UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Nightmare Before Christmas

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, the only possible writer for New Bastard X-Men? Grant Morrison.

This concept has been on my mind all day, who do you think would make the lineup of such a team?

Well, this is a good question. Part of it depends on the way you read the title; are they whiny "my parents weren't married" bastards, or pithy Tarantino-esque bastards? Or both? That's probably best. I think it would probably read a lot like Peter Milligan's X-Force/ X- Statix, now that I think about it. So we'd need a U-Go Girl type: the manic pixie dream girl gone down the wrong path because her parents don't love her. And you'd need a brooding, humorless leading man- it's an X-Men title, after all- which is probably perfect for a son of Wolverine. Or maybe Skaar? He's a mutant, right? I'd think Nightcrawler counts, since I don't imagine his parents were married. He'd make a good mentor figure. For some reason I see Xorn on the team, but just because I really like Xorn. A reformed villain, of course... I dunno, any ideas?

So:

Manic Pixie Nightmare

Skaar

Nightcrawler

Xorn

Some reformed villain

That's a start. Need more babes, though.

@ Valo: Yeah, I thought of him too. I know he's Chuck's half-brother, but is he his illegitimate half-brother? Big question mark there.

@ Nervous: Love it! He also provides everyone with t-shirts.

I just want to reiterate that I am really excited for Nightmare Before Christmas Minimates.

Vehicles, uh? Hmm, let's see: Jack's Sleigh, the Bathtub(?) and the Mayor's car are the only ones I can think of.

They're still hypothetical at this point, and would need mass retailer support to happen, but two of those have already been designed. Fingers crossed!

Vehicles, uh? Hmm, let's see: Jack's Sleigh, the Bathtub(?) and the Mayor's car are the only ones I can think of.

They're still hypothetical at this point, and would need mass retailer support to happen, but two of those have already been designed. Fingers crossed!

That's splendacular! Man, I really hope this line does really well. Apart from the main characters, there are some really cool monster designs that would look right at home with the UM and our SPN Marvel characters.

Edited by Kostisfire

I'm very curious to see how they do Oogie Boogie. There's virtually no way to make him out of existing parts.

I'm thinking:

1)A head/chest-piece ala Clayface

2)"Shoulder pads"

3)glove-like arm extensions

4)Some thigh pieces

5)Boot-like pieces for his feet

I think this line, moreso than others, screams for playsets.... Jack's room, doc's lab, town square, etc...

I'd be all over that.

You should check the movie out Rob. It's pretty great, and now I always imagine Jack Skellington singing when I hear Oingo Boingo (which is quite a bit):

http://youtu.be/iypUpv9xelg

I have several of those Kubricks. The tree was a favorite of mine, because we got the little mini skeleton Kubs (the equivalent of the little Minimate dolls that came with Puppet Master).

• 2 months later...