UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Nightmare Before Christmas

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sigh*

Of course. The only f*cking store locally that will hold items (the rest won't "to make it fair for everyone else" - way to make me feel genuinely bad for trying to collect something, @$$holes), and someone else already called in to reserve the case before me.

This is f*cking ridiculous.

Collecting toys should not be stressful.

F*ck this g*dd@mn f*cking bullsh*t.

Zach, will oogie boogie be offered again in another way?

You mean a different look, or a different location? Regular (non-torn) Oogie will be at comic shops starting tomorrow. But I believe we may revisit him in a future assortment.

Yes GitD

I forget if we're doing a glowing one, but sometimes I don't know we're doing glow stuff until it shows up and glows!

I haven't traded my Clown or Torn Oogie yet. I'm looking for a trade of appropriate value. For those that have sent me a PM already, send me another. I want to help you all but only have one of each at the moment. I'll send them to who ever makes me the offer I like the most. ??

I hit the local Hot Topic, so here are my opinions:

Pro's:

These all look fantastic and I can't wait for series 2. They all depict the characters remarkably well. The Mayor and Finklestein translate especially well. And the clown comes with an extra "no face" head!

Con's:

I hate that the rare reindeer is the choice for a chase. Being blind BAGS, it's too easy for people to feel up all the rare, one-per-case figures and leave the rest. At least with stuff like Mutagen Ninja Turtles it's more of a random chance to deter scalpers

Sally's execution is lacking. While the figure looks great, the lack of a longer crotch peg makes it was too easy for her torso to fall off. If DST is going to continue to use add on height features for taller characters, I *really* wish they'd pony up the dough to get a re-tooled crotch piece with a longer peg.

Overall:

They look great, but I wish I wouldn't have bought an entire case in-store. I have 3 Jack, 3 Sally, 3 regular Oogie, 1 torn Oogie, 2 Mayor's, 2 Finklestein's and no reindeer. I wouldn't even mind the spares as I was planning to pass them along... but 3 Sally's that aren't functional as action figures is lousy.

Edited by Mystery Man

I hate that the rare reindeer is the choice for a chase. Being blind BAGS, it's too easy for people to feel up all the rare, one-per-case figures and leave the rest. At least with stuff like Mutagen Ninja Turtles it's more of a random chance to deter scalpers

This is the only assortment like this. Specialty has a rare glow Sally and some Glow Jacks, both indistinguishable from regular figures in the bag, and Series 2 has regular and glowing Zeros.

...Although I'm not sure how many non-glowing versions we'd have to include to make people not try to get the glowing rare. I guess we'll see.

I also don't know how you differentiate between scalpers and collectors who ordered a specialty case and just want a glowing reindeer.