UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Nightmare Before Christmas

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are all the reindeer GITD? He said the reindeer was the one per case at hot topic, and there are 2 oogie boogies on the box.

Heres his pic of the reindeer, he didnt buy anyone else for us to see pics.

11954758_876529705717007_108749676191585

I guess I hadn't noticed the wreath around the neck, pretty neat.

I did call 2 local hot topics and they didn't have them, but one store at least the guy had heard of minimates and both were excited when I described them. These conversations were way more pleasant than the ones I had with gamestop employees when mass effect mates came out.

Edited by arnim zola

Okay, Zach, can you give us a break down of what and where we need to go if we want them all? Thanks!

Hot Topic sells a ton of pop culture collectables, nowadays. I'm not surprised minimates are there now. HT gets exclusive POPS and probably more stuff that I dont know about. I would assume that most of the toy/collectable stuff they sell in there is spur of the moment purchases. TNBC isnt a mainstream Minimates line (compared to Marvel, Walking Dead, TMNT...) and they dont fit in much at a LCS. So I say it would work for the crowd they are marketing to.

Ran out and hit the local malls looking for these and found three boxes, one per Hot Topic. The first two both had 16 in the box so I thought maybe DST had changed the count for NBX. But the last store had the full 18 bags. I grabbed the whole lot of 18 to make sure I got any one-per-casers. (I just can't bring myself to grope these in the store.) They had all been stickered with Hot Topic UPCs so I have no idea what the order is, but the breakdown appears to be:
3 Jack,
3 Sally,
2 Clowns,
2 Finkelsteins,
2 Mayors,
and 5 Oogie Boogies. I haven't opened all of these so I'm not sure how many are regular and how many are 'Torn'.

Not a lot of accessories. Everyone got a base. The Mayor got a megaphone. The reindeer got an additional stand. The clown got an alternate head. His unicycle is part of the sculpt and not removable (unless you take his pants off too.)

Pics:

150827_nbxHT_jackSally.JPG
150827_nbxHT_oogies.JPG

150827_nbxHT_clown.JPG150827_nbxHT_finkel.JPG150827_nbxHT_mayor.JPG150827_nbxHT_reindeer.JPG

I haven't opened the reindeer yet either. Mine only had three legs. I've got to contact CS tomorrow to see if that is normal or if I can get another leg. Sorry the copyrights are so big, the script is made for pics that are taller than they are wide.

I also have to say that was my most pleasant Hot Topic run. (I never used to have enough points to avoid the look of contempt.) Employees were nice and helpful. The stores seemed brighter than they used to be. And only one smelled of patchouli. Still crammed full of stuff, but not as claustrophobia inducing.

Thanks for posting the news here arnim.

Edited by Ivan

I'm not asking for anything on a major scale, but at least mention it on social media which is free, and when you send the info and photos to sites like Toynewsi, make mention of retailer exclusives. The information gets out, 100% free.

I promote the specialty sets because they are orderable in advance. Now that the Hot Topic assortment is out, I'll promote that one as well. Nothing to say before now.

Glow Jack and Sally, and regular Reindeer are only at comic shops. Glow reindeer, clown and torn Oogie are only at HT. Elves are only at TRU.

Regular Oogie is at specialty and HT.

Jack, Sally, Mayor and Finkelstein are everywhere.

Great shots Ivan!

I'll try to get a clearer shot later, but i noticed for those that wanted to know if there is a difference, the Promo Jack has a slightly bigger smile (on his right) and a white tampo for the pinstripes on the chest, and big white eyes on the bat collar. HT Jack has a grey/silver tampo for pinstripes and small grey eyes on the bat.

IMAG3118.jpgpromo on the left, HT on the right

IMAG3117.jpgheres my whole haul with promo jack next to torn oogie

Edited by arnim zola