UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Nightmare Before Christmas

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well to be honest, they openly say they don't really care for minimates, i've argued with them that there is a market for them. but they don't order them anymore. and they just said the owner is keeping it. i was very disappointed, i'm surrounded by 3 shops 2 on staten island and 1 in NJ that openly said they don;t like minimates. iv'e spoke about them many times, the comments were not out of no where. i always ask em why they don't get the new waves ( for example the last few waves )

The shop near me that's going to display it for the future line is like that Rocco, they told me they hardly order any of the 2 packs because they have to order a whole case and have sets that don't sell (Which I kinda understand since I just went in there and only bought a Gamora set) but it still kinda sucks they won't be selling or giving Jack away as a prize, especially since it's possible they won't order the series anyway.

The same store has given away full 2 packs in the past when they had a Walking Dead midnight release for All out War.

I have 1 shop that said they didnt have them until right before Halloween, and originally they thought they would be giving them away when they open at 11 while I'm at work, but then they stopped me at my car to tell me but is going to sell them on the 31st for $25. I said I would get out of my car and buy a game right now if they will give it to me today and they didn't want to break the street date. Then I said what if I buy a game on the 31st, will they give it to me then? And the lady told me the manager would probably said "I'll have to think about it." And I said ok and drove off.

Then I called another comic shop whose owner who I have talked with about his lack of stocking minimates and left a message for him about my plight, and I'm now waiting for a call back on whether he will give me one.

In the meantime, 25 for a promo I wont see for a year in stores, I feel like that's reasonable. What do you guys think?

This stuff drives me insane. Is it a promo or do I have to buy one? Why is this so complicated?

yeah, I didnt say anything to my LCS....like...."This was a promo you guys got for free...."

I just paid them money and bought it. oh well. win some lose some.

It was a promo for retailers. What they do with it is up to them, but it's meant to promote knowledge and anticipation for NBX Minimates among retailers. (And, of course, encourage Comicfest participation.) As some stores will apparently be using it to promote the full line next year, it seems to be working.

I was able to score 2 of these from my comic book shop today. I have opened one and the other is up for trades. I have specific wants as far as a trade goes, so you can check that out in WANTS and HAVES trade thread.

UPDATE: Jack has been traded.

Jack.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE

My LCS said I could get one from them but that they were told to sell it for $5. I can pay that as it beats evilBay prices right now.

I just snagged one of these offa Amazon (of all places). $15.00 plus shipping... but it's better than twice that.

My girlfriend adores this property, so I'm posting a few questions for ZACH from both of us:

1) Is this stuff set for next Halloween/Christmas? Will it be a continuing line throughout the year, annual or just for 2015?

3) I know you mentioned making supporting characters and that preview images of 10-12 were showed at NYCC. Think we'll see those anytime soon?

4) There are plans for Zero, right? Funtime accessories, like the spoon with holes, jack o'lanterns and spooky Christmas gifts?

Edited by Mystery Man

I have 1 shop that said they didnt have them until right before Halloween, and originally they thought they would be giving them away when they open at 11 while I'm at work, but then they stopped me at my car to tell me but is going to sell them on the 31st for $25. I said I would get out of my car and buy a game right now if they will give it to me today and they didn't want to break the street date. Then I said what if I buy a game on the 31st, will they give it to me then? And the lady told me the manager would probably said "I'll have to think about it." And I said ok and drove off.

Then I called another comic shop whose owner who I have talked with about his lack of stocking minimates and left a message for him about my plight, and I'm now waiting for a call back on whether he will give me one.

In the meantime, 25 for a promo I wont see for a year in stores, I feel like that's reasonable. What do you guys think?

If a Minimate that was produced in numbers of 3000 is worth (?) $25 upwards then what are minimates worth (?) that have been produced in numbers less than 1000 ?

Be careful is what I think ......but what would I know ?

Not every store got them, it was based on participation level. Was an edition size publicized?

Mystery, it will be at least an annual thing, but we'll see how the first series does.

Art was very early, and Chuck doesn't like to show art before figures. Not sure how many tiny accessories we'll see, but interchangeable parts and alternate looks like we do will be common.

You know I think there may be another problem with shops getting these. I went to one of my local shops (the owner's a buddy of mine). He didn't know he was supposed to be getting one of these and said when he opened his ComicFest box that everything was together nicely. When he pulled all the items out, there was a crumpled up ComicFest bag at the bottom (among other stacked flat bags) so he figured it was trash and went to throw it away. It wasn't until he squeezed the bag a bit that he realized there was something inside it. He uncrumpled it and found Jack inside. Perhaps these should have been package better instead of a crumpled up bag at the bottom of the box. Just food for thought.

That is interesting.

.....& very sad .

So how many are comic shops getting?? So its not available to everyone??

Question 1 : How many ?

Answer : 3000

Question 2 : Direct availability to actual Minimate collectors ?

Answer : ? (Clue - name of Jack Skellington's pet ghost dog )

Edited by buttheadsmate