UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Woes...

I've had my fair share of minimate drama. From attempting to collect all DC's as my first line without knowing they were not being made anymore, from seeing a gold spidey at a comic book store and not purchasing it, to my recent multiverse blank debacle. I hope I have not offended anyone as much as Toys R Us has me lately.

I recently moved to Arizona from Chicago and due to the lighter traffic and general abundance of TRU stores I thought, why not go buy some new minimates?

I've tried 5 locations. I've seen three tomb raider 2-packs and one ASM2 pack. The stores are supposed to have them...at least I think so.

Quotes from employees and managers :-

"we have some lego guys, those are minimates "

"playmobil minimates, we have tons"

"i play warhammer, you may be able to find them at a gaming store"

"heroclix are more fun man"

"those might be too small for your son, have you tried duplo?"

One for each store. I don't often get enraged over toys...that changed today.

/endrant

Now's not a great time to buy minimates at TRU. There was a big sale recently and minimates were marked down significantly. GotG are hitting now, but otherwise I don't think anything has hit recently, so I'd expect shelf presence to be light at best.

These visits have occurred since the 1st of June. And nothing...there weren't even any on clearance. I'm happy to give Luke's all my business, but I hope one day soon TRU has minimates available.

Regardless, silly post I suppose. I feel better now that I've seen the SDCC pics.