UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel announces 3 new Star Wars books

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54386

http://www.starwars.com/news/sdcc-2014-inside-marvels-new-star-wars-comics-exclusive

Marvel announced these 3 last night. A new Darth Vader series, a Leia series and a general Star Wars one. All these are ongoing and I'll be surely picking them up, since these are the new canon (everything else besides I-VI, Clone Wars and Rebels, is fan-fiction). I just hope that down the line they either re-introduce the EU or make up their own. The O3 are good, but we need some fresh stories. I have to say though, I'm quite excited. Disney is getting on the Star Wars track and who knows? If TNBC does well, Star Wars mates may not be such a far fetched dream after all...

So, will you picking these up? Are you frustrated that everything SW related of the past few years is not canon?

Edited by Kostisfire

Having two daughters named for eu characters (Mara Jade and Jaina) and having read and own everything SW literature from comics to ya books and novels to guides, encyclopedias and source books, I am sad/mad that it is not canon. I am happy that they will continue SW literature I just hope it is on the scale of what we have had cause I crave it and eat it up. I am optimistic that the quality will be on par if not better than what has come before though.

Having two daughters named for eu characters (Mara Jade and Jaina) and having read and own everything SW literature from comics to ya books and novels to guides, encyclopedias and source books, I am sad/mad that it is not canon. I am happy that they will continue SW literature I just hope it is on the scale of what we have had cause I crave it and eat it up. I am optimistic that the quality will be on par if not better than what has come before though.

I hear you. I'm not that well versed into the EU but everything I've read was great. I like the OT as much as the next guy but there is only so much you can do between IV and V. I believe most if not all EU characters will become non-can, but I hope that after SW picks up some steam, they will re-visit the EU or create their own.

• 2 months later...