UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
JeffBohn

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Awesome! These haven't hit my TRU's at all but a fellow on a facebook group is sending me the 2 unique sets so hopefully Ill be back to complete this week.

OK so I'm back up to a full set. I think I counted it out, between two waves of mates shared between 2 retailers, we got 14 new and uniquely sculpted characters. This is a ridiculously great amount for DST and a significant improvement on how waves have been presented before, including the first few waves constant reuse if the same jack and Sally. These have been so great they led me to buying my first select figures ever. The Walgreens Jack and KH Mickey Mouse. I even looked into more selects from NBXM with serious consideration for the first time.

This set of waves is also a breath of fresh air for me compared to the last few years of frustration with lines full of potential being hindered and canceled by treading too carefully. Maybe I'm in a niche but I think of minimates like Funko fans think of Pops. A consistent style I love, a variety of characters, and a deep roster. I did the same thing with marvel legends and DC classics back in the day. I don't like incomplete lines or lines cancelled after questionable character lineups and missed opportunities. These mates have turned around from cautious optimism to damn I am loving these and can't wait to see what's next! Cautiously of course.

Now as to these two waves, holy crap we have gotten a ton of parts for potential customs! These vampires are incredible, the Mer-woman, everyone has some new innovative part. The Cyclops is a personal favorite, his design is just awesome. Just have to add a peg hole of some kind. I've been buying extras of the Tru exclusives for a while to stock up on parts and I will continue to do so. These are freaking great!

Yeah, I was wondering how to stand Cyclops without just having to rely on carefully balancing him.

I have a few ideas up my sleeve, I'll let you know if anything sticks.

Can anyone hook me up with 4 (preferably non-GitD) Santa hats for a reasonable price, please? I'd rather not have to spend $28 with Menagerie for 4 full Santa Jacks or $44 for 4 full Santas... :confused:

Santa doesn’t actually come with the hat, only Santa Jack.

19 minutes ago, Onyx_6 said:

Santa doesn’t actually come with the hat, only Santa Jack.

Nope, Santa is not hatless!

fig2376f2lg.jpg

(HAIL IVAN!)

I was gonna say, my Santa is part of my decorations at home, and he was wearing one last I noticed...

And so is Jack in the same display, so I definitely didn't borrow from one to give to the other.

I guess I was thinking of the Blacklight Santa, who doesn’t come with one. But, I guess Jack had Santa’s hat at that point in the movie (it was on TV this morning), so he shouldn’t have it.

These have become my favourite minimates I think

Hellpop is hooking me up with two Santa hats. Can anyone else help with the last two, please? :)