UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Nightmare Before Christmas

The frequency of TMNT stuff is what my frustration is based off of. I've visited 4 Hastings regularly since these series have hit. Each one of them has had a cardboard display for both series and the last time I visited 3 of the 4 stores (within the last week) they still had two boxes pet stores that were stuffed with bags.

An awkward feel-copping last time proved that unless you wanted April, Foot soldiers or Turtles then you were outta luck.

The first series boxes sat around until the second series boxes showed up and now they're keeping each other company.

So three stores have two full bins each? Could either have been restocked? What does the fourth have left?

April, Foot Soldiers and Turtles make up most of Series 1, so if there's a full case, I'm trying to figure out what was cherry-picked from that series. Are people cherry-picking Shredder? How do you even know the Mutagen is gone? And isn't leftover Foot soldiers a good thing?

And the Turtles only make up half of Series 2, so if the Normans, Karai, Casey Jones AND Chris Bradford are gone, shouldn't the case be half-empty? Has it been restocked? Are all the bags in that display from Series 2?

Hypothetcally, these could've been restocked. But of the 3 stores I frequent them on a weekly basis. They COULD be different cases... but they always look and feel the same to me.

I find April's and Shredders gone every time with Foot soldiers/bots only lingering at one store but not the other two. Every non-Turtle is series two is gone.

Edited by Mystery Man

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up Jack, Sally, Finkelstein and the Mayor today. Gotta find Oogie, the clown and the elves now! If I find a reindeer, cool. If not, I'm okay with it. Does anyone know if the elves are packed together?

Also, has there been word on a Series 3? I need Lock, Stock and Barrel!

We're making them, but not in Series 3...

The frequency of TMNT stuff is what my frustration is based off of. I've visited 4 Hastings regularly since these series have hit. Each one of them has had a cardboard display for both series and the last time I visited 3 of the 4 stores (within the last week) they still had two boxes pet stores that were stuffed with bags.

An awkward feel-copping last time proved that unless you wanted April, Foot soldiers or Turtles then you were outta luck.

The first series boxes sat around until the second series boxes showed up and now they're keeping each other company.

So three stores have two full bins each? Could either have been restocked? What does the fourth have left?

April, Foot Soldiers and Turtles make up most of Series 1, so if there's a full case, I'm trying to figure out what was cherry-picked from that series. Are people cherry-picking Shredder? How do you even know the Mutagen is gone? And isn't leftover Foot soldiers a good thing?

And the Turtles only make up half of Series 2, so if the Normans, Karai, Casey Jones AND Chris Bradford are gone, shouldn't the case be half-empty? Has it been restocked? Are all the bags in that display from Series 2?

Hypothetcally, these could've been restocked. But of the 3 stores I frequent them on a weekly basis. They COULD be different cases... but they always look and feel the same to me.

I find April's and Shredders gone every time with Foot soldiers/bots only lingering at one store but not the other two. Every non-Turtle is series two is gone.

So it sounds like people aren't just buying the exclusives, they're buying any non-Turtle, in both series, which is kinda what is supposed to happen. I mean, in a perfect world, Series 1 would be completely gone, but collector demand for Turtles will naturally be lower, since there are two styles to choose from, and if you have bags left over, you want them to be Turtles, for the kids, parents and casual fans to pick up and fall in love with. Regardless, it sounds like both cases are at least half-gone, which isn't bad. If there are more than 8 turtles in a Series 1 display, then one might be a mutagen. But it's also possible that the stores ordered more of Series 1 because they sold out, then restocked the box.

I got

I got a 3 legged reindeer!!! confused.gif It is off to customer service to try my luck in getting a spare leg.

I got one with no eyes .....I contacted DST CS & was told that I had no idea !

laugh.pngpirate.gif

Edited by DSTZach

I got a 3 legged reindeer!!! confused.gif It is off to customer service to try my luck in getting a spare leg.

It happens, but it's extremely rare. Of the literally hundreds of Minimates I've bought over the years, I've only experienced this once (one of my Aliens was missing an arm). DST has far fewer QC issues than any other toy line, at least from my experience.

Confirmation on lock stock and barrel? Check.

Confirmation we are going past wave 3?

Check.

Unless we are getting a box set with them and an angry Jack, we have lots of blind bag slots/tru packs to fill and I'm looking forward to the possibilities for various monsters.

I just got my case from Luke's, and I am loving them.

I just find it odd that you get three Oogie Boogie but only two of the Mayor, Finklestein and the Reindeer Skeletons.

I wish it could have been two Glowing Sally mates and then only two Oogie Boogies, that would have made me happy.

I do like the fact that I got three regular Sally mates and three regular Jack mates, now they can join my Halloween display this year along with the third Oogie.

My local HT's got theirs in on Fri & were doing a Halloween wall reset this morning. Mgr man let me open the case & feel up what I needed -- told me that my method was way less creepy than the standard. So hopefully other MN stores will be close behind.

All were BOGO50%, so it was pretty sweet. To round it out evenly, I grabbed a tearaway clown as well (mayor, GID reindeer & jack). I'd trade it for a GID Jack, Mutie Donnie, or the Halloween Preview promo Jack.

Edited by homestar17

So, I get a call during work from Hot Topic, saying the guy who reserved the case before me changed his mind because he got them somewhere else, so they held it for me!

20150914_205959_zpslmaqrjej.jpg

I also grabbed an extra Clown for anyone who needs it!

If all the cases are the same, it's front to back:

Reindeer

Clown

Clown

Ripped Boogie

Mayor

Mayor

Finkelstein

Finkelstein

Jack

Jack

Jack

Jack

Sally

Sally

Sally

Boogie

Boogie

Boogie

The number of Jacks/Sallies/Boogies might be off (I wasn't keeping count), but the order is right. The exclusives are the first four, if you get to open the case like I did.

So, I get a call during work from Hot Topic, saying the guy who reserved the case before me changed his mind because he got them somewhere else, so they held it for me!

20150914_205959_zpslmaqrjej.jpg

I also grabbed an extra Clown for anyone who needs it!

If all the cases are the same, it's front to back:

Reindeer

Clown

Clown

Ripped Boogie

Mayor

Mayor

Finkelstein

Finkelstein

Jack

Jack

Jack

Jack

Sally

Sally

Sally

Boogie

Boogie

Boogie

The number of Jacks/Sallies/Boogies might be off (I wasn't keeping count), but the order is right. The exclusives are the first four, if you get to open the case like I did.

Thanks for the list! I decided to make the trek to (shudder) hot topic today and give it a try. Walked away with a whole set at buy 1/get 1 half off! They were indeed in the right order (with 2 torn oogies). Thanks!

Edited by MrClean