The Nightmare Before Christmas

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/9/2016 at 5:47 PM, TENIME_art said:

Do Vinimates have any articulation?

The neck is ball-jointed.

Found the Hot Topic wave at the Danbury Fair Mall in CT. Got Mummy Boy and Behemoth for $4.25 total, through some odd combination of Buy Any NBX Item and get the second for $1 and maybe an unadvertised 50% off sale? Receipt accounting is confusing. Definitely left a Mummy Boy, not sure about Behemoth or Elf.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2017 at 7:44 AM, Polarboy said:

Nice wave, hope they arn't too hard to get I have really been enjoying the NBX mates. The only odd thing in my opinion is that you have gone green and not white for GITD ooggie boogie

Well, he glows green in the movie, and while I'd like to see the toy a bright green (like Speed Force Hulk), the translucent plastic supposedly makes them glow BRIGHTER, so I'm willing to give it the benefit of the doubt.

And they will be blister two-packs, so hopefully that makes them easier to acquire at specialty.

• 1 month later...

Zach, can you please clarify Wave 4?  BBTS still has the blind bags up for pre-order and they also have 2-packs sets for preorder, but there are only 3 2-packs in the set.  Is that correct?

Blind Bags:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DMC12679&mode=retail

2-packs:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DMC12837&mode=retail

The blind bags were cancelled. It looks like they may have only been OFFICIALLY cancelled this week, but they have been cancelled for a while now. Hopefully that info will get out to retailers quickly.

The Series 4 two-packs are only three two-packs, yes. But, there are two exclusive two-packs at TRU, instead of one, so the net number of different figures is the same. Seven new characters between the two.

It's cool to hear that the blind bags are done, at least with NBX. I ended up with so many extras. But I was able to make a few different Jacks with all of the extras, so that was nice. Plus an upside down printed face on Pajama Jack.

Jacks_zps1zv7idm8.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

From the C2E2 panel:

Regular wave:

IMG_0096_zps1vnwgs0a.jpg

TRU:

IMG_0097_zpsoi0lbgmc.jpg

It was mentioned that Igor would be a glow version at TRU. This is strange since we haven't gotten a regular Igor yet. Not sure if this was a mistake or if we will be getting regular Igor later (or maybe at Hot Topic with the glow Pajama Jack)?

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the specialty assortment of Series 5:

ANDFaxc.jpg

A Diamond Select Release! This new series of Nightmare Before Christmas Minimates will keep you up at night! The cast of creepy characters expands with three new 2-packs: Glow-in-the-Dark Santa Jack with Glow-in-the-Dark Mayor, the specialty-exclusive Corpse Dad and Corpse Mom, and two exclusive Vampires! Each 2-inch Minimates mini-figure features up to 14 points of articulation with fully interchangeable parts. Each 2-pack comes packaged on a full-color blister card.