want to get some DC 'mates for your girl, make sure to check the Want/Have sections. I'm pretty sure you'll find what you need.

Thanks a ton! You do some really nice custom work.

I'll see what's what in the Flea Market. That's a great tip. smile.png

Welcome! smile.png

Welcome to the Multiverse!

Thanks, guys! It's really great meeting everyone.

Luke, I actually ordered a bunch of 'mates from you last month, and everything went extremely smoothly, so double thanks for that! Can't wait for the Spidey Foes boxset!

Edited by Tommy Wiseau

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the club. Love your display... oh that deadpool, what a riot! lol

Hey, thanks! I'm glad you appreciate him. I used to have word balloons stuck to him in my old display commenting that it sucks he has to stand around all the time.

So I've been trying to get the display more city street-ish by adding in more buildings and props. Worldworks games has a ton of paper craft items that I printed out and have been sticking in it. I also found out that the Kubrick line had a bus stop, so I hunted one down and put it in.

post-6503-0-59288800-1407711870_thumb.jp

I think the best thing I found was that somebody put together a few papercraft buildings for Heroclix. They had a Daily Bugle, which was pointless because I already have a Bugle, and a huge Baxter Building that would be too big. The one I thought was perfect was the Sanctum Sanctorum.

post-6503-0-70159900-1407711977_thumb.jp

I also picked up some Heroclix 3D objects like the Gem of Cytrorak, Fin Fang Foom's Toe, and the Eye of Agamotto. You'd think they would be too small, but they're actually just the right size. Once I can borrow my girlfriend's camera, I'll take some action shots.

Just need to fill out the rest of the display with a couple more buildings, and I need to find a skyline image to put behind it so it's not just blank wall. Then I can say it's pretty much doneish.

• 2 weeks later...