UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

F.O.O.M. Club

thereasonsy

Wow - i do nto recognise any of those folks. LOL.

Thanks for the linkage MisterPL.

Well, i'd definiately *still* be interested in something more like an exclusive toy subscription club. But i'd need to see the details frist. Whether such a club would even be open to Australians is another matter entirely.

Amen! Fu**ing "ToyGuru" always blames customers when sales didn't go well.

I saw a quote from him one time where he said sales on the MOTUC Wind Raider didn't justify doing another vehicle, even though the thing SOLD OUT. How can you do better than that?

It's impossible to please everyone. What one person loves, another person hates. And with thousands upon thousands of people asking for different things, no matter what you do, there will be a vast majority that will be disappointed.

That said, MattyCollector chooses to listen to no one, offer products no one wants, then blames them for not buying them.

If they had done their DC subscription lineups solely out of the myriad of fan suggestions, it'd still be going for at least a few years more, instead of dying after 2013. You'd still have a large portion of people crying about "nothing good", but it's better than everyone crying about "nothing good".

I'm not ashamed to say I was one of way too many who purposely had our card on file declined when Batzarro went up.

F*** them.

I would be all in it for Minimates, as I'm a completist so it doesn't really matter who they'd make, and they'd be infinitely less expensive than the DC Universe figures; but I also know that Chuck is an infinitely better businessman than Scott, so it wouldn't be sh***y lineups.

Edited by TENIME_art

I'd be happy with just a "Shut Up Multiverse" assortment of 6 two-packs, one every other month or something. They could build up teams for Inhumans, The Brotherhood, lesser known Avengers, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, as well as supporting characters for Hulk, Daredevil, Thor, etc.

I should stop, I'm getting excited for something that's not happening.

I'm a nigh-Marvel-Minimates-completist, so I would be likely to subscribe to such a thing.

I wonder what it would take to make a subscription viable.

Despite being a Ghostbusters fan and a DCUC collector, I never subscribed to the Matty's respective subscriptions. Each month, with tax and shipping, a figure would come out to almost $30. Tough for me to justify.

I wonder what the upper limit for a 2-pack minimate would be for me. If I could get a 2-pack for $15 shipped, I would do it.

Another hurdle for the Matty subscription is that because it is a subscription, you'd be lock in for an entire year of $30 figures (6 or 12 of them depending on the line).

Would it be possible for Minimates simply to survive on preorders on a month to month basis? Minimates would be designed (maybe even purely only in design sheets), but would only get produced if they reached a prepaid preorder of 1500 units, for example. I don't actually know what the production size needs to be to be worth it.

And designs wouldn't necessarily go to waste, because there is an ongoing Marvel Minimates line, which a few unproduced stragglers could sneak into.

YEah - they were pretty awesome. I always drolled over them and wished they'd make them available to Australia. I picked up a Multiple Man on eBay a few years back.

If they made it reasonable to buy multiple sets for those of is who like to have extras...

... and if they released characters and teams that have been requested for years and no regurgitated Spideys, Caps, etc. please...

... then I'd be all over this shit. Even if there was an entrance fee of $20 or $30 dollars to get into the club.

I feel like the figures would need to have minimal tooling for this to work financially, kind of a return to simple figures of yesterday.

Also, can we just pool our money and hire Fwoosheyman to make these for us?

Sorry but I'm way too slow and anal retentive to make customs for others. But I'm glad you like my work.

As for a subscription service, I've gotta agree with others and I don't see anyway this could happen. DST doesn't have the manpower to do it and there needs to be more products to make it profitable and worth the time/cost. Unless you charge really high prices which would then decrease sales.

Outsourcing it adds even more costs and brings in the possibility of it becoming "Mattycollector v2.0" and you end up paying $11 for shipping and handling for one figure and it takes 2-3 weeks to arrive.