UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Ugh... Wouldn't you know it? As soon as the Hot Topic wave started hitting stores, everybody was in a mad dash to secure those 3 desirable HT exclusive mates. I myself, was one of those desperate collectors. Upon finding out that Ottawa was lucky enough to have a Hot Topic in town, I made my way down there only to find out there were no NBX mates to be found. I kindly asked the sales clerk and she told me that she didn't know if they'd be getting any, but that she would put my name on a list and give me a call if they showed up. That was over a month ago. A week or two later the comic book shop wave came out, so I end up buying an entire case from my shop. I give HT a call on the odd chance they got in their stuff in and I don't have to buy the entire comic shop case, but nada. Flash forward another week and HT still doesn't have any in stock, so I give up on them and I secure a couple of trades with forum members to obtain the HT exclusives. Life is good, I have them en route from the USA. Flash forward again to today... 10 minutes ago... Guess who calls? "Hi, is this Eric? I'm calling from Hot Topic to let you know that your Nightmare Before Christmas minimates have arrived."

Ugh... Why couldn't this have happened weeks ago? Now I gotta go in tomorrow and commit to buy only the exclusives instead of the entire case. I really hope they don't give a sh!t.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to get the the exclusives at hot topic but still need a regular jack, and kinda want the regular reindeer over the glow in the dark one. Im not sure how many I need to have the actual amount of reindeer as in the movie.

Has anyone found any of the toysrus exclusives yet? Im not even sure where to look, I assume over by the neca figures and alien minimates.

What is the assortment for the TRU packs? I know the elves are exclusive, are they packed together or seperate?

Jack/Mayor, Sally/Finkle, Elf/Elf. Even packed.

Apologies for my prior post, it was late, I was tired. I do try to answer every question about every active license, whether I can pretend to know the answer or not. I still try to stay out of wish lists.

Edited by DSTZach

What is the assortment for the TRU packs? I know the elves are exclusive, are they packed together or seperate?

Jack/Mayor, Sally/Finkle, Elf/Elf. Even packed.

Apologies for my prior post, it was late, I was tired. I do try to answer every question about every active license, whether I can pretend to know the answer or not. I still try to stay out of wish lists.

No worries sir, I'm glad we have someone who can answer questions, especially with as many different chains carrying 'mates as there are now.

I would like to apologize in advance to the residents of VA, I'm going to need a few of those elves.

Figures Hot Topic would take Minimates off their site just in time for a 20% off sale.

But I'm subbing in the Kubrick glow Oogie and possibly the reindeer sled, so TRU should be all the figures I need out of the first assortment.

But looking ahead... how hard to find is that NYCC set going to be?

Because we all need it.

Edited by toy showdown